• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I have a dream!

Bamby

I Have A Dream!

That we lived in a world where every single move you made was tracked by the government and big corporations.

There were cameras at every street corner, in every building and even in your own home, all connected to a gigantic cloud that was intentionally compromised by the government so it could see everything you did.

I have a dream!

That in exchange for silently cooperating with the government in putting those cameras and microphones everywhere huge corporations worth hundreds of billions of dollars would be given a pass from privacy laws and allowed to tap into that information too, both to sell you things and to screw you out of thousands of dollars every year by perverting the so-called market.

I have a dream!

That "self-driving" cars will soon make their appearance on the roads, but will always be connected to said cloud by law, with disconnection or independent action being an absolute offense and subject to immediate fines and confiscations. These vehicles will communicate exactly who is in them, where they're going and where they've come from, building an impenetrable and permanent dossier on every single movement everyone in the country makes from birth to death that cannot be evaded or avoided.

I have a dream!

That the people of this nation would be so stupid that they'd fail to recognize that spending money you don't have is a bankrupt premise and can never work, as it robs the very people who you "give" the money to and drives them further into poverty every single time.

I have a dream!

That the people of this nation would be so easily seduced that they would pay money to buy a microphone that was always on and they did not control, willingly putting it in their living room and, for many, another in their bedroom so on command that examination of their lives could be conducted not only when on the public streets but when they were having their most-intimate moments.

I have a dream!

That it would be considered misconduct bordering on criminality to assert that one's draw in the genetic lottery is immutable, but if you're unhappy with it, or for that matter anything else, you have the right to steal however much money is required to try to become more happy.

I have a dream!

That you can come here illegally five times, be deported five more, come back again, then assault the passengers on a Greyhound bus and threaten to kill them and the mayor of the city where you reside, and who harbored you in direct violation of the law, will not be indicted, arrested or prosecuted.

I have a dream!

That firms claiming to sell "insurance" in an area of the economy consuming fully one fifth of all spending will be given the ability to keep charging you after the event you bought insurance against happens, and you require them to pay -- or they'll stop paying and you will die.

I have a dream!

That should you have a child and have little money said child has the right to steal not only a public education through high school but also a collegiate education from every other person who has more money and deigns to attend, even if it places those "better off" young adults in debt up their eyeballs.

I have a dream!

That Hezbollah would be given free rein to import thousands of pounds of cocaine into the United States and sell it without fear of arrest, but any American caught doing the same thing would spend the rest of their life in prison -- all so we can phony up a diplomatic fraud with another country.

I have a dream!

That our own FBI not only was involved in leaving Hezbollah alone peddling all that cocaine but also intentionally concealed bribery of government officials and others in the selling of nuclear fuel for both power and bombs to the Russians -- because the President at the time was Black Jesus and his Secretary of State was the titular female half of the greatest crime family ever to live in the White House.

I have a dream!

That the very same titular female head would get a convicted child trafficker in Haiti off with a tiny little sentence, when the evidence appears to indicate that she was in fact involved in human trafficking and was arrested for same; after all young black children are worth far less than white ones and when the money is good slavery -- even sexual slavery -- is still ok, so long as the pimps are one of the privileged.

Sadly, there is also a dream I did not have.

I did not have a dream of handcuffs on Hillary and Bill Clinton, nor Black Jesus. I did not dream of President "Rule of Law" Trump demanding Jeff Sessions indict every one of the above individuals and firms, or he would be fired and replaced with someone who will. I did not dream of Rahm laying in a prison cell for harboring an illegal immigrant -- who went on to threaten the lives of Americans. Nor did I dream of those conspiring to import cocaine via Hezbollah going to prison either, or of the Googleplex, Spamazon or Facesucker being shut down for invading the privacy of Americans and selling their secrets for pennies while screwing them out of billions. And finally I did not dream of the myriad health care executives, from hospital administrators to drug company CEOs to insurance firm boards of directors being led out in handcuffs to face the music for violating 100+ year old law, their companies laying smoldering in ruins and their executive staff all facing decades of prison time and confiscation of every penny they have.

Nor will I, because unlike MLK there will be no awakening of the US Public, there will be no outrage, there will be no marches, no pitchforks or torches.

There will only be the little mewl intercepted from time to time by Alexa and Echo, with Amazon, Google and the government chortling in glee as one is bent over the table, cheeks spread wide:

Please sir, this time, just the tip?