• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

72 Skidozer 300 Driveline Disc-repair/replace

jvoss1

Greetings,
Sheared all the bolts for the driveline disc connection from the transfercase to the differential. Any ideas on where I can find a replacement driveline disc? Looks like the through holes got a little banged up when the shaft came loose. Don't know if I can flatten it out and reuse it?
Reconnected the shaft without the disc so I could run the cat, but would like to put it back together for safety. None of the local auto parts stores were helpful, closest place is 3 hours away.
Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• 72 Skidozer Drive line Disc Brake.JPG
    72 Skidozer Drive line Disc Brake.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

jvoss1

Thanks,
That is where we might be headed, hard to believe it has not been simple process. fingers crossed, a little tricky driving without the brake.
Joe

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you can't just weld a new center in it if it is still good?

Last edited:

jvoss1

Thanks Jim,
That is where we are headed next, just worried about getting it flush and the amount of torque on that part. Have some guys at the Caltrans yard who are pretty handy looking at it.
Joe

just wondering what you do with the brake----I had a sv250 and never used it----I now have a sv200 and never use it---I don't even know if it works

jvoss1

That is what I thought until it started rolling downhill in neutral. I think it is emergency brake/driveline brake to help the tranny when shifting F/R. I have th plow for that purpose not, until I can get it fixed.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree, I use mine all the time. Mostly for shifting forward/reverse when plowing so I don't make the differential clunk but also when backing up to an implement or when stopping on the hill so a kid can jump in. Parking brake is good thing too.

clairpierce

I found my brake is a must on my sv 300 without the brake I put the cat in park it grinds the park cogs. I had to replace it once. I don't use the brake to stop the cat just to stop and put in park. just my 2 cents Thanks Clair

really------try pulling both sticks at the same time---give it a try sometime---but I guess some people cant walk and chew gum at the same time-----just sayin

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
really------try pulling both sticks at the same time---give it a try sometime---but I guess some people cant walk and chew gum at the same time-----just sayin

I don't think anyone is just sayin they are using it to only stop the cat.
I guess I should have said "when stopping on the hill to hold the cat from rolling" not "when stopping on the hill"
I'd rather use my foot and keep my hands free to shift or control the blade (or a beer can), or offer a hand to a kid in slippery ski boots.
Auto tranny no park. Also my differential brakes are activated hydraulically, when engine no runny, hydraulic pump no worky. I :heart1: my factory driveline brake