• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

blade on a Snow Master / Trac

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I have been contemplating putting a blade on the front of my Snow Master. Has anyone ever seen one on a Snow Trac? I would have it made out of aluminium and have a 6 way hydraulic control.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen Front & Rear rotary snow groomers, but not a front blade. I do know there were rear hydraulics on some of the Snow Masters, with some sort of implement hitch system that was roughly similar to a tractor's 3pt hitch set up, but I don't know about front hydraulics. I'll say it was not anything I ever looked into. I am hoping to dig up some photos of the rotary snow groomers and post them in the implement/attachment thread.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have some guys here who are great with tractor hydraulics. MadReferee is one guy I rely on. But I can tell you that some of us with tractors can probably get you through the basics. I have a Top-n-Tilt system on the rear of one of my tractors and it allows me to use a "joystick" to adjust the rear implement 4 different ways. In my case its set up for front-to-rear tilt, plus side to side tilt, in addition to up & down on by using a second lever to control the hitch. So it is a 6 way adjustment, 4 way with one joystick, the additional 2 ways with a secondary lever.

For a front implement I would think similar functionality would be needed. Up & Down. Side to Side tilt. And then instead of front to back tilt like I have, I would think you rather have a side to side swivel to angle the blade. All of that could be done with 3 hydraulic cylinders, and either 2 or 3 levers. It would not take much hydraulic flow to power it either, probably just 1/4" lines is all you'd need.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
We had on our LMC 1500 a blade that went up, down, left, right (side to side), angle left, right. Thats all I need. On that unit we had 3/4" hydraulic lines though with 2-1/2 cylinders with 1-1/4" rods I believe.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
We had on our LMC 1500 a blade that went up, down, left, right (side to side), angle left, right. Thats all I need. On that unit we had 3/4" hydraulic lines though with 2-1/2 cylinders with 1-1/4" rods I believe.

I doubt you would need rams that big . There is a 8 feet snow blade for sale here that came off a Kubota tractor that the guy is selling for $1500 . It is a nice unit and I know the guy real well .It has a brand new cutting edge on it . He told me he has $3300 in the set up and I believe him.I keep going over and looking at it ! A single T handle could control all 3 hydraulic functions .
Allen

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Mike,
Yes , It is all steel .It is made for plowing snow . He paid $600 bucks extra to have the kubota Dealer set it up so it could rotate on a center pin .If you held the blade up in the air it could turn like a propeller . He did not want it to dig in on the outside corners ,so it could easily have tilt rams added if you wanted . He lives close by ,so I can go take pictures if you want .
Al

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Mike,
Did you ever get a plow mounted on your snow master? If so how about some pictures and a discription?
Kevin