• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does a Bombardier J10 really exist?

Trackrig

I have a friend who's looking for a J10 but I can't find anything on such a machine anywhere. There's lot of info on J5s. What got him interested in a J10 is because he wants something a little larger than a J5 to use in the mud but still easy to transport. Another friend said he had a J10 that he used 10 - 15 years ago out on the Rex Trail, but he can't find any photos of it.

If someone has photos or a internet site for one, I'd appreciate it.

Bill
trackrig@gmail.com

IMP

Site Supporter
Bombardier Muskegs are pretty common and have a larger platform than the J5. But I'm sure he already knows about them. I never heard of a J10. Give Minnesota Outdoors a call. They know it all.

Trackrig

Muskegs are work well, but try to fix a track or tire out on the trail with that cage around the track. Then if you have the carrier version with engine up front, to change the brake shoes you have to pull the cab and the engine to get to the front drive underneath. Try that in the woods.

Bill

IMP

Site Supporter
Those Muskegs have the same drive train and engine as my J5. We've been hunting in these rigs forever and never had any tire (foam filled) or brake issues. I know it could happen but it would be unusual for a good maintained machine. When I had my diffetental out for rebuilt i didnt even replace my brake bands they were fine. But yea...what a nightmare to do that in the woods!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Muskegs are work well, but try to fix a track or tire out on the trail with that cage around the track. Then if you have the carrier version with engine up front, to change the brake shoes you have to pull the cab and the engine to get to the front drive underneath. Try that in the woods.

Bill

Bill, we have never heard of a J10 before but there are a fair number of forestry departments around that have called the Bombardier Muskegs J7 and J8 before
Even though I have never called them that I guess they just figure there bigger than a J5 and gave them a number

On the steering bands in a Muskeg we just pull the radiator and lift the engine about 6-8" you can pull the chunk out the front even that way pulled one out repaired and replaced in one day once. Normally figure longer.

Did we talk to about our FN60 machines?

Trackrig

Boogie

I remember having seen what he was calling a J10 a long time ago. It definitely was not a Muskeg as I've been around a lot of them. His rig was longer than a J5 - it had one more axle. There were probably other differences also, but I don't recall what.

Yes, we did talk about a month ago. You sent me some pictures of a GT with a crane or auger on it and a 60 piece machine.

Bill