• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whats for Dinner Tonight?

Ironman

Homemade potato soup with ham and bacon in it.
Actually reheated leftovers, it's always better the second time around
That sounds great! And yeah, it always tastes better after you stick it in the fridge for a day!

We had grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight.

I can't wait for Turkey day! Gobble gobble!

:coolshade

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
leftovers are the best aren't they?
especially soups and casseroles.
mmmmmmm tomato soup and grilled cheese..
my all time favorite cold weather quickie..
As a side note: you know those electric sandwich makers?
I almost ruined mine using it for the first time.
Cheese coming out every crack and crevice.. grrrrrr
I tried to make a grilled cheese pocket in it.
Mental note: slice off bread crust first, don't add 2 lbs of cheese per slice of bread lol

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Elk meat made into sloppy joes with a cole slaw side dish. We will now see how good the new elk she shot last Monday tastes? We have another 260 pounds in the freezer to go, so I hope it is as good as last years. :thumb:

Ironman

Iron Chef, where have you been for the last 6 months?? Welcome back:thumb:
Hey thcri! Thanx! :beer:

Got an email from an old friend about this place... I've been working on, and modding the heck my Northstar engine (325+hp and kicking @ss with it in my Caddy),... kids... new house... ect., ect.

I hope to visit often and contribute when I can, its great to be back. This is a great site and I miss you guys!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:)

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I can say that I really enjoy it here. Cool folks with functional conversational abilities and dont mind DISCUSSING things. Even cooking. ;) :thumb:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Got an email from an old friend about this place... I've been working on, and modding the heck my Northstar engine (325+hp and kicking @ss with it in my Caddy),... kids... new house... ect., ect.

Start a new thread on that Northstar Engine!
and remember . . .

:nopics:

Ironman

Hey PB! I'll try to start a thread about N*'s. Damn sweet engine, I tell ya... I'm eating ricers for breakfast out there.:yum:
Start a new thread on that Northstar Engine!
and remember . . .

:nopics:
mynewcaddydc7.jpg

So anyway.... tonight we feasted on State fair corn dogs from Sams Club, lol.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I think I will make my world famous white bean and corn bread for my son and I Saturday night. I like to roast a couple of red, green and if they have them a couple of yellow Jalapeno peppers! Then after the beans have soaked all night and all day slowly cook them up and add the roasted Jalapenos in. For corn bread it has to be made from scratch with NO sugar. At least not for this meal. Then before I pour the corn bread batter into an Iron skillet I like to add the rest of those nicely roasted Jalapenos for color and a little flavor plus a bit of a kick. Serve with some ICE cold beer and man what a treat!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Kinda cool here today so I think we may make up a batch of "Cajun Jumbalaya". A little hot sour dough bread to go with that and some Key Lime Pie for dessert.
I may even break open a bottle of Samuel Smiths "Oatmeal stout reserve " . Its a little hard to find , but well worth it .I actually do not drink much ,but it sure goes together well .:drink: :beer: :coolshade

Whose coming over for dinner ??????

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If I was closer I would Al. That all sure sounds good.

As it is, we're having leftovers. I can handle one more day of turkey, home made noodles and fixings. Sure better than PB&J.

rugerman

Fresh grilled tuna, garlic bread and a salad. A friend of mine that,s a charter boat captain in Destin, Florida just came up with his two boys for a couple of days of hunting and brought it, I can hardly wait. rugerman

rugerman

Update!!! Man was that tuna good, I had a grilled tuna sandwich for lunch today with some of the leftovers and there is just enough left for one for supper tonight after i get back from hunting this evening. rugerman

Ironman

Jacks frozen combonation self rise pizza....:smileywac (it was pretty good actually)

Anyone have any good chili recipes? I'll show you mine if...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Home made potato cheese soup, topped with chives and bacon bits.
I'll probably have a piece or two of that thick texas toast garlic bread as well.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Home made potato cheese soup, topped with chives and bacon bits.
I'll probably have a piece or two of that thick texas toast garlic bread as well.

I am coming by..............

Actually we are going to Ryans buffett, our nite out sort of.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
There used to be a Ryan's around here.
It closed down and is now an Applebee's.

Man I love to graze at a good buffet lol

We have a few of them here, but this one we really like. Hope our waitress is working tonite, we have one that really does a great job for us...........and she is cute as can be..............which I like of course.

What you are having sounds GREAT! Home cooking, I like that too

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a few of them here, but this one we really like. Hope our waitress is working tonite, we have one that really does a great job for us...........and she is cute as can be..............which I like of course.

What you are having sounds GREAT! Home cooking, I like that too

It's not often I cook for myself. If and when I do, I make batches that can be eaten as leftovers for dinner at work as well.

I like Golden Corral and a good chinese buffet.
So many things to choose, so little room in the tum tum. haha

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's not often I cook for myself. If and when I do, I make batches that can be eaten as leftovers for dinner at work as well.

I like Golden Corral and a good chinese buffet.

You and I would get along great, well at least in our eating we would. I love GC, Holly does not. I love chinese, Holly likes it, but only at one place and with work and our schedules it is hard to get there. There is a chinese buffet right up from work.................and she does not like it much, but goes for me at times.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You and I would get along great, well at least in our eating we would. I love GC, Holly does not. I love chinese, Holly likes it, but only at one place and with work and our schedules it is hard to get there. There is a chinese buffet right up from work.................and she does not like it much, but goes for me at times.
See what a good wife that Holly is?? ;)
Chinese buffets tend to have the same items no matter where you go.
I dig into any and all shrimp, the crab rangoons, fried rice and the sesame green beans.
Hmmmmm Danny. You're going to make me say to heck with the soup idea and have me heading out to Jing Fong haha!!

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
a good chinese buffet.

skip the buffet and go straight to a starter of hot sour soup, and a plate of bbq pork chow fun with black bean garlic sauce:thumb: Oh ya! No worries about vampires after the garlic :yum:

Actually, Harvey's in Lake Tahoe has a pretty good seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday eve

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight we're having Dirty Rice with a side of peas. Simple but good. :D