• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

President Barack Obama takes debt battle to Twitter, loses more than 40,000 followers

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats gota be a kick in the butt to the old EGO . :yum:

alg_obama_0729.jpg
Martin H. Simon/Pool
During this speech Friday, President Obama asked American to email, call, and tweet GOP Congressional leaders, and ask them to support a bipartisan debt solution.

Take our Poll

Obama's grassroots debt campaign

Do you think Obama's urging voters to contact Congress will spur a debt solution?
Yes. Elected officials will have to listen.No. Politicians will tune out the tweets, emails, and calls.I'm not sure.

Related News

President Obama brought his debt battle to Twitter and he lost – more than 40,000 Twitter followers.

Obama asked Americans Friday to call, email, and tweet Congressional leaders to “keep the pressure on” lawmakers in hopes of reaching a bipartisan deal to raise the nation’s $14.3 trillion debt limit ahead of an Aug. 2 deadline.

Obama’s campaign staff used the @BarackObama Twitter account to post the Twitter handles of tweeting GOP leaders – state by state, tweet by tweet.

“Tweet at your Republican legislators and urge them to support a bipartisan compromise to the debt crisis,” Obama’s campaign staff wrote on his account before launching the day-long Twitter campaign.
The campaign appears to have served its purpose: Republican Twitter accounts were flooded with pleas for compromise.

Not everyone is a fan of the presidential spam. By Friday evening, the President had lost more than 40,000 Twitter followers - and counting.
Many members of the Twitterati took to the social media platform to voice their annoyance over the barrage of partisan tweets. A search for “@BarackObama unfollow” turned up scores of irritated posts.

“Honestly, @BarackObama, I’m going to have to unfollow you if you don’t stop filing up my Twitter inbox soon,” tweeted Bostonian @melisthreadgill, a self-described “Progressive activist”.

“Can’t believe I had to unfollow @BarackObama for spamming Twitter. Really, really strange behavior,” wrote @Arevill inConnecticut.

“I want to unfollow @BarackObama but his desperation is too entertaining,” tweeted @rdpatrick of Lavonia, Georgia.

While his follower number appears to have taken its biggest dive in recent memory, Obama’s Twitter account still had a whopping 9,362,880 followers at 7:30pm Friday night, down from 9,402,898 Friday morning - and he's still the third-most followed person on the planet.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw this story.

Couldn't help but laugh!!!

This man has really lost touch.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
What a waste of people's time. 9 million people follow this moron? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Most of them are probably on the gubmit teet somehow. Tweet, shmeet!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This really needs to be put in perspective, 40K is insignificant IMO. You all know how sensitive and easily upset liberals get, I mean it does equate to spam. Although it pains me it isn't much more, this is lint on the jacket ..... :glare:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
The Liar in Chief is just that, he scares the elderly that they are going to lose their SS and Medicare, when in fact that was never an issue... at least now.

The guy is scum, just a sack of lies. He has no plan but to raise taxes, the raising the debt ceiling will do nothing but put us past the next elections and then hell will break loose he thinks where he can "save us"... I think that is only a matter of months now.

The Credit ratings were already lowered last week and nobody noticed... They aren't concerned on how much more money we can print, they are concerned over how much money we already owe. Cutting spending in a real manner is the only think that is going to work. Start getting rid of pork, mainly the guys in Washington, we already have state governments that can take up the slack.

Things just don't look good long term with these clowns in office.... not at all!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
This really needs to be put in perspective, 40K is insignificant IMO. You all know how sensitive and easily upset liberals get, I mean it does equate to spam. Although it pains me it isn't much more, this is lint on the jacket ..... :glare:
Very true Dawg , but any amount of followers that abandon Obama for what ever reason just gives me more hope that there still is some sanity in the US . :wink: