• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence, days before prison term set to begin

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-trump-expected-commute-roger-stone-sentence

Extra extra!
Read all about it!
---------------

In a lengthy statement released late Friday, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president had made the decision to commute Stone's sentence "in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial."

“Roger Stone is a victim of the Russia Hoax that the Left and its allies in the media perpetuated for years in an attempt to undermine the Trump Presidency,” McEnany said in a statement Friday night. “There was never any collusion between the Trump Campaign, or the Trump Administration, with Russia. Such collusion was never anything other than a fantasy of partisans unable to accept the result of the 2016 election. The collusion delusion spawned endless and farcical investigations, conducted at great taxpayer expense, looking for evidence that did not exist.”

McEnany added that Mueller’s office “resorted to process-based charges leveled at high-profile people in an attempt to manufacture the false impression of criminality lurking below the surface.”

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the FACTS are that Trump knows better than anyone else if Stone is guilty of any wrong doing.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is actually quite brave and unique for the President to do this now. He could have waited and like all previous Presidents, done the deed after the election. Instead he did it before voters made their choice. So instead, like so many end of term Presidents, of being an act for which he would not be held accountable he has given the public the right to chose whether his was a good call to commute the sentence or not.

Keep in mind, Trump could have pardoned Stone. Making all of the court actions mute. Instead, Stone is still guilty as charged. So Stone, who was denied the right to speak publically about his innocence, can continue his appeals and be free to speak about his case in public.

A master stroke of political genius for Trump. And a chance for Stone to clear his name. If that is possible. After all, the entire case against him was predicated on a hoax.
The left and the press (but I repeat myself) can make of this whatever. At the end of it, Trump outsmarted them. Because the more they whine about it, the less credibility their arguments.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
No one has yet to explain why the FBI raided Stone's home like he was a domestic terrorist!!
Mike

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
No one has yet to explain why the FBI raided Stone's home like he was a domestic terrorist!!
Mike

There are definitely two narratives on that matter. I found a couple articles quoting former FBI agents that say it wasn’t out of norms and one so far that said it was, I’m sure there are more. Noise sure does cloud the message and makes it hard to figure out which ones are telling the truth. A lie by either side makes us have to chose which reality we are going to live in, I doubt either is entirely true.