• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi KT-4G / Jeep CJ5 cat

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thoughts

Came across this unit, brought it home.

Considering how much interest I had over the last few days since acquiring it, willing to let it go into a new good home.

Whats it worth?

condition report:

Floor rust, generally in good shape, parked about 5 years back due to a broken chain link in the OC4s drop box (driver's side). At time when parked, ran fine without any known issues.

I have not had any time yet to tinker with starting it, but seems like it wont take much to get it running.

tracks in good shape, rusty but belting is in good shape.

I've been told its one of 3 ever made, than came across another post where guy states that only 2 were ever produced...

So - what who says?!

xepR-dNfqEixhs44jEu4-cOguSrBFZHr7eduPD17ly9X_C2PSRJNpVidcR_GoYr5BaSRc85dzQbVbeib1vGgrl2QfoaHZIRe_GJzWyCUuAltXxCRbcu7nLhcBjUrIknRYjXj6DjnsxQpsQy-kecGVGke5XCxDUQyngKxjTkj4911y2ygNQDtoNTttPjXkwKHGdFVeae4h8FqJDYzMW91-CgsuGQHNtayPwa4VcS9g4Brhuo55EsBTujUSIl0wJYetvsGQ7di8a8EQx8mnMHmPN865Z2kXyfFyQ5UpnUwePe_6E11P44CD1o3-YHXlXCASgp0_wBStZD6sS8qfXzBhCddwJEZMPEF1hJ1-oW95oiqJNK7tIKOotT0khxgK7lDQAXaB7V-o2zVFc58jU8K1207xd-rMUsFdRkd68NgYLKsaVM6tvwQyheuFer58zS7sDtDi_9ltvGgU1Osxe7hbBLkbhKh2q4iLa7awlCx6IK_2PcD7yaPWPWQw4Fdil6TzEQxsBdyXWX3NPNPYmfvjBXmK71DnbxBUdkL9xobBdKfltaym_nNoWivKoPR_oPyZNjAV9ZHRfqgN0v0xEmaFmO3Sf57ffqDKS-_EyPSMTfsScFkFIG7zthcweR60vm91APqin0rOl3kkIsm1-TgpnM73uaeebGa7dcmkmk276zIdaqE8aKdAs4_GgnBNw=w1024-h768-no

fUAN8K0PvT14j132iqTfhJD8_Lg6Xri-z4EWGOMJ_reU3j1whO8e-gFIeWAsjE32p0DvYeJ62iAOLx6XvyV2OYGsxA4ljl60JwWg9DDSJYlYQTM3d7MAWz0D79UpunWcV6n7jNqgNXYrNmHnPzIBv1D4HHT4At-1zc9APKh8c5bOfT0SU8syBwYjWNVSlpbUh2r9IB-fcwCjXrhicvSaiOcGGnY3pdCUG4ELDEEenTSOoxpS6gc3CWzlyQdPAGBIwrwmSsWlCQjrPic7uF0mdszTd2SvNWH3rgtutoOgSyhCTtjZH2hclhScM-_2SLpvQXNCocnjDeAp49OdphubMn8pPbjUgTMPJxYZqTSxpP76nls7TGrjutHTI2nWfIxDdpFq2cZgINDtMcGNVABsYXUm8ZTKShE38Q4kn0lpHnJ764eds22bJaBBK3_7pi2cP_16z8IH2QTxAwyYU6lQPOBZFrBPC4NzZmlTwhGcjE2c1phw3aPk0ZBryxUWH4VGe8fufQou4JGf-HMnBceJOdqmvwOE93MYgQb4MoVX2ETjtXaI3TyouuMed_LfKBX_tKAqCj58vzdbubukG5-HHuo0j0aoaEwCNgW05_18pUQ4XIYUXksaW4tBfz0ZLRrqvEMkkka8BdHwNNOvBTKSbyywVVG97hYG6ibYAri9Yu9dSa3IAhaUTnVU8jcz6A=w1024-h768-no

XB7DKvmyRPT6TXEvNR0CH8ZDuP5hA3TeHaoaI8340E1BP1-2uuAMj0yEZ5uo455GNCDcmOdwRx7A6ESjS1RhAbNw9jIKf27_bUVRsCk3GFAAkeO9VAU45y55jR-_aTbvIxDL5j4ghaFVrJSWkNYaHZfNMEgXDQFJtGjrnyHKewdJVNR_fzEe-Itj42hBaaU4_96PB-hxFbMyHwIEj_VDzAfP2lgcjnx2pFWZmE2CSpWlYQD82Dd6LRf7JXmZrbSN0Vx10PirFX0C_pgzyUh3KenHskd9xJUAqxQLCS0aYKb749nNJCp9MatVf3Uqdowv8avEHMY41UKG5_7_gRdzFopxP8PxUNa3U-NIC9b9Lx2c6eKD_G3XZpZ2QG6dG7NWSOH_wn7dZ-Y8dqW532yxjfTk4HD8f_K4Bc_mR8DEFVG7sBCZzLariu-p2atmPO58iH6cTRbHcYBrJkiqsUBwhmEluym2BrmBbzx70WJrYVTSyIelf4wlVlP7ewWEJgBriwx6CENnOZtAuR6_rDie3lDxL0gYCxDc8WSQpQPzmaBI5Xj_E74tJ8bn7OMdbTkTxq8cbqomXXl6PJhOz_lq1Jtohs90NFNwBd2-_km6gd_bjhuppcsLmEZLvVZ_oU_XmcZvQalLqsrsS8K_DLEToN4iIL_TVn_KsqkTQvDz9wApmCc6dIX07XT3DQOvhQ=w1361-h766-no

0j0R62vi0Oe1qA95iUrcZxzmBxkZkpTsBnA_DCmSi0Ub5WYXWv8soyQg_SZuxLCsaoRmhen6_YRb0R1Jhw7KQBgybx5gfCYFtWlIvCEixiY_YYsamA27hb1uqggiHnFiAL97A8Reaw58ZY_kVoRbD9V-04EEb_f9y-DrSdq69OPVUq2l3_mQ3tL84VS_u-bCyZNG6I780DXCbgcN0HT_vr5C9Irz6cEzfX9dmbPdmTL7EUOa6VHxaiNHAoWfbYq40fOZ13sXkXxPSjK3a7ur4fUG-xcWt_40ewKdvpIVNjCJCSag59MFiidhjXLaIveMddtpX4pkjnmgbKMbfhqVmJLLoqM3FUSTTNOe7dC7EieTsmH1i4J5AvqqYdvB0wGc61We3mYRYdYLGZKtW-NLNPuidee7onWBjsarwSqjkXzduLrwcXY1gb4JQeTyy2aPvee7Mnjmf7wd3nARTetDQVj_foyrDNPkPke8EtYLahVDD-0NHNgK4fAxM5OrWLjdAim158f2tB9dCe0atjlx-yhgtOB2UM33MQfiBo1GshUMuh6GW9J9fcwxrNnkXZBO-rU403rvxEvApIFH9kJED70f-APJxYd-8wj_FbMhAKpDfNHNDHQGEWxKWuvw4R4wdHVhQgxnXU54RZwzyO8U895sP0vKQe0U5miOFq7yKmb8ajAHQdezT424Z9X3zg=w551-h1191-no

luvthemvws

There were pictures earlier. .
Maybe he's busy removing the engine to get the best value (just teasing).:smile:
If I didn't already have a couple Jeeps and a Kristi. Hmmmm...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool machine for sure!

And super rare to. Since it is based on widely used automotive parts, perhaps it would be easy to restore and maintain as well?.?.?

Nixon what is in there for a steering differential? Inquiring minds need to know lol....

For those into being unique and esoteric as well, I have this to say...

One trick pony this is! :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

PJL

Wow, restore that rig and it will be one of a kind!

Wonder where the other one (or 2) is.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, restore that rig and it will be one of a kind!

Wonder where the other one (or 2) is.

Seems like there is a pending offer, will see where it takes it.
this is one for the true Kristi collector.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kristi KT- 4G/Jeep CJ5Cat -

Another Great Find for Nickson.:thumbup::applause::thumbup:

Nikos

Its more of a rescue than a plan on restoring it;
I think piece of history as such deserves a loving home, and attention from someone who can provide.
With all of the cats along with other projects, I wont have time for it for another couple of years if not more, thus I'll be looking for a home for it in meantime.

May be just build one off scratch someday, in similar shape/manner :)

p.s. anyone reading this - I'm on a lookout for an OC12 rear end, similar to ones in 1450 Superimps, or 1500s, along with a set of grousers/tracks if possible to match the sprockets on the axles.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its more of a rescue than a plan on restoring it;
I think piece of history as such deserves a loving home, and attention from someone who can provide.
With all of the cats along with other projects, I wont have time for it for another couple of years if not more, thus I'll be looking for a home for it in meantime.

May be just build one off scratch someday, in similar shape/manner :)

p.s. anyone reading this - I'm on a lookout for an OC12 rear end, similar to ones in 1450 Superimps, or 1500s, along with a set of grousers/tracks if possible to match the sprockets on the axles.

My barter hat just fell of the shelf.

super imp project. currently a tub just like you like them
603 mercedes
4spd auto
new belting 1/3 installed. ( all new grade 5 hardware including crimp nuts)
foam filled tires
full bodied cab available ( includes cowl, and windshield frame )

Glad that hat did not land on my head.

Oh and an empty trailer is headed west before the end of June.

BTW I am mostly kidding but If I pull the motor and and set it along side or in the trunk of the extra benz that could be driven to oregon I have to believe you might be interested in discussing.

again I am pretty attached to the super imp.

(poking bear emoji here)

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My barter hat just fell of the shelf.

super imp project. currently a tub just like you like them
603 mercedes
4spd auto
new belting 1/3 installed. ( all new grade 5 hardware including crimp nuts)
foam filled tires
full bodied cab available ( includes cowl, and windshield frame )

Glad that hat did not land on my head.

Oh and an empty trailer is headed west before the end of June.

BTW I am mostly kidding but If I pull the motor and and set it along side or in the trunk of the extra benz that could be driven to oregon I have to believe you might be interested in discussing.

again I am pretty attached to the super imp.

(poking bear emoji here)

not sure what to say here... I would prefer to sell, rather than trade as need to shift budget in the different direction of wrapping up current projects and getting a proper tow truck setup. Having thoughts on repowering the Frandee along with couple other upgrade...

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
East coast people fleeing the cities headed north buying any boat, jetski, atv, sxs, sno cat or other toys they can get their hands on.

Wouldn't be surprised.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
East coast people fleeing the cities headed north buying any boat, jetski, atv, sxs, sno cat or other toys they can get their hands on.

Wouldn't be surprised.

No kidding. If you can do without any of those items for a little while, now is the time to get AT LEAST your investment cost back out of them. Crazy prices on wheelers.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Were infiltrated by "massholes" up here,and this covid crap has made it worse !!!:smileywac you cant even get out of my driveway ,without some foreign vehicle goig by(read any state other then N.H.). I will say the cristy/jeep is pretty cool.:smile:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Were infiltrated by "massholes" up here,and this covid crap has made it worse !!!:smileywac you cant even get out of my driveway ,without some foreign vehicle goig by(read any state other then N.H.). I will say the cristy/jeep is pretty cool.:smile:

we are living in unique times for sure...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
times are unique when you have a former snow trac owner being tempted to buy a krusty.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
times are unique when you have a former snow trac owner being tempted to buy a krusty.

Lets drink to change of times! Make an auction out of it... :) Still waiting to hear from the "highest bidder" :)

my thoughts to. that name on the front is like a warning. but if it is a collection and just parked that may change the game.

PNW special for JimVT :) Have Steve (your son) restore it :)

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So, I've posted Jeep cat on the Craigslist for $25k
Offers have come anywhere from $8500-$10500

Had an offer of $20k at the beginning, but now days people's lives change faster than kids diapers - oh, well... (makes me think guy made an offer not thinking it through)

So... I say $15k OBO, whoever comes in closest to that number within this week before smoke clears, can take it home!

I got to get my tow rig going for the upcoming winter if I was to attend all cool cat events...

DM me your offer!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
So, I've posted Jeep cat on the Craigslist for $25k
Offers have come anywhere from $8500-$10500

Had an offer of $20k at the beginning, but now days people's lives change faster than kids diapers - oh, well... (makes me think guy made an offer not thinking it through)

So... I say $15k OBO, whoever comes in closest to that number within this week before smoke clears, can take it home!

I got to get my tow rig going for the upcoming winter if I was to attend all cool cat events...

DM me your offer!

will you be absolutely selling it to highest bidder?

what is cut off time to place a bid ?

and will the bids be reviewed by an outside independent CPA?

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
will you be absolutely selling it to highest bidder?

what is cut off time to place a bid ?

and will the bids be reviewed by an outside independent CPA?

You want it? Make an offer!
Anyone wanting to post their offer in the open here - are welcome to do so, I got nothing to hide, you know the asking price.