• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1973 Tucker Sno Cat 1443 New to Me

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2231.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2233.jpeg
IMG_2237.jpeg
IMG_2238.jpeg
IMG_2230.jpeg
IMG_2229.jpeg
Front carrier back on trunion mounts. All greased up and bolted down.

Mixed up a quart matching brush paint and did some touch up.

Single tracks starting to move in. Just bolted the 4th drive clutch on for second child rider. We got lots of mods and it runs to the bar all day. Pay to play I guess.

Trying the Tucker orange thread locker see if that holds the clutch bolt better.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2339.jpeg
IMG_2336.jpeg
IMG_2337.jpeg
IMG_2338.jpeg
Swapped the passenger and driver sprockets to spread the wear. Changed out some hardware.

Found some cracking on the newer carrier adjuster stop. Newer carrier has this additional support hoop. Not sure if OE or afterhacket but can’t hurt so adding one to match?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had to hone the bearing id to get the bearings on this newer style shaft. Even got different brands of bearings. Wheel slide right off figured bearings were same didn’t check part numbers before discarding.

Tried many different bearings and brands. Some fit a little some not at all without force. Ran the brake cylinder hone and we are now good. Oddity….

IMG_2346.jpeg

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Not an oddity. it should be an oddity though. I repaired a piece of equipment for OSU a few years ago. ALL from same supplier. found the ones that would go to the inner side, the others fit outside ok. I used several choice words. they had plastic seals, or I would have tried heat.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2360.jpeg
IMG_2364.jpeg
IMG_2363.jpeg
IMG_2361.jpeg
IMG_2362.jpeg
IMG_2358.jpeg
Welded the front adjusters and added the updated hoop support and repainted. Treated the adjuster tubes to fluid film them a lubriplate massage.

Front idlers all rebuilt. New races seals and bearings. Full lubripate treatment. Carriers greased.

Swapped sprockets to extend wear and upgraded the hardware on the sliders.

New cross joints, front diff fluid, and table alignment and we are sno ready.

Single tracks moving in. JR learning then joys of adding studs to a sled. First question was “is this rigging safe to be under”?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
omg,
JR is getting big,
remember the first time I saw JR, it was the cats meow, oregon, barely big enough to see over the top of a pontoon, looks like he is very helpful around the shop, all is looking great

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, thank you, so many wonderful great memories you have made for me over the years..

may the orange be with you

thank you, thank you, thank you

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2447.jpeg
IMG_2448.jpeg
IMG_2449.jpeg
IMG_2444.jpeg
IMG_2443.jpeg
IMG_2441.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg
Filled front diff and removed the upper front drive shaft yoke. Tight tolerance needed to remove some other bolts.

All cleaned up and laying paint in prep for new ujoints.

Single tracks migrating in and looks like Santa came early for one of us!

YamaDooPolCat

SUPER Site Supporter
In the west in Canada most land is owned by the government. The elites don’t like people with disposable incomes that like playing in the snow on snowmobiles. No winter restrictions on anything to do with enjoying the winter weather, just snowmobiling is very restricted.
We end up social outcasts with an attitude. And people wonder where hells angels came from.
IMG_5512.jpeg
IMG_5511.jpeg
IMG_5510.jpeg

YamaDooPolCat

SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone seen this before? A couple butterflies that are still alive in my shop. They don’t fly or move much but they are still alive. I notice once in awhile they have moved or raised or lowered their wings.
IMG_5513.jpeg

Reactions: PJL

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Changed the fluids in transfer case, transmission, rear diff. Got more on the ground than in the machine.

Should have used a marine oil extraction pump to fill. Next time!

Reactions: PJL

YamaDooPolCat

SUPER Site Supporter
We have an encouraging forecast, but nothing yet.

After the snow, sun and bitter cold is in the forecast for the rest of the week. On Wednesday, Environment Canada is predicting a high of -20 C and a low of -34 C, a high of -29 C and a low of -37 C on Thursday, and a high of -30 C and a low of -42 C on Friday.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
H
View attachment 172284View attachment 172285View attachment 172286View attachment 172287View attachment 172288View attachment 172289View attachment 172290Filled front diff and removed the upper front drive shaft yoke. Tight tolerance needed to remove some other bolts.

All cleaned up and laying paint in prep for new ujoints.

Single tracks migrating in and looks like Santa came early for one of us!
How kewl that you knew Marty. An absolute legend.
Be sure to time the driveline when you put it back together.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn’t know Marty. Was in an article with him few years ago. We knew about each other from the cat connection but never direct meeting.

A great story still in the works and I hope to serve his legacy well.l!

Never gave driveline phase a thought or know that was a thing but did see an arrow on one. Will be a Tucker phase expert soon I guess. Thanks for the wisdom!

Great visiting with winter. Arc was loaded just before the flood rains this evening:(
IMG_2624.jpeg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_2629.jpeg
IMG_2630.jpeg
IMG_2631.jpeg
Thanks sno drifter for the tech tip. West coast advice is always though provoking and impactful.

Turns out there is and arrow on each side and definitely were not aligned.

Took the driveshafts off and aligned the arrows and reinstalled. These rubber tracks vibrate so much be curious to see how it works.

Re sealed the passenger side steering fitting. I like the paste sealant but sometimes they leak. Did side twice already and it weeps. Used tape this time. So far so good!