• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cordless Grease Gun vs Tucker Steel Track

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
The Easter Honey was good to me and gave me a Lincoln cordless grease gun and a case of grease. I was allowed to test drive only today because of the holiday but i was able to grease 15 rollers in less than 10 minutes. Sure beats the old hand pump method. This is going to make the lubrication regime almost pleasant. I highly recommend one to all you steel trackers.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been rocking a harbor freight pneumatic with excellent results for 20$. Cordless is the way to go. Dewalt is suppose to have one soon so I can keep
Batteries the same.

Used red and tacky Lucas. Cheap stuff did not
Hold up

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at the DeWalt..they have a new 18v model..close to $200. looks like a great tool. Not sure I would use one enough to justify spending that much. if I was a pro I could see it but I am not. Will definitely invest in another battery

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
That Harbor Freight pneumatic is a CHEEP and nice way to go. I've had one for about 15 years, still working fine. So nice on the excavator and cat. I get a little frustrated with the zirk fittings wearing out, I usually leave the needle on for everything. Added benefit: you can feather the air valve to get just enough pressure and volume of grease to stop before the seal is blown entirely out. Cat's meow. A friend is the head excavator operator for a small company. His boss got him one of those high dollar Lincolns, first thing he did is left it on a track and drove over it. Now he doesn't complain about the muscle-draulic pump master.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a dewalt picked up from amazon. the good part about it, you can save a bunch with the dewalt, by buying the tool only no battery or charger if you have an assortment of dewalt tools already what do you need withb more batterys and chargers.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I last posted on this topic I got the Dewalt 18V cordless because of all the other 18V I already have.

Worth every penny. Primes quick, uses most of the grease. Clean. My pneumatic made a mess. I can grease a whole track that is off in minutes. Whole tucker tracks on under an hour with plenty of breaks. I also found I used less grease. Buy one.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Alemite is what I have several of, the newest is lithium ion battery'd

Never had one fail. The first two are on there third Ni/Cad battery packs.. About 15 years or so. .I have seem many Lincoln's in pieces with stripped plastic gears in them..

Alemite has been in the grease application business for decades. They know how to do it right...:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
one thing I learned the hard way about the dewalt is it has a pressure relief valve that will pop before gears strip.

Sno Buzzard

Just bought the Dewalt 20v from Home Depot online, got it within a week freight free. Tried it out on my steel tracks went through 4 tubes of grease on the charge it had on it out of the box. Thing works awesome bleeds up quick with the bleeder screw and makes relatively short work of greasing the tracks.