• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BRIGHT Green Tucker with Flames???

olympicorange

....... so, ''de-buzzed'' the ''Digger'' ,... even had one under the hood since last start. pumped the gas twice , and hit the key.... ''purrs'' ,.... no smoke... hoping to get some time for more inspections.... have to work on the Algae equipment; for Lake Tucker first ...... being responsible is highly over rated....

Snowy Rivers

Yes indeed....the nasty little Jackets are certainly a annoyance....

Looking at the post with the outfit slid off the road brings back some scary moments....

Back in my Trucking days running a Class 8 Heavy haul transfer I can relate to hanging iron before you need it.

Had a run from Salem Oregon to Parkdale Oregon in the winter.
Had 33 tons of a special sand on board for a Gypcrete flooring outfit.

Started snowing way before I got to the job in Parkdale.

Loaded up at 105,500# things were pretty good going up all the grades, even the 6% stuff...

I had the interlocks in and used the air lockers off and on just to make sure....

After unloading and getting ready to head back down the mountain things got real spooky.

Hung a set of 3 railers on the rear drivers, a set of singles back on axle 8 and a single up on the drivers side steer...

Even with this done it was at least an 8 on the pucker scale at times.

Once back down to I 84 all was good and dropped the iron.

Biggest worry was keeping that long azz trailer back where it belonged

Trailer is 50' from the pintle hook to the tail lights and the outfit is 75' OAL

Definitely an adrenaline junky on that trip.....running empty is not pleasant with that rig on the slippery stuff

I have had the trailer come around a few times, but always managed to grab trailer brakes and get it back where it belonged......

Ahhhh yessss...the good old days.

Attachments

• TRANSFER5.JPG
    TRANSFER5.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 161
  • TRANSFER1.JPG
    TRANSFER1.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 161
  • WSTFR2.jpg
    WSTFR2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 157