• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sony Mavica camera

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess this is the right place to post about cameras.

Not wanting to be called a traitor for not posting here first, does anyone have this camera or know anything about it?

I'm having a problem with mine. Although I can't find the manual, through some info I found on the internet, it has a 3 minute shut-off. I'm guessing it's supposed to be 3 minutes of inactivity but mine does it regardless. Not a big issue except for the fact the dang thing won't come back on until/unless I plug it into the charger.

Any ideas/thoughts?
Brian

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I have that model camera. A Mavica FD91 to be exact. Mine did the same thing when the battery was worn out beyond keeping a charge. You can buy generic batteries for it or replace with a new one from Sony. They are great cameras for my purpose of eBay auctions. Fast and easy to use.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Junk,

I have heard it was probably the battery but since the battery indicator was still reading 90+ minutes, I wanted to check before buying a new one.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I make no guarantees... If it is indicating 90 minutes, then give it a full charge and see if the meter goes up in time. It might also be another problem. Call Sony and see what they might say. Most times, they will know the answer and the cost of repair at their fingertips. Today, they are throw away cameras since cost of repair is expensive and replacement is cheap. I bought a replacement when mine went bad. It was $135 on eBay and repair was over $200. There was a good site for questions, but when I went there a few minutes ago, I got the dreaded.... "cannot find server"... :( Guess that it got old and quickly died...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to try a battery.
I was at Best Buy last night and they said to give it a try. If the battery doesn't fix it, return the battery and get your money back, then either scrap it or send off for service.
Can't loose anything by giving it a try.