• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Time to the fertilized the hay fields ... $$$$$$$

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Its time for me to start fertilizing the hay fields for this years crop of hay . Man the price per ton is through the roof . I am using 30-00-6 at $600 per ton .I'm growing a "Thouroberd blend custom mix " I purchase from Westlands Seeds . It is especially blended for horses and used in Hi mountain areas .
I already have all my hay sold . Good horse hay is getting hard to find around here . I had a new fella purchase from me last year and then he called back this winter and said he wanted all I could produce for the coming season :clap:. Said his horses now thumb their noses at the other hay he was buying down in the lower country .
What are you other ranchers using ??

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, it's expensive this year. Just paid $240/ton (in 50# bags) for 19-19-19. I'm thankful I bought extra 46-0-0 last year when it was about $150/ton.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here in my neck of the woods, P and K are down quite a bit like 40% from a year ago. Of course this is a bulk by the ton pricing, from the local CooP.

Nitrogen is not quite as cheap in comparison, locked in the price on NH3 in late Jan time frame at around 25% less than last year. Again at bulk by the ton pricing.

I think some one is pulling your chains....

Regards, Kirk

Bamby

Are farming materials somewhat like construction materials? Google didn't return any real results on Al's fertilizer, and it leaves me thinking it's like online lumber prices, prices generally aren't available for price comparisons. We wouldn't want Al saving some $$$ by having it trucked cheaper from somewhere else would we..