• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Livu's Swiss to Canadian Snow Trac

What do you think of the Black & Diamond Plate Snow Trac?

• Totally Amazing - the transformation is astounding, I want it.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • WOW, that is cool, but I prefer the traditional look.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm posting these for member Livu in Switzerland. Livu speaks so-so English and I speak so-so German and so I am not sure if the facts are accurate. But near as I can tell, this Snow Trac is now in Canada. I believe it started in Switzerland and was restored there, then shipped to Canada. But like I said, I'm not positive.

The pictures were taken from Livu's Website. He also has a lot of Kristi photos there! To visit go to www.livu.ch

This unit is not owned by Livu.

Livu is a big fan of the Kristi KT3 and owns a Kristi KT3. :thumb:

Attachments

• SnowTrac1.jpg
    SnowTrac1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 305
  • SnowTrac2.jpg
    SnowTrac2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 297
  • SnowTrac3.jpg
    SnowTrac3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 306

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
3 more "BEFORE" photos

Attachments

• SnowTrac4.jpg
    SnowTrac4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 297
  • SnowTrac5.jpg
    SnowTrac5.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 296
  • SnowTrac6.jpg
    SnowTrac6.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 296

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are the "AFTER" photos!

Attachments

• S-T-Beat (1).jpg
    S-T-Beat (1).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 295
  • S-T-Beat (3).jpg
    S-T-Beat (3).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 296
  • S-T-Beat (4).jpg
    S-T-Beat (4).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 294

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More of the AFTER pictures.

I'm hoping that Livu can add some more to this thread and tell us some of the details. I'd like to find out who owns this unit now and see if they will join us here.

You will notice the exhaust is routed out the side of the hood and up the front right of the cabin. Also you will notice the area over the tracks has been built out and boxed in. I suspect there is a heater installed inside that area as a vent can be seen in the interior wall of the cabin.

Attachments

• S-T-Beat (5).jpg
    S-T-Beat (5).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 287
  • S-T-Beat (7).jpg
    S-T-Beat (7).jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 285
  • S-T-Beat.jpg
    S-T-Beat.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 283

Tommo

SUPER Site Supporter
:a1: Certainly an impressive looking Trac! The Checker plate looks good and not to over the top. I wonder what gauge of Alloy he has used and what the weight difference would be? Nice to see he has retained what looks like the original air filter, nice:weneedpic

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I like some of what they did to this unit. While the silver/black color scheme is a bit bold, overall I like the look.

I'm looking at installing a gas heater to my Snow Trac and I had originally thought of mouting it on the passenger side of the cabin instead of the drivers side, which is the 'correct' location. But in looking at this unit, I may build an aluminum box over the tracks and place the heater in that box, with a fan and a vent into the cabin. It would be a bit less efficient that way, but it would be out of the way and allow for more cabin space. It is certainly worthy of consideration.

Tommo

SUPER Site Supporter
When i was serving in Norway with the Brit Commando's we used the Land Rover which had a small diameter copper pipes supplying hot water from the engine (2.5 NA diesel) which run to 2 x long and light weight radiators. These things put out some very good heat due to the constant heat of the water running engine. I will be looking around for one for my own 90 7 seat 200 TDI engine Land Rover. Do see how one can be put on a Air cooled engine like the VW unit......Or could we come up with some thing similar in principle??

Is there any one out there who has put on a systems that works fine, de-mists the windows and throughs out real warm into the rear cabin area??

A few things to ponder over i'm sure.:wave:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
None yet, but I've been trading email with Livu, I'm hoping to find out more!