• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old peoples internal clock ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What is the problem with old people and having to get up at the butt crack of dawn ??? We are retired ... That means we sleep in . My nieghbors in their 70's, get up at 4:30 AM every day . Of course ,I think they go to bed around 4:30 PM :unsure:.

The late ,late news show is the 6PM edition for old people .

Why do they feel the need to call people at 6 AM ??? My eyes are still glued shut at that time of morning . Nothing short of calling and telling me my house is on fire will interest me at that time in the morning and a small fire will not even do that.
I like to lie in bed in the morning and slowly let my body catch up with my mind . Unfortunately my mind went out for coffee at 6AM and forgot to tell my body it was leaving . Damn near peed the bed because i did not know what to do .I do like the nice warm sensation though !!!!:unsure:

Maybe old people go to bed so early cause they have lots of sex ??? Can't wait to hit the sheets :brows::brows:.

Its 8 AM ...... time for my nap :smile:

snow dog

a couple of thoughts

1. God made answering machines for those times when you just can't answer the phone.

2. Are you ever happy or does everything piss you off ?

3. Whats old ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
a couple of thoughts

1. God made answering machines for those times when you just can't answer the phone.

2. Are you ever happy or does everything piss you off ?

3. Whats old ?

Nah.... I try to stay pissed off most the time . Keeps kids from asking me for money :shifty:.

Old is anything older than me . I'll be 103 this year ! ........or was it last year ......hell what year is it ?:w00t2::unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I started getting up at 3am to deliver papers when I was 10 years old. Still wake up between 3-4 every day. They gave me drugs to try to make me sleep when I was hospitalized and I still was up every day for med check and blood draw at 4 am. Hard to break old habits! If I am not up and drinking coffee before the wife she freaks and runs in to see if I died.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I started getting up at 3am to deliver papers when I was 10 years old. Still wake up between 3-4 every day. They gave me drugs to try to make me sleep when I was hospitalized and I still was up every day for med check and blood draw at 4 am. Hard to break old habits! If I am not up and drinking coffee before the wife she freaks and runs in to see if I died.

3 AM !!! Thats disgusting ! I will pray for you !:sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You never did farm work before school or work? Was the norm for us. My neighbor is always up by 5-6 and knows I am as well. My last job I left for work at 3:30 every morning. My wife would get up and make me breakfast and pack me a lunch every morning. I did the barn work while she made breakfast.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You never did farm work before school or work? Was the norm for us. My neighbor is always up by 5-6 and knows I am as well. My last job I left for work at 3:30 every morning. My wife would get up and make me breakfast and pack me a lunch every morning. I did the barn work while she made breakfast.

Yes , I am still trying to block that out of my memorey . Now I only have lazy cows or horses that don't get up much before 10 AM

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Close ,but I still get flash backs .

I do love the extended lunches / naps they take in Panama . It's a easy life style to get use to .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
3 AM !!! Thats disgusting ! I will pray for you !:sad:

I get up a lot between 3 and 4 am. Don't know why I just do. Never have needed an alarm clock. I set my phone a lot of times but no matter what I wake up before it rings.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I get up a lot between 3 and 4 am. Don't know why I just do. Never have needed an alarm clock. I set my phone a lot of times but no matter what I wake up before it rings.
I set the phone alarm if there's something extremely time sensitive like a plane leaving for vacation without me, or picking up a fishing buddy (never before 0700). But like you, I'm always up 5-10 minutes before the alarm, regardless if it's 0600 or 0300. Even when I had a real job I never needed an alarm clock. I just tell myself when I need to get up, and I'm always up on time.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife would get up and make me breakfast and pack me a lunch every morning. I did the barn work while she made breakfast.

I'd hold on to her. She's a keeper.

From the time I was 14 years old and delivering papers, all through my oilfield life, I got up at 4 o'clock in the morning. I was either in the office collecting morning reports at 6 o'clock or I was at the rig send ing in reports for 6 o'clock.

Now I'm retired, I don't get up at 4 o'clock. It's more realistic to think that I may be going to bed at 4 o'clock. But you're right, for the first couple of years it was hard to break friends, especially oilfield friends who were also up at 4 o'clock in the morning, from calling to BS between 5 and 6 o'clock. In my best oilfield English I had to tell them, "Hey you working asshole, call me after your morning meeting at 8 o'clock, not before. Remember, I'm not a brown nosing, sniffling, ass kissing slave of the corporate world any longer. You are. I'm retired". Usually once was enough. Friends are great ... and usually understanding. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

I have an internal clock that goes off at 6:30 AM every morning.
Usually means I have to pee, but even if I'd peed prior, I still get up.

Normally I only need about 4-6 per hours of sleep, unless I am sick, then I go into a dreamy coma until the Gods have healed me.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Is it not fun....getting old?:whistling: Wait till you are pushing 70!!! its still fun!!!:yum: and yes ya still got to PEE....good morn to all...

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
and then sometimes it is cause the old sugar is droping hard.....time for a bit to eat.......40 is a little to low for me!!!.....havent done that in a while.....:hammer:

Lia

Banned
Well, I don't think that this is an 'age issue' specifically. I'm 35, and I have not needed more than 4 to 6 hours sleep for years (I'm talking normal sleep mode here). Like pg I too have an inbuilt clock inside me, and even tho I might be tired, no matter what I do I simply can't sleep any longer than I do.

If'n I wake at 03:00am, then I am awake for the day. I don't have a regular set time for sleep, life takes over, but I know that whenever I finally get to go to bed, I'm gonna be wide awake in 4 to 6 hours, no longer. Just lately I've been lucky to get more'n 4 hours, but I go thro phases of insomnia and/or nightmares.

I wonder, sometimes, if it is just a 'mindset.' I know that there are things that I want to get done, or finish a project that I am working on, or keep to a contractual deadline. But then, even when I haven't much on my agenda, I still only sleep roughly the same hours. On occasions, but as rare as a sighting of Sasquatch, I might sleep a round 9 hours. I don't know what that is all about, but I'm always astonished and wonder how I came to do so...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got almost 5 hours last night. Still up before 4am! Just in time for the weather alert for the next dang storm. Will have to get some wood in under roof before this one gets here. :hammer:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got almost 5 hours last night. Still up before 4am! Just in time for the weather alert for the next dang storm. Will have to get some wood in under roof before this one gets here. :hammer:

If you say that "S" word again I'll come up there and wash your mouth out with soap!!!!!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
6 inches + and a 1/4 inch of ice tonight into tomorrow. Hope you were not planning on getting to the cabin anytime soon.:yum::yum::yum: