• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is it worth

rev_man

Hey Guys,
Just found this forum and I must say there is a ton of great information here. My name is Mike and i'm new to the world of Sno Cats. I am looking for an idea of what some of you think the machine in the pics below is worth. I have teamed up with a few other guys and we are starting a new snowmobile club in Maine and in our search for a groomer we came across this since it is in our price range. We intend to groom roughly 75 miles of trial a week. I do know it's a 1966 and has a Chrysler 360 industrial motor. I do not know the model #, I will be going to see the machine in person next weekend.

Your thoughts.............

DSC02172.jpg

Tucker2.jpg

Tucker3.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

Tucker1.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey.:smile: Welcome to the forums. Nice looking machine. I can't suggest a price range though. I would be concerned though with the older style track with the roller bearings being put back into a regular grooming schedule. From what I've heard and read, they are allot of maintenance and upkeep. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if you owned shares in a grease company.:doh:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Try to find a belted machine for gromming, nice tucker but the up keep on the older track systems seems to have its drawbacks,.............and welcome:smile:

rev_man

Thanks for for input guys. We have been looking for a belted machine for a while but came across this. To be honest I love the look of it. Is it possable to convert from the all steel track to belted or even all rubber tracks? Would love to do a complete restoration on this with nice a little diesel motor, Allison 6 speed automatic and rubber tracks. That to me would be the best of both worlds.

Dick

HI Rev man there is a diesle tucker in the maine snowmobiler magazine for $10,000.00 and there is a gas one in Wilton at skidoo dealer good luck

rev_man

Cool looking rig, but the maint will be high. Where a bouts in Maine will you be grooming?

The high maint will be an issues but the club is being started on a shoe string with a bunch of knots keeping the string together :biggrin: The four members kicked in 2500 each to get things off the ground. In talking with the state of Maine we will receive zero funding, so this machine with the drag fits our limited budget. One of our members has donated 2 55 gallon drums of grease and a air powered grease gun, by the sounds of it we are going to need it :doh: another member owns a machine shop and he thinks the rollers will be fairly simple to produce.
We will be grooming in western Maine, I cant say exactly where because when it comes out that a new club has been started in the area feathers are going to be ruffled. Problem is we know for a fact this club lets the groomers sit and idle to run up the hour meter to charge for the grooming miles that they do not do. They like to do the "in town trails" and could care less about the rest. This to me is completely wrong, I thought the club was supposed to be for the riders / members not to make money. The funny part is they do not want to groom this particular 15 mile section of trail but they are not willing to give it up either.
Dont get me wrong we tried to work with the existing club but they wanted no part of it. Last fall we did a 5 mile re-route on our dime. We funded the trail 100% including bridges, culverts, and excavation work. There where 4 of us just looking to help the local club. The re-route was approved for funding and not even a "hey thanks" notta.. nothing. So from here on in we have taken the attitude you can work with us or against us, they choose against us.

OK rant off :w00t2: