• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hows about a new fun game in investing??

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
WE WILL ALL BE LOSERS!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8gJSMoOJc"]YouTube - The Day the Dollar Died[/ame]

tom

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My shares in FNMA fell 1 cent but when you have 285, 714 of them, that means I lost $2857.14. It's going to be a long year. :neutral:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
bragging rights for sure. There are many months left. I predict a huge gain on my part.:whistling:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• Stocks 2010-12-01.png
    Stocks 2010-12-01.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 194

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey doodlebug, how about getting me on that spreadsheet thingie of yours!!!! :biggrin: It'll save me effort and you know that I'm a lazy bugger.

I updated the spreadsheet. I hadn't even seen that you had an entry....next time don't reply so late!

Oh, and you're still losing money. :poke:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I know I,m late on this , but this would be my choice . RCL - Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE) .

Well the OP was taking the 100K and investing it.
Then seeing who was ahead in 6 months. You just took your time using it:) DaveNay could you add CB to the spread sheet?. :unsure:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I want an * next to Cowboy's name if he wins. Joining in late has to come with some caveats and the market is waaaayyy different now.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Well the OP was taking the 100K and investing it.
Then seeing who was ahead in 6 months. You just took your time using it:) DaveNay could you add CB to the spread sheet?. :unsure:

Added 2429 shares of RCL @ $41.17 for Cowboy.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I want an * next to Cowboy's name if he wins. Joining in late has to come with some caveats and the market is waaaayyy different now.

Fair enough. If CB wins, which I highly doubt. He will win with a * than means he came in late.
The rest that were in from the beginning really win.

WHAT DO YOU WIN?

Nothing but the acknowledgment that if given the opportunity to invest 100K = perhaps as a for hire consultant, you knew what you were doing. And of course: Bragging rights!!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Added 2429 shares of RCL @ $41.17 for Cowboy.

Thanks Dave .

Fair enough. If CB wins, which I highly doubt. He will win with a * than means he came in late.
The rest that were in from the beginning really win.

WHAT DO YOU WIN?

Nothing but the acknowledgment that if given the opportunity to invest 100K = perhaps as a for hire consultant, you knew what you were doing. And of course: Bragging rights!!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Yep fair enough Tom , I wont lose unless it falls below 29.43 though :wink:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Damn Frank! $14K gain today. What'd you do? Refinance your hillbilly shack? :yum:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Watch Frank ace this thing. It's too early to tell. And Ironman has been skating along on a frozen waterfall.:yum::yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I am down about a zillion dollars but my pick pays a great monthly dividend so I may be up ! I need a drink to figure this one out.:sad:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I am down about a zillion dollars but my pick pays a great monthly dividend so I may be up ! I need a drink to figure this one out.:sad:

Just go to the spreadsheet Al. (I don't think dividends count for this game....at least tsaw didn't mention them.)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh That is just great ! I go for the monthly dividends to get by in my old age and you young bastards shoot me in the foot .:w00t2:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Just go to the spreadsheet Al. (I don't think dividends count for this game....at least tsaw didn't mention them.)

I never thought of dividends. My thoughts were that if you picked a real winner.. that would be so little - why count it? LOL

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I never thought of dividends. My thoughts were that if you picked a real winner.. that would be so little - why count it? LOL

Mmmmmmm.....not true. BigAl's investment is currently paying around 5% annually in dividends, so that is not insignificant.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine is up $247 for the day. That means at least 5 of us bought some Charmin...

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just saw this today
although it was from 2008 it still sounds on the mark

http://dividendpirate.com/2008/09/30/investment-advice-drink-beer/

If you had purchased $1,000 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago, you would have $49 left…

——————————————————————————————————————–
With Fannie Mae, you would have $2.50 left of the original $1,000.

With AIG, you would have less than $15 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214 cash.

tom