• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hurricanes

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
What the hell!

Wilma is now a category 5 hurricane?!?! Yesterday, it was just a tropical depression, and now it is projected to run right across Florida!

at200524_5day.gif

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Wilma is now a category 5 hurricane?!?!
And is listed as the strongest Atlantic ocean hurricane on record.
That thing blossomed big time.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know about you guys, but with the way these storms are tearing up the coasts I am buying some ocean front retirement property in Ohio.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
B_Skurka said:
I don't know about you guys, but with the way these storms are tearing up the coasts I am buying some ocean front retirement property in Ohio.
I think Doc & I can help you out on that one ! My mom, older sister , older brother & all their kids ( nieces & nephews of mine) all live in N. Ft. Myers & Cape Coral areas. I called my brother inlaw & told him I thought it might be a good time to load the extended family in his land yacht & take a trip north to see our fall colors in Ohio. Haven't heard back on that one yet...........

OkeeDon

Scroll back and look at the map again. See the little circle near the center of Florida? That's Lake Okeechobee. My rural property is at the north end of the lake, about 8 miles from the lake proper. The storm is projected to go directly over the lake. Swing over due east from the top of the lake to the coast. That's where my current house is. On the projected track, at least we will be slightly to the south of the storm, which is better than being to the northeast, but not by much.

I am not pleased by this development.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
PineRidge said:
Have friends that live in Naples. They're already making tracks north.

I saw them on our local news last night. I waved:wave: but they didn't see me. I-75 is a nightmare. We were planning trip to Tn this Sunday anyway but it may take me a little longer to get there now.

OregonAlex

B_Skurka said:
Bob,

If you believe in global warming... you should be able to start planting palm tree's on your property soon.

then again, you probably are already planning on that... Mr. Hawaiian shirt.. smart guy that Bob fella'.. always has somethin' a brewn'