• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

He Sucked’: High School Student’s Tweet About Kansas Governor Triggers Big Time Tempe

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:There goes another amendment out the window.:doh:

I cant say what she did is right, but demading an apology I think is way over the top for the school and the governors office. When we cant say what we think anymore we are really screwed, especially when its true. :whistling:

An 18-year-old high school senior has been made to apologize to Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback for writing a snarky tweet about him during a field trip.
“Just made mean comments at gov brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot,” Emma Sullivan wrote Monday while the Republican governor was addressing her school group.
Even though Sullivan didn’t actually approach the Brownback to make any such comments to him, the tweet caught the eye of his communications director, and it was passed back to the school.
From there, things happened fast: Sullivan was sent to the principal’s office, she told the Kansas City Star, and reprimanded for nearly an hour for the “not so nice” comments. She said she was told she had embarrassed her school and the district, and needed to do “damage control” with the governor’s office.
That‘s how she ended up writing an apology to Brownback’s office, with her principal even giving her talking points.

Shawnee Mission East principal Karl R. Krawitz wouldn’t comment the matter except to call it a disciplinary action. He told the Star, “It is a school issue, a private issue, not a public matter.”
Sam-Brownback.jpg
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback

Despite the dust-up, Sullivan — who describes herself as a liberal — maintains she didn’t do anything wrong.
“I don’t regret sending the tweet,” she said. “It was harmless. It’s not like I was really fired up about anything he said.”
But Brownback communications director Sherriene Jones-Sontag disagrees.
“That wasn’t respectful,” she said. “In order to really have a constructive dialogue, there has to be mutual respect….It’s also important for students to recognize the power of social media, how lasting it is. It is on the Internet.”
In the days since the incident, Sullivan has maintained a heavy presence on Twitter, posting news articles about what happened and thanking those expressing their support.
Her account had about 60 followers before the tweet, but now has more than 1,000. There’s also a Facebook page with the tagline, “Support the first amendment” that has garnered more than 50 “likes.”
“I knew this day would come, but I didnt know itd be today #makingheadlines,” she tweeted Wednesday.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/he-...out-kansas-governor-triggers-bigtime-tempest/

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Got to love the liberal mind, it's OK to be rude or offensive to conservatives but don't ever say anything bad about muslims, gays, transgendered, puppies, duckies . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeVjopXLWI"]Jimmy Fallon Show Band Plays 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' To Intro Michele Bachmann - YouTube[/ame]

:pat:

mak2

Got to love the liberal mind, it's OK to be rude or offensive to conservatives but don't ever say anything bad about muslims, gays, transgendered, puppies, duckies . . .

Jimmy Fallon Show Band Plays 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' To Intro Michele Bachmann - YouTube

:pat:

I dont really get who you are talking about here. The school made her apologize and I think that is appropriate, he was a guest at her school. What I dont get is being offended by Jimmy Fallon, he really is just trying to be funny, and the last time I seen his show it wasnt. The entire culture of the right wing bloggers and talking heasds oh and forums liek here, is mostly insult everything slightly to the left with very little substance. Why doesnt that offend you?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont really get who you are talking about here. The school made her apologize and I think that is appropriate, he was a guest at her school. What I dont get is being offended by Jimmy Fallon, he really is just trying to be funny, and the last time I seen his show it wasnt. The entire culture of the right wing bloggers and talking heasds oh and forums liek here, is mostly insult everything slightly to the left with very little substance. Why doesnt that offend you?
No surprise you dont get any of it Mak. :doh:

And talk about adding very little substance, there goes that "pot kettle" thing again. :ermm:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't get it. If sniping at politicians is something to apologize for, then I would spend most of my time writing notes. Somebody need to go back and read the first amendment.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't get it. If sniping at politicians is something to apologize for, then I would spend most of my time writing notes. Somebody need to go back and read the first amendment.
I recon it just matters who you are Jimbo, for some folks anything they do they seem to have excuses made for them by their followers. This video comes to mind. :shifty:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEtqizcs58M&feature=player_embedded"]Obama gives people the finger a lot! - YouTube[/ame]

mak2

No surprise you dont get any of it Mak. :doh:

And talk about adding very little substance, there goes that "pot kettle" thing again. :ermm:

Perfect example. ^ You can insult me, but...

I said I understand why the school made her apologize, the only thing you guys caught was the usual (whaaaa, librullls can do it whayyyyy but conservatives cant bohooohoo).

I also think it is funny you really believe you are sooooo intelectually awsome you cut and paste stuff stupid leeebruls dont understand. That's just funny.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter

I said I understand why the school made her apologize, the only thing you guys caught was the usual (whaaaa, librullls can do it whayyyyy but conservatives cant bohooohoo).

I also think it is funny you really believe you are sooooo intelectually awsome you cut and paste stuff stupid leeebruls dont understand. That's just funny.
Exactly how did I insult you? I only expressed my opinion from what I see of your posts. :unsure:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly how did I insult you? I only expressed my opinion from what I see of your posts. :unsure:
same old same old ....

Lets rate the insults.
I'd rate cowboys at a 1.7

I'd rate Mak's insult a 7.9 He insulted all guys on the forum, as usual he lumps everyone in one basket with himself being the lone member who is the only one who gets it. :pat:

mak2

same old same old ....

Lets rate the insults.

I'd rate Mak's insult a 7.9 He insulted all guys on the forum, as usual he lumps everyone in one basket with himself being the lone member who is the only one who gets it. :pat:

7.9? I need to work out more.

SShepherd

same old same old ....

Lets rate the insults.

I think it's more of a martyr complex:glare:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

Well when you open your eyes the contrast between liberals is pretty striking. Go to a "Teaparty" event and you hear thing like "hello, thank you, excuse me, your welcome", you go to a Liberal event.... Well I can't print what they say and it's not civil...

During and after a Teaparty event, the place is in minimal need of cleanup, many of the OWS and such events are cesspools both during and after.

I don't recall seeing the Teaparty events breaking window and trying to burn police cars, but many Liberal events that is becoming the norm... But if you listen to NPR you hear none of that.

The left is just vile when things don't go their way, the right waits to vote. 2012 is going to be a landslide.

Last edited:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

GeeWiz, I post videos of Obama saying what he means and you totally igore it and want to get a redo from NPR. Copy and paste of what happened and what was said by a US Senator talking about our 57 States and Alaska and Hawaii was pretty striking, had McCain said something like that, NPR would have run that story.... The left passed it off as he was exhausted, so how is he going to handle himself in a true crisis? I bet John Kennedy didn't get a lot of sleep during the Cuban Missile ordeal...

When you can see the story in black and white, and it makes no room for interpretation other than what it is, liberals will still ignore it. Bonnie Frank is the Peak of perversion and yet the left thinks he walks on water. Why is that?

JTyler

If I were that student, I would've held my ground instead of apologizing. This is total BS. I think I'll write an article about this in a few days. Thanks for posting it.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
If I were that student, I would've held my ground instead of apologizing. This is total BS. I think I'll write an article about this in a few days. Thanks for posting it.

Yeah, because everyone should exercise their first amendment rights to be really offensive . . . especially when dealing with Republicans and ESPECIALLY if you are a punk ass high school kid trying to show off in front of an adult in a position of authority. :rolleyes:

And people wonder why the world is the way it is. :pat:

mak2

If you are going to argue against being offensive, just to have a small bit of cred, try not to say "punk ass." I know it's crazy, I know. :yum:
Yeah, because everyone should exercise their first amendment rights to be really offensive . . . especially when dealing with Republicans and ESPECIALLY if you are a punk ass high school kid trying to show off in front of an adult in a position of authority. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JTyler

Yes, that's true, but what you say is what you say. You shouldn't have to apologize for saying something unless it is a lie or it is blatantly racist.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter

You did catch this part didn't ya PB. :unsure:

Even though Sullivan didn’t actually approach the Brownback to make any such comments to him, the tweet caught the eye of his communications director, and it was passed back to the school.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You did catch this part didn't ya PB. :unsure:

It's not like all his friends weren't sitting there getting his tweets in real time.

Regardless, the kid was an ass and got caught - make him learn from his mistakes and learn to be a better person. It's part of learning respect in our society.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not like all his friends weren't sitting there getting his tweets in real time.

Regardless, the kid was an ass and got caught - make him learn from his mistakes and learn to be a better person. It's part of learning respect in our society.
Maybe you otta look at the link PB, theres a picture of the accused. Dont make it any more right, but she is kinda cute. :biggrin: