• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

More of big brother using technology

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Gov. David Paterson says face-recognition technology has led to 100 arrests in New York over six months, ranging from people trying to defraud insurance companies to a mob hit man who sought a new identity a day after he was released from prison.
Paterson says the new technology used by the Department of Motor Vehicles and 15 other states will soon be a national crime-fighting tool.
The system collects and stores 64 facial measurements from the 7,000 photos taken each day by the DMV. The data is compared with other DMV photos to check for duplicate licenses.
Paterson says Tuesday that process has also resulted in action against people banned from air travel trying to get new identities, deadbeat parents and others.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This just in. They found a match for Rusty. It was an old woman's butt and the characteristics matched his face!:w00t2:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
they are gettin close with the hair... :whistle:

checklist-robert-pattinson-nick-nolte-mugshot-demotivational-poster-1246915869.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like a good thing to me (on the surface at least). I have to wonder what the percentage for error is?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
NY seems to be big on scan technology. I don't know if it is a good sales job by the companies or cutting edge tech. The license plate scanners sure do catch a lot of folks for plate or insurance expired. Next they will scan you when they pull you over!:hammer: