• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

cat creepin

KT3survivor

saw this clean LMC in downtown grand junction tonight. so the obvious thing to do was pull in the lot and take pictures like some sort of wierdo. its ok, I know you all do it to. might as well have a random sighting thread for such things.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Same here! Have turned around and chased snowcats down the highway for a better look several times. That looks like a very nice LMC.

KT3survivor

at first this sort of activity seemed to annoy my wife. . but now she is all for it. sometimes we make detours in small mountain towns just to cruise down side streets and see whats hiding :hide:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the key to not annoying the spouse, is to not cross paths with the owner...... Its like a met my: "long lost brother from another mother" Gab Gab Gab.....

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I talked to the owner this summer, he at that point had no idea what he had. Nice guy , cat has been sitting in dirt for quite awhile and tracks were seized up it has the slant six engine if i remember correctly. He was using it as a way to bring in business , cool place he has there. Just about anything you can think of!

KT3survivor

sadly the antique store with the 443 wont be open again untill june so I wasnt able to get up close and personal with it.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I made the guy an offer last year on that Cat but he was not interested in selling. It is in really rough shape. They used a forklift to move it around. Based on the emblems on the door it once belonged to the Copper Mountain Ski Area. Also think a local utility coop owned it for awhile as well. 1970 model based on the dash plate with a slant six in it.

KT3survivor

I made the guy an offer last year on that Cat but he was not interested in selling. It is in really rough shape. They used a forklift to move it around. Based on the emblems on the door it once belonged to the Copper Mountain Ski Area. Also think a local utility coop owned it for awhile as well. 1970 model based on the dash plate with a slant six in it.

bummer he wont sell. it would be cool to restore a former ski area machine.

PJL

Saw this Tucker rolling through Maple Valley this afternoon. Later reported to be headed east on SR 410. Had secret guvmint plates on the cat, trailer and tow rig. Had to be sneaky with the pics lest the unmarked black helicopters showed up.

Attachments

• IMG_3479.jpg
    IMG_3479.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 328

mikemikelle

I see your secret government stash.........and raise you 3 more!!

Check the fuel capacity...what's the psi on those babies? I think the black helicopters land on top.

This is my secret Washington state dream patch; not gonna tell anybody where, and hope they come up for auction before I'm 90!

Attachments

• 20140414_083106.jpg
    20140414_083106.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 20140414_083111.jpg
    20140414_083111.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like the alum. side panels are hinged & would lay out flat? Correct? What's on top of the engine cover and why solid panel doors for the extended cab?

tatman

SUPER Site Supporter
I hear the gov. trades out there tracks every two years no matter how many miles on them. I would like to find out where they sell the take offs.

KT3survivor

if you park ontop of aspen mountain, prepare to get creeped on. . . by me :w00t::w00t:

Attachments

• 20181202_104655.jpg
    20181202_104655.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 20190205_082721.jpg
    20190205_082721.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 201

KT3survivor

the head of cat operations on the mountain showed me pics of a silver snowtrac in newcastle, then this showed up on little annies road this season.

Attachments

• IMG_20200604_203033.jpg
    IMG_20200604_203033.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 137