• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Covid camping

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a brilliant idea to give the boys a change of scenery. I’m going to set the camper up down by the wetlands on our property. They officially won’t be going back to school this year so other than the online crap, it’s summer! I’ll add a picture of the site once we get there. The site is about 75’ lower and 1000’ down the driveway. Just a quick clean and load up some bedding and good to go Anyone else have camping plans?

Attachments

• C3A4693C-590A-49D5-BEF6-A60C2362E1D9.jpg
    C3A4693C-590A-49D5-BEF6-A60C2362E1D9.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 221

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Love that stretch Excursion! That thing must be a beast to turn around in tight spaces.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dayum. We need something like that considering we squeeze 8 people and 3 dogs into our expedition pulling the camper.

No camping for us yet. I do want to haul ours home from the seasonal site since all camping in Ontario is prohibited because of the virus. We plan on setting up the smaller tent trailer for the kids to sleep in.

School hasn't officially been called yet but they announced that it is on hold until june 1st. Yah, see you in September. Ours are doing homeschooling every day.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Love that stretch Excursion! That thing must be a beast to turn around in tight spaces.

It’s not as bad as you’d think. Same wheel base as a crew cab long box.

Dayum. We need something like that considering we squeeze 8 people and 3 dogs into our expedition pulling the camper.

No camping for us yet. I do want to haul ours home from the seasonal site since all camping in Ontario is prohibited because of the virus. We plan on setting up the smaller tent trailer for the kids to sleep in.

School hasn't officially been called yet but they announced that it is on hold until june 1st. Yah, see you in September. Ours are doing homeschooling every day.

We do a lot of road trips between NY and WI with 4 boys and now we are up to 4 dogs- the extra room is nice.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else have camping plans?

We did!

At the end of March we always go down to Fredericksburg in the Texas Hill Country for a couple of weeks to eat German food and drink good beer. Oh!, the official reason is to see the spring wildflowers.

May and early June we camp at places within 8 hours of the house and stay for up to a week. We spend 2 or 3 weeks doing that.

At the end of August and well in to September we always go to Durango, Colorado or around there for 4 to 6 weeks. Last year we ended up going to Red River in northern New Mexico looking for some cooler weather. It doesn't look as if it will happen this year but I'm still hoping.

In the fall we usually head back down to Fredericksburg for a week or two. We could be in phase 2 of the pandemic by then.

For Christmas and New Years we head to Fort Yargo State Park in Georgia to spend time with family who live around there or who come in for the holidays. Again, it's all up in the air.

I've got this motorhome sitting in the driveway and it may not go anywhere for over a year. What a waste.

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My son and his friends all finished Boy Scouts last year (turned 18).
Once this virus thing calms down and the temps warm up, they're going to do some camping in our woods. It's almost a quarter mile behind the house with no utilities of any sort so it'll be tent camping.

BTW - I see you're in Lima. I know the area well. One of my sisters lives in Canandaigua. I grew up in the farmland south of Buffalo.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I miss scouts. We had several camps and fundraisers planned for the spring. All that is now canceled until September. We were pretty much the last scouts out on a camp in Canada when the order came to shut it down.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
My son and his friends all finished Boy Scouts last year (turned 18).
Once this virus thing calms down and the temps warm up, they're going to do some camping in our woods. It's almost a quarter mile behind the house with no utilities of any sort so it'll be tent camping.

BTW - I see you're in Lima. I know the area well. One of my sisters lives in Canandaigua. I grew up in the farmland south of Buffalo.

No kidding, small world. Canadiagua (can an day gwa if anyone is trying to figure that one out) is about 15 miles over the horizon. No tent camping here, they have power and heat. I think just the younger ones are sleeping in there tonight, mine are 14,12,10,8. I had to park there because it’s still pretty soft where I wanted to put it, lots of rain lately

Where are you located now?

Attachments

• 3F145C94-13FA-49DE-BD27-19BE5E825005.jpg
    3F145C94-13FA-49DE-BD27-19BE5E825005.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 209

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you are a professional!

Nah! Just a talented amateur. We got in to it in a small way about 12-years ago and it kind of escalated. I like it a lot more than my wife but she's "accommodating". In other words she puts up with me.

austonte

Nice rims on your hauler. It looks similar to the Touren truck rims that I was checking out earlier on 4wheelonline.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've got this motorhome sitting in the driveway and it may not go anywhere for over a year. What a waste.

Well, it's still sitting in the driveway and it's been 18 months. Life keeps conspiring against me. We were going down to Fredericksburg this spring as usual. I started getting it ready at the end of February and there were some strange things happening electrically. I had to wait a month to get it into the dealer at the very end of March. They determined that a board had gone bad on the inverter/converter and it wasn't putting out 12 volts. Then, for the next two months they spent hunting for a spare unit and there wasn't one to be found. The manufacturer had been shut down because of COVID and was just starting up again with a skeleton staff as almost 2/3 of their employees showed no inclination to go back to work. They had no inventory in stock. Eventually, after checking all the warehouses in the country, they found one on the shelf up in the north-east somewhere. Had it sent down and installed and the MH worked great. After 108 days we were ready but it was too hot to go to Fredericksburg so we decided to wait and take our usual long trip to Colorado and northern New Mexico in August. Some freekin' hope. My wife has two bad knees and she started to have a real problem with one of them in June. She can't really get around without a walker at present. She has an appointment to see the surgeon in a week and that'll probably lead to an operation and then rehab. That should take care of planned trip in August. Maybe we can get down to the Hill Country in the fall but somehow I doubt it. Even if her knee is good by that time, that Freightliner cab on the MH is a long way up.

Honestly, I think that I'll just buy a tent and camp out in the front yard with the dogs.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In the current situation I am very thankful that the covid is going to be gone ...
Sadly it is not gone. People just don't care anymore. And as it has mutated into a form that is less serious, people really don't need to worry about it as much as the original form of Covid. In the Veterans Home near my house almost 2 dozen new cases showed up yesterday. The staff wears N95 masks and face shields. It is suspected that a visitor brought it into the care facility.