• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

More unwanted car technology!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Now they are raving about having sensors to detect alcohol and prohibit you from driving. We already have so damn much unneeded BS on vehicles that they are almost unserviceable. While I don't condone drunk driving I sure as hell don't want to pay for something like this when I don't drink. The current system of interlocks for those convicted works fine. This will just be more things to malfunction not to mention let government and insurance companies intrude into your life.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't drink and drive. I don't need this. I only drink THEN drive.:hammer:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Now they are raving about having sensors to detect alcohol and prohibit you from driving. We already have so damn much unneeded BS on vehicles that they are almost unserviceable. While I don't condone drunk driving I sure as hell don't want to pay for something like this when I don't drink. The current system of interlocks for those convicted works fine. This will just be more things to malfunction not to mention let government and insurance companies intrude into your life.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

guess you must buy an alcohol-free mouthrinse for the mornings before work, then

I don't drink and drive. I don't need this. I only drink THEN drive.:hammer:
:neutral:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The future of the american automobile

Attachments

• pedal car.jpg
    pedal car.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 156

mak2

Maybe he does have a better idea. He probably doesnt get stuck in traffic, no gas stations and he looks happy. Maybe we are the crazy ones. And if you get real drunk your ass knows its own way home.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
People will just carry an extra set of keys. Keep the engine running & lock the doors while they go in to have a drink.
The government will then have to create legislation that disables an idling car after 5 minutes.
Oh, they'll have to create laws to outlaw any bottled air that can be connected to the breathalizer.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
People will just carry an extra set of keys. Keep the engine running & lock the doors while they go in to have a drink.
The government will then have to create legislation that disables an idling car after 5 minutes.
Oh, they'll have to create laws to outlaw any bottled air that can be connected to the breathalizer.

far as i know, least in PA, its illegal to leaver your car running, locked or not, if you go into say a conveinience store, ect. so they might get yer ass anyway.

not that it stops me, the cops, or anyone else here in good ol' Dallastown. you'd be hard pressed to find a car thats NOT running at the Turkey Hill or Tom's.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
on hd diesels it's already there i can limmit idle times and max speeds what i have no use for is dpf's egr coolers and $3500 vgt turbos it's all junk