• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

STOLEN Thiokol and trailer - 9NOV07 - Reno, NV

Vance

I'm posting this for a friend in the area:

Keep your eyes out!! I'm going to try to get a pic.

Vance

-------------

Subject: Stolen Snowcat and Trailer - Nov. 9, 2007
Posting this for a good friend of mine here in Reno.

Stolen 1973 Thyacol Snowcat. Red with single chrome exhaust stack. Black luggage rack on rear. It was loaded on a 22ft. black Zieman 4 place snowmobile trailer with fold down front ramps and a toolbox on the front.

The snowcat had been completely restored and he was getting ready to move it up to his place at Bucks Lake for the winter.

If anyone has any info or hears anything, please give him a call in Reno at 775/747-6207 and ask for Bob or Betty Walls.
----------------

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
That just SUCKS! Its been 4 days so I doubt if you will have any luck. I will keep my eyes peeled though! Get me some pictures and I will carry them with me. I see alot of cats and this winter I should be seeing a bunch more. Make sure BobPierce gets some as well he see more cats than all of us combined! Also get me the serial number of the cat. Was it a Spryte or an Imp??????

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Echo that... TOTALLY SUCKS ! Express my regrets to your friend. I've been thinking about Lojack.. it just seems so ridiculous on a snowcat... BUT...

Lots of pics... I hope we (or anyone for that matter) can track her down!

Taking a man's newly restored snowcat... that's pretty low.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Get us plenty of new pics. I will print them up and give them to my local Sheriffs office and State Troopers. I will also in my travels drop them off at any LE office I come upon in snow bound regions.

Briarpatch

I will also be on the look out here in Colorado and Wyoming. We travel a lot between the mountains here in Colorado and Wyoming. If you could send some pics that would help.

Briarpatch

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
1973 Thiokol Imp (full cab)
Faded red
New crome exhaust stack
All new tracks
Winch on front PTO (thick cable)
Hydraulics ready for snow plow up on front but no plow
4 bucket seats
The inside is completely carpeted (blueish grey heavier pile) on floor,sides and cieling.

On rear bumper is welded upside down crome hitch
light bar has 4 KC lights and rotating beacon.

Rack on roof behind lights.
Rack on rear that folds down to carry deer.

Upside down Crome hitch welded on back bumper.

The trailer is a 4 place snow mobile Zieman trailer. It the kind that has the small fat tires

FULL CAB IMP

This cat was rebuilt by a 70 year old man who wanted to use it to help elderly people in the winter time incase they had medical problems and ambulances were not able to get access to them. Also they had a huge Christmas family reunion planned for this year at there cabin. Now they will be cancelling. This is absolutely pathetic that someone would steel this snowcat. They had been watching his progress on it and as soon as he was done and when they left the house they hooked up there vehicle to it and yanked it out of the driveway. He still had the battery charger hooked up to the batteries and they yanked the socket out of the house. He lives on a remote street in Reno and he suspects possibly a white truck may have been involved since he noticed one driving by and stopping all the time. They will be offering a reward for info leading to its recovery. I dont care about getting a reward but its there. I didnt sk how much. The best reward would be for one of us to find it and get it back to them so they can make that Christmas reunion happen! He will email me pictures when he gets a chance. There having a computer problem and a tech is coming out to retrieve the pictures.

Last edited:

Vance

Thanks for the updated info. Did you call the #? I'm still waiting for my contact to get info/pics. Seems someone is out of town.

Vance

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
HERES THE PICTURES!

Attachments

• Picture 29.png
    Picture 29.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 453
  • Picture 28.png
    Picture 28.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 473

snotrans

We sold this machine to Bob a few years a go for the use of the remote home owners in that area. Our sales records indicate the serial number is T4C 0946 . Sorry to here about this kind of snow cat activity but I have had several stolen over the years, even a new one that was later recovered from a joy rider on a mountain top. We will keep you informed if any one try,s to sell it to any of us out of your area

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
What a nice cat!! At least it is not a common cab configuration.. It will stick out. We will catch this somewhere:thumb:

Hopefully someone will find this with the creep that took it..tie him to the top, and drive it back to the owner.:17875: :argueing: :2gunsfiri :reacharou :14_6_20: :batterUp: Then let the games begin..

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh no! You must not say horrible things like this or the left wingers will start a fund and collect moneys to defend this *poor soul* who was led astray as he developed through society...until, as a victim of society, he had no choice but to lighten the owner of such a heavy load... even though the owner had such good intentions... we have to feel for this *poor soul*... for he would not have done it if he weren't influenced by society!

Hang him by the balls I say!
Sorry, I can't stand that three strikes crap... the Chinese did do a few things right in their society...punishment for crimes (of any flavor) being one! (ok, this is not intended to start a big thing... I know China has it's horrid history of corruption, but we've gone way, way too left where a guy like this would get a slap on the wrists...in China he'd probably lose his wrists).

Vance

FOUND!!!

The snowcat has been found and returned to the owner. Trailer still missing though. Thanks everyone for keeping your eyes open.

below is the message from the buddy,

Vance

Well guys, there is a Santa Claus. The stolen snowcat has been found out in Sun Valley(a housing area north of Reno/Sparks). Bob and Betty got a tip from some guy last night that the unit was out in Sun Valley. Called the cops and went to the house. The dirtbag who stole it was home and was arrested. A real bad dude with a long rap sheet. The trailer was not there. Cops are trying to track it down.

Bob wanted me to express his appreciation and to thank everyone for their help, thoughts and concern. Sure is nice when the good guys win.

You all have a Merry Christmas and a great holiday season.

Z

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
FOUND!!!

The snowcat has been found and returned to the owner. Trailer still missing though. Thanks everyone for keeping your eyes open.

Vance

Excellent post !..................... Never thought they would find it. :applause:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

That's fantastic!! They haven't cashed the insurance company check yet, right? In the big picture, the trailer might be an acceptable loss.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Was it damaged in any way? Do they know why the scumbag wanted the machine? Seems out of character unless he wanted just to resell it.

Robert45

Site Supporter
Most of the time dirtbags steal for reselling or their own use. Other time they do it on a dare. For nine years I worked at a correctional camp and heard all the stories of how they stole things. Some of it was B.S. and the rest wasn't.
One thing I did learn was they have no respect for other peoples belongings.
I keep my stuff locked up and out of sight, not that won't deter someone who really what's to get it, but it makes me sleep abit easier. I have in the past been broke into and it sure makes one mad and puts one on guard.:2gunsfiri

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
...or how he found out about it???? seems he was laying in wait until it was done.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Sure is nice when the bad guys get caught! I know its not possible but I can only dream of getting called to that case as a Juror! Hang him! oh its not a capital punishment case. OK LIFE!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I keep my stuff locked up and out of sight, not that won't deter someone who really what's to get it, but it makes me sleep abit easier. I have in the past been broke into and it sure makes one mad and puts one on guard.:2gunsfiri

Yea, ditto. I was lucky the time it happened and they saw the alarm system and backed out of my garage. Then I put bars on all the windows from within the window panes to avoid it looking like a prison with a big sign that says "stuff inside." Then I beefed up the alarm further and also put a bunch of additional steel reinforcing bars in a slew of locations. Then I kept adding to my security system and adding... even with all that, anything is possible, but I sleep at night. I also added removeable vertical parking balards that are grounded in 55 gallon concrete barrels and extend 28" above ground.

Added high-res video surveillance with 16-way system. If the left wingers weren't so bleeding heart, I'd add various forms of physical "de-motivators" if you know what I mean. I do have a few internal that I could claim ignorance on but would prefer a perimeter around my land. Can't use the hunting excuse either given everything has to be clearly marked...such as bear traps, etc.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually... need to add super heavy duty gates from Morris Gates... they have a residential version that is 'tank-tough' practically... check out their video and specs... AWESOME brute strength!

http://morrisonequipment.com/

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
FOUND!!!

Vance

Woohoo!! :thumb: :applause: :tiphat: :wave: :coolshade :rock: :dancing: :thewave: :jumpingSm :intheclub: