• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Jeep Pickup...

humor_me

This looks very cool.
Anybody want one? The line starts behind me.:thumb:

Attachments

• 6390855.w600.jpg
    6390855.w600.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 6390888.w600.jpg
    6390888.w600.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 91

humor_me

It does look cool. But, I don't much care for the fact that the bed is so short,and that the spare is mounted in there taking up room .

Nixon, It ain't there yet. Shoot its still got a Wrangler-style tailgate instead of a pickup-style tailgate. At least they are looking at this. BTW, the color they say is called "Hearing Aid Beige. ":yum: :yum:

I think they should take a fresh look at the Gladiator and incorporate some of its features like the side-mounted spare for one.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was really hoping they would produce the Jeep Gladiator concept show truck that was shown at the auto shows in 2005. That would be a sweet 1/2 ton pickup truck.

Story and more photos here: http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/gladiator.html

I'm not a big fan of pick up trucks, never owned one as a personal vehicle, have one at work with a cap on the back. Drives rough, not much personality, not much comfort. But these little Jeep pick ups (the one in the first post, or better yet the Gladitaor below) look like fun trucks, with some personality, with some capabilities too. Not as practical with the short beds as some other trucks, but I'd bet a lot of pick up truck owner would give up a little plain vanilla styling for the rugged looks and style of these Jeeps.

Attachments

• gladiator-jeep.jpg
    gladiator-jeep.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 84
  • gladiator.jpg
    gladiator.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 88

rugerman

If the quality hasn't improved a lot I'll pass. The last jeep (grand cherokee) that my wife had (last of 3) was a piece of crap she had brake problems from day one that the dealer never could fix, the transmission crapped out at 60,000 and the rear end was right behind it. Gas mileage was 18 mpg hwy and it drove like a tank in 4 wheel drive. I'll never buy another one, don't get me wrong I like jeeps but they ain't what they used to be, I learned to drive in a old willy's when I was 8 and the first 2 were good vehicles but they arn't as tough as they used to be. rugerman

cj7

sounds like you had a lemon rugerman

we have a 2000 grand with over 160,000 miles onthe original drivetrain, v-8 that gets 22 on the highway, and great perforing quadradrive system...

cj7

http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/brute/

I like the Brute conversion myself. I prefer the lines and styling of the bed and the fact that it is separted from the tub.

It really depends on what you intend to use it for. Even if it is called a truck I would not think of it as one. I would call it by its name such as a brute or gladiator. You can not even begin to expect it to be like a full size truck or vise - a - versa.
everyplace that I have been with these rigs around seem to draw good responses. Guess we will have to wait and see!