• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost another good friend.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lost a 50 year friend on Feb 28th. She was married to my best friend in HS. Saw them semi regular but were still in touch after all these years. I might have mentioned it here but I can't remember for sure.

Now a 30+ year close friend passed yesterday. He had been fighting colon cancer for a number of years. Only 54 years old. I loved the guy. He was a journalist and wrote the front page intro for the forums on more than one occasion. A fun guy to be around. He was like a little brother to me. I'll never forget him.

RIP Scot.

Attachments

• ScottDrivingHouseboat.jpg
    ScottDrivingHouseboat.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Scott2.jpg
    Scott2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 105
  • ScottOnDaBoat.jpg
    ScottOnDaBoat.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 99
  • ScottAndJudy.jpg
    ScottAndJudy.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 102
  • ScottAndGailBT2002.jpg
    ScottAndGailBT2002.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 101
  • ScottAndJudyBT2000.jpg
    ScottAndJudyBT2000.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 101
  • ScottBT2001.jpg
    ScottBT2001.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 100

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What can I say Doc. One of the things about getting older is that we lose friends along the way but 54-years old is 'way too young. My sincere condolences to his wife, family and friends. They will be in my prayers tonight.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
RIP Scot.

Doc, so sorry to hear about your friends.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that doc. Definitely too young to be taken away.

I'm starting to see the same thing. A friend of mine from high school was only 46 when he passed away this winter. Another friend who I worked with on the snow club trails also passed away at 49.

It's never easy losing someone you knew your whole life. Prayers for you and everyone who knew them.

Canadian eh!!!