• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Jack Daniels Winter Blend

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a big drinker. In fact "lightweight" would easily describe me and my drinking habits. I have a beer or two at a party, maybe some wine with my wife at dinner if we go out. So it was especially odd that I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels Winter Blend the other day when I was at the CVS Pharmacy.

But the bottle caught my eye, and reading the label, it sounded good.

Jack Daniels Winter Blend is a mixture of Jack Daniels whiskey and Apple Cider. Its only 15% alcohol, so its roughly double the alcohol of most wines, but far far less alcohol than Whiskey or other hard spirits.

And its served WARM. Serving size = 5 ounces.

I poured some into a juice glass, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and have been enjoying it as a sipping drink. Its very smooth, but it smells like whiskey. The cider really smooths out the drink and makes it mild and easy to drink.

If you are a hard core whiskey drinker you probably won't like it, if enjoy an occasional drink and want something smooth and easy and like to experiment with your food and beverage choices, this may be something that appeals to you.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My nasal condition has severely limited my drinking pleasure. This lower alcohol may be the trick.

Sounds like it is worth a try. Thanks

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I should probably point out there are several other brands of similar products.

Dickens, Evan Williams and Jim Beam apparently also make seasonal apple ciders that are 'enhanced' with their own unique adult flavorings.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since this was an October special, I haven't found any yet. But I'll keep looking.

Leni

I think that I'd try buying a bottle of the regular stuff and add apple cider to it. Invite a couple of friends over and see what blend works best. Of course I'd better be prepared for some sleepovers.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Strange.

I drink beer and wine as well as the occasional Scotch. I'm not a big liquor drinker and NEVER drink Burbon. For some strange reason I bought a bottle of burbon and honey in Santa Fe. That stuff wasn't half bad. You could still tell that it was whiskey but there was enough honey in there to smoothe it out. It was a real sipping drink. I may have to find some more and then I'll try it with the cider. Should make for an interesting evening and an early bedtime. :biggrin:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
It makes a great marinate for steaks and such. I have a bottle of it that we use for just that purpose around here. If you hit their web site you will find some recipes for cooking with JD.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
My son gave me a glass of this a couple of nights ago while I was there for a visit. This is pretty good stuff, I also, is not a big drinker. He also gave me a glass of Coureur des Bois maple creme, now this stuff.....I could take off the stopper and throw it away, set in front on the TV and sip away.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a cold wet week end and my back hurts from shoveling snow. So I finally, tried a bit of this stuff. Nice taken neat. Especially this time of year.

Thanks Melen'sdad!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well its Sunday night, my bottle of JD Winter Blend ran dry a week or so ago.

I've got a bottle of Honey Jack that was purchased a couple years ago, I think there is maybe 1 ounce or so missing from that bottle. There is some unfiltered apple cider in the refrigerator. I may mix up a glass, set it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, and let it work its special sort of magic on my sore shoulder.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I mixed it a little strong, but Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, mixed with some apple juice, then warmed a bit in the microwave makes a very fine substitute for the JD Winter Blend.

I may have to run some evening experiments on the correct proportions over the next few nights, just to be sure its good. For medicinal purposes only. Of couse.

Shoulder pain? What shoulder?!?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I mixed it a little strong, but Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, mixed with some apple juice, then warmed a bit in the microwave makes a very fine substitute for the JD Winter Blend.

I may have to run some evening experiments on the correct proportions over the next few nights, just to be sure its good. For medicinal purposes only. Of couse.

Shoulder pain? What shoulder?!?

Mixed?? I thought an 8 oz tumbler of the JD Honey at room temp with a handful of pain meds worked just fine for a bicep tendon ripped off of the bone. I never thought of mixing it...:whistling:

Heck, it even prevents me from wanting to drive a vehicle when I'm not allowed.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Ripped off the bone! How the heck did you manage that?

My 3rd surgery since getting hit by a drunk driver last January involved re-attaching my right bicep tendon. That was done by drilling a 3/4" hole 1 1/2" deep in the upper part of my humerus, inserting the bicep tendon in that hole and screwing it in place. The bone where the tendon entered the bone was grooved to allow the tendon to not have a sharp edge entering the anchor but, more importantly, allow the bone to grow to the tendon to give it strength once it completely scarred over. Three weeks out from the surgery (which has a total healing time of around 1 year), I caught my right arm on the armrest of the seat in my JD tractor while clearing snow for some people and the snow blade failed to pivot when hitting a hole. Only once before in my life have I experienced so much pain that I immediately lost my lunch.

Fortunately, I'm lucky, and part of the tendon is still in the anchor. I'm not to move my right arm for 2 full months to allow the tendon to (hopefully) begin attaching to the bone. After 2 months I am to passively move my arm to keep the complete rotator cuff and labrum repairs in my shoulder from getting too stiff. Just more fun stuff, ya know. As the other mods here know, I generally don't post anything about injuries and surgeries in public. That was my 15th surgical repair and the 9th in the last 4 years. And, yes, I'm now going to take the surgeon's orders to heart and start acting my age. If I tear the tendon the rest of the way, there is positively no fixing it again. It will permanently be gone. So, goodbye 20's and hello '50 something'. :flowers:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Being out of my beloved JD Winter's Blend has forced me to experiment with JD's Honey Whiskey and Apple Cider.

Tonight I'm pretty sure that I have perfected my mixture.

About 2 ounces of JD Honey into a cocktail glass, 5 ounces of unfiltered apple cider, then 60 seconds in the microwave to warm it up. My shoulder feels much better now.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, about there ounces of straight JD will have the desired effect without all the fuss.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I never did find the Jack Daniels Winter Blend. But since was it released for October only it's no wonder. Jack Daniels now has Winter Jack Tennessee Cider. Decided I'd try it after the crowd left tonight. I liked it. Had to try three 2 oz servings to really decide LOL.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked for winter blend in two different places but did not find it. I'll keep trying for that and for winter Jack. Sounds interesting.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't tried it, but my kid says a new upcoming popular drink is Jack and Rumchata.

A captain of a very large (172') private yacht made one for my kid and says the rich folk drink it regularly.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd never heard of Rumchata ....so I had to google it.
The latest from RumChata (@rumchata). Rich. Luscious. Delicious. A unique blend of sweet dairy cream, Caribbean rum and cinnamon.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Rumchata taste just like Horchata if you've ever had that. (A Mexican/latin amarican beverage)

I've tried the rumchata by itslef and in hot chocolate. It's not bad at all.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just guess what my wife slipped into my Christmas stocking.

Yup. A fresh bottle of my favorite Jack.