• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

cooking bacon

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
$15,000 bacon cooker if that AR with a giggle switch is legal. 10 years in Leavenworth if it isn't. Only a fool would post a video like that.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think that particular variation of an AR 15 was around long enough ago to be legitamately a legal class III M16. Colt didn't make that one, and I don't think any others can be legally owned outside of law enforcement use.

But hey I live in Iowa and there is NO provisions for private class III here at all, no exceptions. So, there could be exceptions I am not aware of....

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't think that particular variation of an AR 15 was around long enough ago to be legitamately a legal class III M16. Colt didn't make that one, and I don't think any others can be legally owned outside of law enforcement use.

But hey I live in Iowa and there is NO provisions for private class III here at all, no exceptions. So, there could be exceptions I am not aware of....

Regards, Kirk

Now that I think about it, you are correct. No way that is pre 1986, which makes it very likely that is an illegal firearm to be in possession of.

Idiots for posting that, pure and simple.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I couldn't remember... So 1986 is when the door closed for any new class III arms?

What we really need is another amnesty period like we had in 1968. There is a real need with the WWII vets we are rapidly loosing. Some of them brought things home that are now contraband. If there were another one for these historic artifacts it would do alot of good for some folks. It would bring the costs of owning a class III down, as more would be on the market for sale...

But of course this would make way too much sence...

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I couldn't remember... So 1986 is when the door closed for any new class III arms?

What we really need is another amnesty period like we had in 1968. There is a real need with the WWII vets we are rapidly loosing. Some of them brought things home that are now contraband. If there were another one for these historic artifacts it would do alot of good for some folks. It would bring the costs of owning a class III down, as more would be on the market for sale...

But of course this would make way too much sence...

Regards, Kirk

Yup, 1986 is the magic year. However, turns out there are some exceptions as you wondered about. Seems about a half dozen or so states, Montana and Arizona being two of them, have passed legislation that states firearms of all types made in said state, sold to state citizens only and never leave the state are exempt from Federal law. This is based on the premise that all this would not come under the umbrella of interstate commerce, thereby the Feds have no jurisdiction. Could be the case here I suppose.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guessing it was in a state that allows full-auto.

I don't think this matters at all. Since 1986 there are no more full auto's being alowed in private hands, ala Federal regulations. This AR was made long after 1986. To be legal, outside of the military or police, it is way to new. Only Colt made guns of the AR type were availible pre 1986...

I suppose TR's exemption could apply, but I am not aware of that.. States rights rarely trump Federal reg's though..

There is a very finite supply of private class III guns. No more are being alowed, ever.... Hence the price of an M16 is around $15K or more.

Unless these guys are law enforcement officers, and I doubt they are cooking bacon on a barrel, I think they could see time in club fed for this You Tube....

Regards, Kirk