• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Japan's stubborn and irrational claim on foreign territory

raindrop

Diaoyudao is historically and legally Chinese territory, but the Japanese government is taking the issue to the International Court Of Justice. Japan is taking it to ICJ because there is nothing to lose because it wasn't theirs from the beginning. Japan basically stole the so-called Senkaku islands when World War II ended. The funny thing is the US 'allowed' Japan to do so. But who are we to tell Japan can have Chinese land? Seriously this isn't the first time. We basically took Palestinian land and gave it to Israel - but this is a different topic that I will not indulge any further. Anyways, Japan is not stopping with the Diaoyudao.

They are taking the Dokdo issue to the ICJ. The present is no longer the time where imperialism prevails. Japan's facism ended along with the WWII. As a war criminal country and a defeated nation, they request to much. This is all because even if Japan loses any of the suits, they won't lose anything, but if they win, there's a big gain. Worth the risk? Probably so. But at what cost?

(http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?
idxno=2012112809223623824)

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
And all this time I was under the asumption it belonged to Japan and China were the as holes causing all the problems!!!! If memory serves China thinks they own Tiwan and the USA also...
I think all china owns is a buntch of O-slimmys paper......when this is all over...hand them a paper giving clame to O-slimmys back side.........:whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I cannot believe youare advocating that this chain of islands would be better off under a totalitarian regime over a modern Japan. Understanding that you have a fixation on Japan doesn't explain your position.

Based on the war actions of Imperial Japan in the30's and 40's of some 70 years ago, I understand latent hatred. But the nationyou despise is long gone. As for China, it'shuman rights record is abysmal. even in comparison toImperialist Japan. And there treatment of women today is as horrid as ever.

Isn't you premise that the subjacation of women during the WWII Japaneese occupation was crimminal?
Clearly, such crimes are not going on there today.

So why would you advocate that a government such as China should have access to more women?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
They are uninhabited and nobody gave a damn about them until OIL was discovered there.

Since the USA defeated Japan in WW2 they were given to the USA whch later returned them to Japan. Since their ownership is disputed the ICJ is probably the best place to decide their ownership.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have to agree with SSheperd about "Palestine." I would suggest that raindrop (and anyone else) interested in the History of modern Israel look up the Balfour Declaration and the British Mandate of Palestine.

Last edited:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to agree with SSheperd about "Palestine." I would suggest that raindrop (and anyone else) interested in the History of modern Israel look up the Balfour Declaration and the British Mandate of Palestine.

And the 1947 U.N. resolution that dealt with the creation of both Israel and a state for Arab Palestinians. If the Arab nations had not rejected that Resolution, there would have been a Palestinian homeland since 1948!

SShepherd

And the 1947 U.N. resolution that dealt with the creation of both Israel and a state for Arab Palestinians. If the Arab nations had not rejected that Resolution, there would have been a Palestinian homeland since 1948!
it had 0 to do with "us", although I'm not sure if that's the "we" the poster was refering to.:unsure: