• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

When Turkeys Attack

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
From the sounds her shoes were making, I'm betting on high heels! She surely was shook up as she ran back wards still filming! Hilarious..

:yum::yum:

Thanks, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wild or domestic turkeys can be aggressive after they lose their fear of people. We had some at the old farm that liked to intimidate folks. Between that and scratching in the wife's flower beds they ended up in the freezer. It is funny to watch folks get chased and freak out though.:clap:Peacocks are almost as bad.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a bunch around here, but I have never seen the mother ship. They were up checking out the feeder the other day. Too early for ear corn and everybody sold off most of it when prices were high last year. Damn ethanol has driven prices way up.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have pictures, it was sooooo long ago but as a young scout we were camping near fort leanard Wood MO when one of the adults suggested I could actually catch a turkey while they roosted at night. We could roast it for dinner next day.

I had been the victim of a snipe hunt before but the scout leader assured me this was real.

So I tried it. Snuck up under a roost tree in the dark and grabbed one. Damm bird close to killed me but I would not let go. In the end however the bird left, I bled from just about everywhere and the next day...... we had Bologna.

So be careful whom you call a Turkey. tough tough birds they are!!!!!:doh:

franc

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
^^^ nicely done!
You must laugh out loud thinking about it. Great story.

Lia

Banned
Now I found this funny. It seems this is a new world wide trend lately since there are problems reported every where they are turkeys. I guess we need more holidays to take more of the creatures down. :wink:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/312590

Very funny video, not scary at all, imho, despite what the reporter believed. She obviously hasn't come across wildlife, and/or Poultry too often. I don't believe that this Turkey wanted to attack her. Its been my experience that Turkeys, Peacocks and Moorhens etc, are, just like Cows, curious creatures.

This Turkey was probably looking for a 'handout of food/grain.' Perhaps the villagers feed them now and again. Or, maybe he just likes human company. The reporter ran; not a good idea when confronting unknown species. But, generally, apart from Swans, most fowl or poultry are pretty harmless really.

Had she had a handful of grain, its my genuine belief that the Turkey would have left her alone.