• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost Another One

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I lost my friend and neighbor of 22 years this afternoon. He'd been having walking and balance problems for the past few years but they finally found out what was the root cause. He's been doing better lately as they fine tuned his meds. It never stopped him from running his business at 76 years old.

Last Thursday he was walking in his garden, lost his balance and fell over backwards, striking the back of his head on a fountain and severing his spine. When they got him to hospital he was paralyzed from the neck down. They kept him comfortable until all his family arrived and he told them that he didn't want to live like that and to pull the plug. He was transferred to hospice and passed away this afternoon.

There's a lot I can say about Bill but suffice to say that he was a good, good man and a true friend over many years. I will sorely miss him. I'm getting to the age where I don't have many good friends left and I can't afford to lose one like him.

RIP Bill.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
That's a very tough deal right there, Frank. Very sorry to hear that, sir.

I always like to think of Psalm 147:3 in times like this. It has carried me through. I hope it helps you as well.

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of the loss a good and close friend. Seems the older we get the fewer good friends we have.
Mike