• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What does your kitchen look like?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
At last my kitchen is nearly finished, just a couple of small things to do, but I thought you might like to see it. Note Timba's toy box by the chair under the window. In the second picture, the strange long grey item is a skein of handspun wool waiting for me to wash it and the black covered item near the wall is my gas barbecue (doesn't everyone keep them in the kitchen?!!). The third picture is slightly out of date as I have hung a utensil rack to the left of the cooker and things have changed round a bit, but it gives you some idea.

Attachments

• house 003.jpg
    house 003.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 129
  • house 005.jpg
    house 005.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Antiques at Pendre etc 3 011.jpg
    Antiques at Pendre etc 3 011.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 128

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anita, it thought it was pretty much done when I stopped by in July.

BTW, I think it looks very good!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anita,

It does look good. One thing I notice is no range hood/exhaust fan over the stove? Is that common to not have hoods over there?

murph

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice. My wife in particular would love the blue tile. :thumb:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Computer Rendering of our kitchen. Very accurate to the finished product.

Attachments

• Wenning kitchen3 3-2-06.jpg
    Wenning kitchen3 3-2-06.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Wenning kitchen2.jpg
    Wenning kitchen2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Wenning kitchen3.jpg
    Wenning kitchen3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 103

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thcri, I could have had a hood over my cooker, but I felt it was not necessary. The kitchen is fairly large and I have windows at both ends and a door to the outside and I haven't needed one. I have a hood over my cooker in the caravan, but I rarely use it. I am so glad that everyone seems to like my kitchen. I would like to see what your kitchens look like. Av how about your finished kitchen, the computer rendering looks good, is it installed yet?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
These are the only pictures of our kitchen I could quickly find. This is how it looked day we went to see the house before buying. You would have thought they'd have straightened up a bit more. What you can't see much of in the first picture is the island counter on the left. It also has a eating bar top with chairs and stools around the back and sides. We can seat five people there. You can see a little more of it in the second picture. There is also a built in desk in the second picture too.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 94
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 93

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't believe Sushi isn't all over this thread, :rolleyes:

I haven't seen mine in a while, but it looked like this...

Attachments

• kitchen2.jpg
    kitchen2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 89
  • kitchen1.jpg
    kitchen1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 89

AndyM

Charter Member
Very nice!

This kitchen could be yours... I'm taking offers! :tongue:

Attachments

• IM000478.jpg
    IM000478.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 85

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow, lovely kitchens everyone. It is good to see how everyone lives, as I shall probably never meet most of you.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Time to add some life to an old thread. Here's a few pics of my kitchen and dining area on the main floor. I just finished repainting the blue in the kitchen yesterday. It was a darker shade of blue before in the kitchen area and a lighter shade in the back entrance. The fridge and stove are new. I picked up the fridge second hand a couple weeks ago in the city for a good price. The stove just came in yesterday. I had to do a little plaster work to the arches to smooth them out. Whoever did them the first time didn't do the best job. They look good now.

1. Looking towards the kitchen from the back entrance. This is also the stairway to get downstairs.

2. Main eating area. The table opens up with a built in center leaf.

3. Kitchen.

4&5. Dining room. Yes, that's solid mahogany! My in-laws bought the set including the china cabinet 32yrs ago. We kinda inherited it when they moved into a smaller place. The table has two leafs that can be added to extend it. We had 12 people sitting around it at christmas a couple years ago and another 7 kids around the table in the kitchen.

6. Looking towards the back entrance from the dining room.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 46

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Your home looks lovely, I particularly like the big cabinet in the dining area. Thought you might like to see my dining room, I don't use it very often though, I eat on a tray in my studio so Timba can come with me!

Attachments

• Four Winds 1 005.jpg
    Four Winds 1 005.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 28
  • Four Winds 1 006.jpg
    Four Winds 1 006.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 28

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice. How old is that set?

Well when we went over and visited with Anita she was casually telling the ages of some of her furniture. Seems like half the stuff in her home pre-dates the American revolution (1776) when we told King George to leave the colonies alone!