• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another one has passed away in the family

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My mom had 11 brothers and sisters.

There were only 2 sisters remaining up until last night. One more of my aunts has died. Fortunately peacefully.

The last time I saw her, several months ago, she did not recognize me.

There is now only 1 of the original 12 alive. There are 2 living spouses as well, so I have 3 remaining aunts, 2 of which are by marriage. No uncles left alive. I'm actually much closer to the 2 aunts who married into the family than I am to the one who passed last night. Both of those 2 are in fairly good health.

The one sister of my mom is mentally losing it. She is in her early 80's. In a wheel chair, generally failing health. Not sure she recognizes me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Bob.

I've one aunt left whom is in the same way.
She's in a Christian Science nursing home near Terre Haute.
Last time my brother went to see her she hadn't a clue.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
It's hard to lose them and sad when they go mentally first because then it's like you have already lost them

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Our family went through something similar a couple of months ago when my 99-year old M-I-L passed away, just a month short of her 100th birthday. She was the last of 6 siblings. It leaves a void in your life although it was also a blessing.

Condolences Bob.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss Bob. I can't imagine having that many aunts and uncles.