• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Friday is GOAT TACO day at the cigar lounge

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, every 6 weeks or so we get together at the cigar lounge for taco day.

And its ALWAYS Goat Tacos from a little bodega on Chicago's East side that makes them up fresh. Slow roasted goat meat with a light gravy, choices of HOT or HOTTER sauces.

If you want any just send me a PM and I'll get them for you. You can pick them up about 10:30am Friday morning at the cigar lounge. You'll find the place easy enough, its the only cigar lounge in the area that will be stinking of cigars and bbq livestock :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure about your county fair, but from what I understand, northwest Indiana raises most of the goats that are served at the Chicago restaurants, and these goat tacos come from a little place in Chicago's East Side neighborhood. Its an eclectic neighborhood, historically Polish, but now a mixture of Polish and Mexican immigrants that seems to have formed a stable, safe, integrated neighborhood in the city. So its possible these goats are returning home to Indiana for their final meal.

jwstewar

I have no clue where they end up. I just know that our fair sent out 12,000 lbs of goats this year and 2 of them were ours. Left us with 16 at home now and 8 of them in the process or have already been bred for this fall.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
JUST GOT THE OFFICIAL WORD . . .
GOAT TACOS are on their way to the 1101 Cigar Lounge. If you ordered them, come and get them!​

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WARNING . . . WARNING . . . WARNING

Squeezing on a little fresh lime and adding some hot sauce will LIGHT YOUR MOUTH ON FIRE. These tacos are mildly spicy to start with and the hot sauce is pretty hot, but the acid in the fresh lime opens up the taste buds and pores in your mouth to intensify the heat.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I made the mistake of getting some Buffalo wings the other day. Was burping them suckers all night and the next morning.:hammer:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I will get shit for this but , Goat Meat ?????????????? That just not sound good to me . I have had it before and it is not one of my favorites.:doh:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will get shit for this but , Goat Meat ?????????????? That just not sound good to me . I have had it before and it is not one of my favorites.:doh:

Would it taste better if we called it cabrito? :whistling:

Jim

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I love trying new things , but I just never cared for Goat .JMO.:biggrin: I feel the same way about Tofu , rabbit , bear, cougar, antelope , sea Cucumbers and Monkey brain soup .:biggrin:
Crickets are ok ,but the Texan in me loves a good Rib Eye .:wow::wow: