• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How many injuries or major sickness' have you had?

Cali2Idaho

Starting to get old and my old injuries have been acting up.
Just wondering what kind of injuries or major sickness' everyone has had through their lives.
Here is my list.
Broken L arm 8 years old - dirt bike
Broken collar bone- 20 yrs old - dirt bike
Damaged rotator cup shoulder 21 yrs old - ATV
Ruptured disc lower back 27 yrs old - snowboarding
carpel tunnel both hands 30 yrs old- framing/plumbing
GERD acid reflux disease 33 yrs old- sickness
Broken finger 35 yrs old - Plumbing
Pneumonia 2 times, various cuts and sprains, smashed fingers and toes, lifted nails etc.
What has happened to you?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I've made it to 60 with 1 broken bone in my hand, and can't hold a candle to your action packed life. I guess I'll have a pretty boring retirement, aches and pains wise, compared to you. I have no regrets, as I'm sure you don't either.

Trakternut

Sprained toe, smashed hand, some brain damage :doh:
Nothing life threatening.... well, there was that one jealous husband.........:hide:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Never broken a bone (toes and ribs don't count)
Hernia in 4th grade.
Ulcer (gone away since I quit taking NSAIDS)

Plenty of brain cells killed. :beer:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Meningitis at age 4.
Polio at age 6.
Face crushed in a tractor accident leading to hundreds of operations, loose of both eyes for 2 years only to regain the sight in the right and losing the left the following year completely. I also spent 3 years in Duke University Hospital. Oh and almost forgot I also lost all of my teeth, sense of smell but could hear grass growing.
Broken collar left collar bone twice in my life.
Shot through left arm and cut with a very big knife from right hip to left leg skipping the good stuff due to a heavy belt including 38 clamps to put me together again.
Broken ribs, fingers, left leg, concussions and both hands through out the years as well as Pneumonia and childhood illness such as mumps, measles, chickenpox etc.
I'm better at predicting the weather than the meteorologist are now and not to mention major health problem currently getting me such as cancer. But then hell who wants to live forever and 64 and have live more than most could do in three life times. So now all I can say is life was a blast and am looking forward to what follows if anything. :mellow:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Frostbite bad enough at 14 to lose all my toenails at the same time.
Electrocuted in a sewer pit at 19.
Severe head trauma with broken eye sockets and upper jaw reattached at 38.
Broken hand from punching through a 1" T&G plank door at 41.
Heart attack with 2 stents at 52.
14 more heat attacks, 7 more stents and 26 days on life support plus ICD at 54.
Torn rotator cuff at 57.
Married for 34 years has led to mental instability!:yum::yum::yum:

fuzznutz

well lets see the only major injuries i'v had are:
torn cartillage in rt knee age 13- car accident/youthful stupidity
fractured ankle age 25- youthful stupidity combined with climbing a tree
broken nose age 21- fist fight with religous nut college room mate.
now i'm 28 and facing more knee surgury for torn cartillage in my left knee as well as my right knee again
oh and lower back issues due to my job/ extreme physical activity (lifting things that i shouldn't have lifted like the 2 foot diameter four foot long sections of tree trunk)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Scarlet fever when I was 5, that left me with a heart murmur.

Juvenile phlebitis when I was 10. 2 weeks in the hospital.

Open head wound, broken ribs, lacerated elbow, fractured foot, front teeth bashed out in a '94 car crash.

Chronic pancreatitis that lead to having emergency surgery for acute cholecystitis (last March)

Those are the only things, unless you count the other two foot fractures from falling off horses, and having my tonsils out when I was 5.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Scarlet fever when I was 5, that left me with a heart murmur.

Can I listen to your heart murmur. :yum::yum::yum:

I though that I was a pretty beat up ol' dude until I saw what ails some of you guys.

I played a lot of sports until I was 30 years old so lots of the usual cuts, bruises, torn ligaments, muscles and one Achilles tendon as well as miscellaneous broken and chipped bones.

As a kid I had pneumonia (twice) and measles.

Oh yea, I blew my hand up with a firework when I was 8-years old.

Also had a 4" cut and scar on my left hand from grabbing a knife while using the right hand to beat the shit out of some guy. I'd better mention that I broke the knuckles and bones in my right hand at the same time.

As an adult, it hasn't been too bad. I had an ulcer when working in Nigeria from taking that damned anti-malarial medicine.

Blew my back out lifting a rear tractor tire into the back of a pick-up and still live with the results of that.

I still pull or strain the occasional muscle (or my back) from thinking that I am Superman. Getting older doesn't necessarily make you smarter.

Ran the middle finger of my left hand through a bandsaw lengthwise. Cut it back about an inch. Wasn't too bad. Bled a lot.

I've got all the usual old man diseases, high cholesterol, mild diabetes and elevated blood pressure. All are well under control.

Damn, I could live forever. Now that would really piss off my wife. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Can I listen to your heart murmur. :yum::yum::yum:
It comes and goes.
Sometimes I can hear it, other times not.
No biggie. The only thing I have to worry about is prophylaxis whenever I get my teeth cleaned or anything else that could be considered invasive in the least.
I might mention that my back isn't the best after all these years of nursing and improper moving and handling of people.:doh:

For a beat up old dude with such a history, I think you ain't doin' half bad Frankie. :biggrin:

mak2

Multiple fractures left hand
Lac from chin to throat
Asthmatic as a child
had pneumonia once
Rib fx x 2
Pretty healthy old guy I reckon.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tonsils’
Broken finger
Cut patellar tendon / blunt force trauma to the knee / blunt force trauma and laceration of the abdomen all at one time
broken wrist
a couple of broken ribs
torn Anterior cruciate ligament
shredded meniscus
and the regular aches and pains of a +50 year old.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In summary,

over 4000 kidney stones
over 40 broken bones (all as an adult?!?!)

nice rides in medical helicopters.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The latter (a walking gravel pit).

I have what's called Cystinura so I get them all the time. First stones started when I was 6 years old. I average almost one a day.

SShepherd

not as many as you crazy folks

I've had pnumonia 6 times as a child, 2 or 3 as an adult.
broken knuckle from breaking a 2x4
Stabbed in a barfight
Broke 4 bones and an avulsion fracture in my right foot
fractured ankle

lol, I think I was knocked out once as a kid after running flatout and hitting the center of a steel door frame

SShepherd

The latter (a walking gravel pit).

I have what's called Cystinura so I get them all the time. First stones started when I was 6 years old. I average almost one a day.

holy crap!

looks like were gonna have to start callin you "stoney"

or maybe "scattergun"

:yum:

mosi

Banned
not as many as you crazy folks

I've had pnumonia 6 times as a child, 2 or 3 as an adult.
broken knuckle from breaking a 2x4
Stabbed in a barfight
Broke 4 bones and an avulsion fracture in my right foot
fractured ankle

:yum:lol, I think I was knocked out once as a kid after running flatout and hitting the center of a steel door frame:yum:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You might want to think about adding LASIK eye surgery to the list!!!:whistling::clap:

SShepherd

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You might want to think about adding LASIK eye surgery to the list!!!:whistling::clap:

lol, i was in 1st grade in a new school. Who puts a stupid post in the middle of 2 doors:doh:

norscaner

OK I thought you fellas ment other than just hockey injuries......if you know a Cdn kid with all his own teeth he probably took up figure skating. lol:yum: look at Groomer Dude :glare:

Tonsils’
Broken finger
Cut patellar tendon / blunt force trauma to the knee / blunt force trauma and laceration of the abdomen all at one time
broken wrist
a couple of broken ribs
torn Anterior cruciate ligament
shredded meniscus
and the regular aches and pains of a +50 year old.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK I thought you fellas ment other than just hockey injuries......if you know a Cdn kid with all his own teeth he probably took up figure skating. lol:yum: look at Groomer Dude :glare:

#3 Lets say you shouldn't cut a drum with a torch,

#4 try and set a tire bead without being mounted on something or in a cage

#5 and start snow boarding at 45!

#6 & #7 slip in some grease at work (2X)

senior moment I forgot the lasik and asthma and allergies:yum:

tom

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow I've been lucky it seems.

Never broke a bone. (but crashed plenty on mini bikes and motorcycles)

Sickness:
Got an intestinal infection in the 80's. Didn't believe in doctors, so I went 2 weeks with all intake going out as diarrhea. After 2 weeks got dehydrated so bad I was passing in and out of conscience. The IV put in me felt like a shot of energy - that i felt run up my arm and into my body.

In 2005, got a fever and a cough so bad I couldn't breath. Finally went to the doctor. Since i don't believe in doctors, I went to who ever. Well this numb nuts checked me over - took x-rays - looked at them and said: "you don't have phenomena." Sent me home. That night i spent on the couch with the cordless phone in hand ready to call 911. I coughed so bad i could not catch my breath. My lungs were clearly filled with liquid. I did manage to finally fall asleep for a couple of hours. Then I was woken to the phone ringing.. and it was my doctor telling me he got a second opinion on my x-rays... "you have double phenomena."