• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SNOWOPS newest addition to the fleet!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Boggie where did you get the prepainted panels thanks Tracknut

Sorry it took so long I was out of the country for a week it is what they would call race car aluminum runs about 100-110 a sheet 4 foot by 10 foot
most steel suppliers should be able to get it.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow ! That is some nice work !!!:thumb: Way too nice for Mouse ear Mike to be drivin around :flowers: .
Makes me want to get started on my "Super Secret Kristi Project" again .

On a serious note : Brad , do you or anyone else know where I can find some "drawer slides" that will open about 4 feet . I have a plan to try and slide the upper half of my KT3 back for easy entry for the driver ,without the need to step over the rear seats . Sort of like the old Fighter planes had .
Try unistrut. It comes in 10 foot lengths.

grizcty

What a beautiful job!

How much did this retrofit cost you?

Take care, be safe.
God Bless.
Chris - Alaska

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Mikey should be hitting the snow with this rig in the morning. So expect pictures in a couple of days. He should have his SPOT tracker on so we can see where he gets stuck. :rolleyes:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
First report...

He made it in and back but had a couple of problems. First, the fuel pump cut out. He traced it to a bad wire and got it running again. Second, she's running hot. No details on that yet. Poor little camper is all tuckered out and has another run to make at 0500. It'll probably still be a couple of days before he posts a report and pictures.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
First report...

He made it in and back but had a couple of problems. First, the fuel pump cut out. He traced it to a bad wire and got it running again. Second, she's running hot. No details on that yet. Poor little camper is all tuckered out and has another run to make at 0500. It'll probably still be a couple of days before he posts a report and pictures.

What Elevation is he running at ? he may have to adjust the timing and or re jet the carb.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Only about 3500ft at the destination. Not sure if any passes to get there were higher, but I don't think any spot was more then 4000ft.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Only about 3500ft at the destination. Not sure if any passes to get there were higher, but I don't think any spot was more then 4000ft.

It could still be an issue it could be jetted for flatland we are about 1000
we did not rejet or retime best to do that where it is to be used. :smile:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
No the fuel pump was a simple fix Bob. Just a bad wire connection. Once cleaned up she never acted up again. The second problem if you could call it that was when I topped off both 40 gallons tanks and then ran her up and over several moutain passes. The caps are not vented so a vaccum occured in the tank. I started her up and ran it for about a 1/2 mile and she just stopped. I knew it was fuel starvation. I went ov to the tank and removed the cap and problem fixed. I then cut a very small groove in the gasket and no more problem. No leaks either.