• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamby

BTW THE PHOTO WAS UPRIGHT ON MY PHONE + ON MY COMPUTER
zipped-mouth-smiley-emoticon-emoji-vector-illustration-97465883.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll take a canoe to church and then again to work tonight.
Just kidding!
It's going to be a quiet Sunday here.
Tow boy son has been busy since 4am, I talked to my Granddaughters this morning/facetime..
Maddie was telling me about an ambulance.
She calls them "the police doctor" :smile:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Church at 8am. Afterwards I went out for a couple hour motorcycle ride. Didn't intend for it to be so long. I was hunting for a donut. Went to the Village of Momence, IL because I knew of a coffee shop there, it was closed. So was the bakery. So was another restaurant. Hmmm.... headed west and ended up at a farmers market in Bradley, IL. Found donuts + coffee!

I had them mix the Turtle and Maple/Bacon donuts together :idea: so it was extra goodness.

Attachments

• 58118553181__D65FC026-4FF8-415F-9611-55AB539751AD.jpg
    58118553181__D65FC026-4FF8-415F-9611-55AB539751AD.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 94
  • m1voj4yjTK+oawPvnj9v8w.jpg
    m1voj4yjTK+oawPvnj9v8w.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 84
  • GT2j6lxNRUKkaNyyGyyAqw.jpg
    GT2j6lxNRUKkaNyyGyyAqw.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 82
  • KkAwCLYhT0uhAbMYnizDxA.jpg
    KkAwCLYhT0uhAbMYnizDxA.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 93
  • xFlVq2rjQia39BBddpvUaQ.jpg
    xFlVq2rjQia39BBddpvUaQ.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 82

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Saturday we went to the boat and Lake Stockton Mo. It was reported at ten feet of normal pool. Actually it was ten feet over high pool.

In other words, we needed a boat to get to our boat.

So, we decided to go see our Ozark property near Ava MO. It was a mess. A storm had toppled the TV antennae an cause a leak in the front bedroom of the RV. That and mice had found a way into the abode. What a mess.

Topping the day was an attack by Chiggers and Ticks. The Chiggers in our part of the Ozarks use chain saws. The Ticks travel in gangs with MS-13 tattoos. Had to change clothes right their in the woods.

All the decking had split and curled, So, there was no safe place to stand and change clothes except the little "glade" where almost nothing grows.

Sadly that was the best part of the trip. Well almost...;

The roads in that area are barely there. County grades them once or twice a year. Flint and limestone. The last vehicle one should ever drive there is a Dodge Custom minivan with cushy tires and low running boards. We took a hawthorn spike and had a flat tire. It's 7:30, sun going down and we are in the middle of nowhere and virtually know no one.

So, I'm working on changing the tire and an old guy comes down the driveway. "What cha doing?" I told him and next thing I know he is under the car setting the jack. Runs up to his house and brings a tank or air fills the bad tire enough so he can set the jack. I know he figured us for lost city fellers but as we talked he realized we were neighbors and friends of his relatives

Together we finished setting the spare. Then he offered to plug the tire and so up to his house we went. His wife and mine set up a conversation whilst us menfolk worked on the tire.

Made a new set of friends and frankly it was hard to leave them that evening. But we had to go.

Should have stayed.

Twice I got pulled over for nonsense. Once for not "properly" signally a lane change. Two lane road with an entrance lane.:unsure: Nice young cop, no ticket. Twenty miles later for a dim headlight. Again nice kid, no ticket, but still,,,; WTF?

He asked," did you just get pulled over in Cabool?" "Yes Officer, that's why we know about the headlight. But, it is 12:30 at night and we just want to get home."

He laughed a bit and then I asked, mostly in jest, "Now, are you guys done with me or are you set up in a string from here to Rolla MO?" He laughed a belly laugh on that one but promised we would be OK the rest of the way.

What a day! But the wife and I had to say we had a good time together despite all the issues.:kiss: Nothing we had planned to accomplish happened. One thing I've learned in life is true and we live by it,,,; If you want to see God laugh, tell him your plans.

This week end, He had a good giggle on us.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you had a good day. Lol

We finally made it out to camp this weekend. Still lots to do at home but a well deserved break for all of us. I got the boat out on the water yesterday. We did some fishing. Then came back to camp for some relaxing by the fire.

Today was a busy one. We got up and packed up to make the hour drive home. As soon as we got back, I discovered that I forgot my meds at the camper. I hopped in the truck and drove back to get them then drove back to the city to the old house to do more cleaning up in the garage. After I loaded up the truck, I headed back to the new house and unloaded the truck after supper.

Tomorrow we head back to the old house to finish the upstairs as we have someone going to paint the whole upstairs and make other repairs.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Burying a friend. I'll be a pallbearer at the funeral.

She was 56. Totally healthy in every way imaginable. A blood vessel popped in her brain and she died instantly.

We used to have the family over for holidays, had many Thanksgiving meals with them and a few Christmas meals.

Her husband, also a close friend, died 4.5 years ago. He was Melen's high school fencing coach and taught me how to coach. Spent many evenings and weekends with him. His only fault was that he liked Scotch instead of bourbon.

Their youngest boy is now 23, 1 year younger than Melen. The older son is 28? All 3 of the kids were friends and fenced together at the fencing club. All 3 kids went to the same high school.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What Jim said.
Very sorry to hear that, Bob.

Well, I should be sleeping lol
Sooner or later it'll catch up with me.
:bonk:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Had to work on the roto tiller today. Would not start. Checked the carb and ignition all was well. So I put in a new plug and found a crack in the insulator. fixed that and blew ether into the carburetor and.... nothing.:hammer:

Had to fix the rewinder because it was sticking and tried again,,,,; nothing

I refused to give up. So I sprayed and pulled, pulled and sprayed and.. got a whimper. Hurrah Hurrah!:laugh3:

Now all I had to do was pull and spray until the damn thing surrendered. Finally it fired. :thumbup:

Took three hours to fire that puppy up and fifteen minutes to roto the garden. I should have used a shovel.:unsure:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got home from the funeral luncheon about 2pm. Sat down with some water and the intent to go out and spray weeds after a little rest.

Ended up drinking the water, shopping on the computer and wasting time. No weed spraying was accomplished.

Going to the fencing club in about an hour. I suppose I have enough time to spray. But won't. No rain in the forecast so I can do it tomorrow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked my butt off this morning (seriously, it's gone) at the old house clearing the upstairs prepping for paint tomorrow. I'll be glad when we're done with the other house. Off to scouts in a bit. I've been working on getting us out sailing since the fall. I have someone from the yacht club coming tonight to give the kids a talk. Next week, we hopefully will be in a mock race with 6 sailboats ranging from 24' long to 40' long.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Why is it whenever a spammer gets banned, their green light is still showing?
I picture them lying there like they've been shot, holding on til the last breath.
:th_lmao:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like it's going to be another beautiful,cool and sunny day.
I've some errands to do later.

Last night I stayed up late and watched Chapter 27.
A film on the murder of John Lennon through the mind of Mark David Chapman.
Very creepy.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what I'm doing.

Possible light rain this morning? Might go to the YMCA for a workout. I don't know that I really want to go alone but I don't have a lot of options today if I want to go this morning.

Afternoon and evening are predicted to be clear. I need to get the weed killer down on the gravel driveway. Getting creeping vegetation growing into the gravel and need to get rid fo that before it takes too much of a hold.

Hoping to get my car into the shop. I'm hearing a noise, sounds like its coming from the front left wheel area. Bearing going out? I need to arrange to be picked up and think I have that figured out so someone doesn't have to go too far out of their way to bring me back home.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bringing the truck into the shop tomorrow for a scan. They got an earful last Friday when the stupid automatic start stop feature failed to restart as I was about to leave a stop light on the highway with 2 lanes of traffic coming up from behind at 60 mph. I was sitting there dead when the engine didn't restart. Very dangerous.

Today we're at the old house clearing out some final things while our painter preps for painting.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that the rain has cleared out, I can actually take a walk before dinner!
:hammer:
I went to Defiance yesterday via 424 to Domersville Road.
Omg the traffic.
I'll be glad when that bridge is completed on Clinton.
It's nothing but a headache.
I'm supposed to take the grandies to a park festival this weekend.
That's something to look forward to.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bad night last night with lighting and thunder scaring the hell out of both dogs. Mitty gets sedated because he just shakes. Normally Walter doesn't give a hoot about it but last night it was both dogs. And then there was the power failure. Sure the generator kicked on in less than a minute but the alarm chirped its warnings, the clocks are now all flashing until I get around to changing them.

Went out and sprayed GROUND CLEAR on the gravel driveway. It doesn't get enough traffic to naturally stay weed free so its an annual chore to kill back the encroaching grass and weeds. 5 gallons of concentrate almost did the job. I'll have to buy a couple more gallons. But I got the bulk fo the problem areas.

Weeded the fence line on the south side of the pool. Its a rock garden that was overrun with scotch thistle, some of which was knee high. With all the rain its been hard to get out to do these types of chores.

Made a stuffed acorn squash for lunch.

Went to the YMCA and worked out. Normally I'm a pretty dedicated 'treadmill' sort of a guy but today I walked past those and hopped on an elliptical machine. Set if for 30 minutes and started running, well sort of running because it is, after all, an elliptical. Turned up the ear buds and when I looked down I had already passed the 30 minute mark. Stopped at 37 minutes. Surprised myself. I thought 30 minutes of running was a tough goal.

Tonight I'll be at the fencing club.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Phewf. Another crazy busy day. Gym for an hour at 9. Dropped the truck off at the dealership at 10. The boss (she who must be obeyed) picked me up and we headed to the house to do some work aka picking up garbage and cleaning up the yard.

This afternoon we ventured out to look at patio furniture. Then went back to pick up the truck (which resulted in me losing a gasket and saying a few choice words when they hadn't even looked at it in 5 hours. After threatening to trade the thing in on a Chevy I walked out with my keys and took it home. Now I have to wait another day tomorrow for them to scan it.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chiropractor appointment in Defiance.
I should find one here in Napoleon so I don't have to drive that far, not that it's far but the bridge traffic!
It's coolish and overcast.
Think I'll make chicken and biscuit casserole for dinner tonight.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gorgeous day. Light breeze to keep the bugs down. Mowed the lawn. We had some patio furniture delivered. Heading to the city to get the truck later.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Same here, Brian.
Another gorgeous day with the weather.
My eldest son and his fiancee have split.
Honestly, I don't know why my sons can't find women who are THE one.
So I say what I can to support them.
And I hurt too, for them.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wonderful weather here also. I have a trailer loaded with scrap machinery and a fork lift. Have to get it to the scrap recyclers but, the one who promised to take everything seems to be out of business. So I'm using that as an excuse to run off in the Crossfire with the top down and checkout a few other yards.:clap::clap::clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
All the sudden the street is filled with music.
Live bands over at the Elks Lodge parking lot.
Rally In The Alley.
Until midnight lol
I can hear them plain as day with the windows open.
City life!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob returns home tomorrow evening from San Jose so I have to put the house back together.

Took the truck to Target, Aldi and Tractor Supply to pick up various household necessities like soap, eggs and dog treats. Well a lot more than those things. Consider the house restocked.

Packed up a couple small boxes full of surprises and included a card in each box. One for Melen. One for Dasha. Filled with their favorite candies, snacks, and in the case of Melen's box some dog toys for Nelson the puppy. Hopped on the motorcycle and took those to the post office. Then rode to the YMCA for a good workout. 40 minutes on the elliptical at a pace of just over 5mph. I'm an old guy who can keep up with a fat kid chasing the ice cream truck!

Back home about 2pm, ate some lunch. Kicked the dogs. Paid some bills.

Dinner tonight was in Crown Point, IN. It is our county seat. There is a corn roast and festival tonight. It was at the new park, 1 block west of the town square. First year it wasn't on the square, the festivities outgrew the square and a new park was built a block away that actually has parking!

Back home again in time to kick the dogs some more. Or play ball in the yard, I don't remember. A dram of bourbon, and classic war movies on the TV.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The name of this band is Venyx.
They're out of Toledo and are excellent.
They've been playing everything from The Who to Aretha to Justin Timberlake.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The Wife and kids are headed to Oklahoma Tomorrow. Rebecca is getting a new cat from her mother. Beautiful blue eyed Siamese.

They see the mom about once a year when Cathy takes them to Tulsa every summer for a few days. I get the weekend off. Sorta. At least I don't have to cook.

Saturday I plan to re-stain the front door and put brass plates where the wife shredded the wood with the poser washer last week. Then I'll work on the Owl tree preparing it to be moved.

Fence work comes last on Sunday if the weather allows. 108 feet of wood fence that stands without posts. I'll be most of the summer making it work.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Scout camp this weekend. It's an all sections camp. We have 4 groups from here along with a group that traveled 11 hours from Wisconsin to join us. Camping in tents on a field.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I WAS going to take the girls to a festival today but noooo.
All the sudden their mother is wanting them for the entire day.
She's taking them to Fox Island and the Fort Wayne children's zoo.
I asked if I could come along.
"No, we won't have room"..
Really? In a van?
Whatever!
:hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.