• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

National do not call list. Guess who is exempt?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You probably know that we have a national do not call list. The list is part of the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act of 2003 and was signed into law by President Bush on March 11, 2003.

But, did you know:
The law specifically excludes politicians from the ban.

Did you get lots of calls this political season? Did you want any of those automated PIA's? I have never talked to anyone who appreciated the call yet politicians think they are above it all. Their calls are important. Hogwash. Simply another example of Washington taking care of themselves and screwing the rest of the country.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You probably know that we have a national do not call list. The list is part of the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act of 2003 and was signed into law by President Bush on March 11, 2003.

But, did you know:
The law specifically excludes politicians from the ban.

Did you get lots of calls this political season? Did you want any of those automated PIA's? I have never talked to anyone who appreciated the call yet politicians think they are above it all. Their calls are important. Hogwash. Simply another example of Washington taking care of themselves and screwing the rest of the country.

Got one last night ............. !

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got about 80 in the past week (a total for all the home lines). Caller ID is wonderful. I just pick up the receiver then hang it back up. Still a PITA and glad it's over with.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah got lots of them this year. I pick up the phone and set the receiver next to the phone and walk away. Hey it is on their dime.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Got nary a one!

We only have cell phones! :brows:
Same here. Just got flat out tired of paying for a phone and fax that were rarely used. I was even spammed on the damn fax machine which did nothing but waste paper. I now fax online for $10/mo. unlimited, and teh cell phones are all we need.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Same here. Just got flat out tired of paying for a phone and fax that were rarely used. I was even spammed on the damn fax machine which did nothing but waste paper. I now fax online for $10/mo. unlimited, and teh cell phones are all we need.

I would get rid of our phone in a heart beat if it wasn't for the fact we need a line for our DSL internet.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would get rid of our phone in a heart beat if it wasn't for the fact we need a line for our DSL internet.

You should be able to drop the phone they call it a dry line no dial tone just dsl. It isnt mandatory to have a phome to get dsl.
Call and tell them to turn the phone off!

tom

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The biggest reason for land lines is the ability of 911 call centers to identify a location in an emergency. Where we live cell service is so spotty you can't count on it at all. We have a one price phone and DSL plan that is decent. As for the robo calls, they suck. They should be under the same do not call restrictions as everyone.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We got a grand total of 2 calls both from the GOP and one letter. Now if I could get the people wanting me to advertise, buy insurance, take a vacation etc. it would free up our phone by about 20 calls a day.

ncroamer65

Have landline for 911, and get "teleamarketer" calls on it. 2 cell phones
for communcations for wife and I, when were out and get seperated.
I have medicial problems that require me to keep in contact with wife
time to time.

rugerman

I have a sort of solution for the political calls, I just don't vote for the ones that call me since I'm on the do not call list. Looks like it works most of the ones that called are no longer in office. And I didn't even get a call from Pelosi and she is gone, see it works, try it.