• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Camp life

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's the plan for tonight.
ce88075db80d11f3d66c18add3bb0bc4.jpg

It doesn't get much better than that. :clap::clap::clap:

I started hill walking, hiking, camping in my late teens and I still love it. These days I prefer my camping in a RV rather than a tent but I still love getting out there. More power to you my friend. Enjoy it!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I grew up camping in tents. Always slept in the tent when we were on an rv trip while everyone else slept in the motorhome.

We do have plans this summer to haul the camper out of here for a bit. With 5 kids it's way more economical to travel this way.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This coming weekend is our long weekend and also the opening of walleye season. That also means I'm loading up the truck camper, hooking up the boat, taking the two older boys and heading 3.5 hours back to our annual fish camp we've been doing every year for as long as I can remember. Our American friend from Michigan is also coming up as he has done for 50+ years in a row. Lots of history and memories there.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This coming weekend is our long weekend and also the opening of walleye season. That also means I'm loading up the truck camper, hooking up the boat, taking the two older boys and heading 3.5 hours back to our annual fish camp we've been doing every year for as long as I can remember. Our American friend from Michigan is also coming up as he has done for 50+ years in a row. Lots of history and memories there.

I like family traditions. Unfortunately our family traditions are dying off, as we who uphold them, die off. Sad ... but a fact of life.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. I remember as a kid there were 25+ americans that would come up for may long weekend. Over the years it dwindled down to just one. Some have passed away. Some moved away.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I loved camping when I was young. I would still like to do it but the body won't let me anymore. Damn arthritis is just to bad. :sad:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I loved camping when I was young. I would still like to do it but the body won't let me anymore. Damn arthritis is just to bad. :sad:
If I had to set up and take down every weekend I wouldn't be able to camp either. Our setup is like having a permanent cottage but with the option to haul it out if we want to

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's only Monday and I'm beat. Installed a new seat in the old boat. started going through the truck camper to see what we need which is basically everything. That's what I like about our big camper. It's already setup and ready to go including most groceries. For this weekend we need basically a duplicate of everything including gas food water clothes etc. Lots of work.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's only Monday and I'm beat. Installed a new seat in the old boat. started going through the truck camper to see what we need which is basically everything. That's what I like about our big camper. It's already setup and ready to go including most groceries. For this weekend we need basically a duplicate of everything including gas food water clothes etc. Lots of work.

For me, trying to remember everything that's already in the RV is a challenge. :w00t2:

Before we leave I know that we have to load food, water and clothes. Everything and anything else I trust that it's in one of the storage bins. I need to clean those out and re-organize them. For example, we have 6 camp chairs in there and there are only the two of us.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have you beat. Lmao. We have a total of 22 lawn chairs for 7 of us. Because our camper is set up seasonally, we have a set of camp clothes for each of us in the camper already. We keep a stock of non perishable food in the camper and just bring out the perishables and cleaned camp clothes every weekend.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We have you beat. Lmao. We have a total of 22 lawn chairs for 7 of us. Because our camper is set up seasonally, we have a set of camp clothes for each of us in the camper already. We keep a stock of non perishable food in the camper and just bring out the perishables and cleaned camp clothes every weekend.

I've got 6 chairs for 2 people. You've got 22 chairs for 7 people. That's about the same ratio ... only mine take up a helluva lot less space. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This weekend was our annual fish camp. I've been going to the same area my whole life every may long weekend. My grampa used to take my dad. Now I'm taking my boy. Only our oldest son came with me. We were joined by his older brother(who, btw, I raised as my own for 10 years), my dad, and our American friend. He's been coming up for 56 years straight and is now 74 years old but doesn't look over 60. The fishing was the best I've seen. We limited out in 20 minutes each day.
59699511664d1eed239d0ae408374210.jpg
28b2a6cddeb5494b35dcd9f9a468b673.jpg
4854341b834c94e949f3808e142d578f.jpg
2e841a6489d2cd8ed6f6d842d70f862c.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
On sunday we went out fishing even though it was colder and windy. Once we had caught our limit 3 times over we pulled up on shore for a fire. I've stopped there many times over the years for a fire.
e5ce763c505c56a453e603ec8b35c882.jpg
00b9cc5c4a50d9a4c8bda4cbe185fc2e.jpg
794e4c3c5c96bcc0cacb6fcd3f531a1f.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My son Evan got to spend the weekend with his older brother Logan. On Saturday morning they each came our of their tents wearing the same basic thing without knowing what the other was wearing.
4e28233249fd9cb0d6ec3ee05599b515.jpg
ee3e2ae7f3695c71910f62759b87e9b6.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back to our seasonal site this weekend. We arrived by 7pm last night. By 10pm I was on beer #6. By midnight...well, the reports are still coming in. Today so far I made breakfast came out lit a fire and found a nice spot in the sun on a lounger. Tonight will be a repeat of last night.
dc8e07ac12351cd0237121070ff3eab4.jpg
0bcb51bd35336cb9cd2ff824487bdf1c.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back in town now. Guess we'll have to make arrangements to bring the camper to town for warranty sooner rather than later. It rained friday night for 15 minutes and in that time the living room slide leaked a lot. Looking at it the following morning shows there appears to be a tight seal all the way around. But looking at the roof the water appears to be pooling near the end of the slide where it is leaking.
a1bc8dbb434174fff32b0f8055830231.jpg
d868e02cadf53c4efafb2e78b9df7a19.jpg
46855b7650c5e9f9bffb971294956b60.jpg
e3edc1383be0ab6ce915207aae2130d5.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got the slide leaking problem fixed. Survived a tornado warning with only a few drops of rain. Not far from us they got golf ball sized hail. Turned into a nice day over all. Me and the lovely missus. [emoji3]
28e14880a31e9ca1cc828271806be442.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Day 1 of 10 days out at camp. We do this every summer. First week of july we spend out at camp. At the end of our stint here, we haul the camper home for the first road trip of the summer. It's only going to be a 3 hr drive to our destination for a family reunion.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today is Canada day. Everywhere else people are planning and doing stuff. Out here we are doing activities for the kids, having a big potluck dinner, and doing fireworks that rivals most smaller displays.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out fishing for an hour with a buddy on his pontoon boat. Didn't catch a thing. But nice to get out on the water. Our camp is just to the left of the fishing rod.
b00297f94e8307930deff60cd05caa62.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was fairly quiet and laid back for Canada day. It's Canada's 150th birthday. It was also a friend's daughters birthday yesterday at camp so they made her a cake.

Another friend at camp works for a steak house in town. He brought out 20 racks of ribs already smoked and seasoned. We were supposed to have fireworks last night but a thunderstorm rolled through about the time they were supposed to light them off. The plan b is to set them off tonight instead.
b50036e4951e1cbbb16b61bb97dbe13f.jpg
39651652568ff5fd87ad50978f51b210.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was a quiet relaxing day at camp. Since we got rained out on july 1, we did fireworks last night. The resort next to our camp also did fireworks. It was quite the display. In total about 40 minutes worth of fireworks that rivals the city's display.
319b035b5a9b77344ca8c9b95c536deb.jpg
ba11f38c276b0769894095191887534e.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was a quiet relaxing day at camp. Since we got rained out on july 1, we did fireworks last night. The resort next to our camp also did fireworks. It was quite the display. In total about 40 minutes worth of fireworks that rivals the city's display.
319b035b5a9b77344ca8c9b95c536deb.jpg
ba11f38c276b0769894095191887534e.jpg

I could live with that. Pretty. :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been a quiet relaxing week at camp. Hardly anyone else out here. Today is Friday and everyone is out. Seems as though we had breakfast, went swimming, and now it's supper time. We've been getting good use out of the kayaks this week. I even had the boat in the water a couple times for fishing and tubing.
52ff8da6e3d8d1b57207611967d6c77d.jpg
ecfc264d27b9e28905b9381f131ec08e.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh that water is gorgeous!
It is. That is just the small bay our camp is located on. We have to take a 15 minute boat ride to access the 17 miles of the main lake. Aside from a couple of campgrounds and 10-15 private camps at the south end the rest of the lake is uninhabited.