• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Oil should be $1.00 a barrel

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Look - we have gravel and sand and water aplenty on the earth. And oil. How much can oil be worth when it freely gushes out of wells? I have a fresh water well 60 feet deep in my yard. I spend probably a couple of bucks a month to pump it out of the ground. Unlimited fresh clean cold water for just the cost of running the electric pump. VS oil gushing in unlimited amounts from wells all over the world. If I were to pump that water out of my well - and put it in a barrel.. how much is it worth? Nothing. So why is oil that doesn 't even need to be pumped out of the ground - and is currently spewing thousands of barrels a day in the Gulf of Mexico and all over the world fetch $73.00 dollars a barrel? My common sense is kicking in here.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thought Tsaw , BUT we have plenty of dirt to , have you tryed to buy any of that latelly ? :yum: . Same as sand & gravel the prices are even more rediculous then oil .

BTW our ground water is contaminated by oil & have to buy bottled water by the gallon for drinking & cooking purposes its 70 cents a gallon , that aint much cheaper then oil if you compare it to a barrel of oil :w00t2:, Just sayin :biggrin:.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea Bob.. you are right. After I posted that.. I thought about it some. I just left it for someone with more common sense to set me straight.
Good reply.

Good thought Tsaw , BUT we have plenty of dirt to , have you tryed to buy any of that latelly ? :yum: . Same as sand & gravel the prices are even more rediculous then oil .

BTW our ground water is contaminated by oil & have to buy bottled water by the gallon for drinking & cooking purposes its 70 cents a gallon , that aint much cheaper then oil if you compare it to a barrel of oil :w00t2:, Just sayin :biggrin:.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
BTW.. how is it that your ground water is contaminated with oil? How did that happen?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW.. how is it that your ground water is contaminated with oil? How did that happen?

Cant say for sure Tsaw , but there were 2 old oil wells on our property many years ago , as well as the fields around Us & regulations and cleanup never used to be very strict back in the 50,s & earlier .

We also have a Major oil & gas pipeline that runs along our property line easement that the oil part of the line had sprung a leak a few years ago , I,m sure that didn,t help much :w00t2: .

So far I,ve got 4 wells & there all bad , I,m Planning on putting a much deeper one in closer to the river this summer closer to the river & see if it gets any better . We go through filtering systems & waterheaters far to much just for laundry & showering . I,m also looking into building a rainwater tower for backup . :biggrin: Sorry for the lengthy answer :wink:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Cowboy, there may not be a lot you can do about your water well problem unless you get real lucky.

You mentioned a river in your reply. Do you have access to it or can you negotiate access? I'm sure you've thought of that but I just thought that I'd ask. I don't know what the use of surface water regulations are in Kansas.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep Frank the river runs through the back of our property & we actually own to the middle of the waterway . Unlike most rivers its perty muddy looking water & the water level can change 10 foot or so in a matter of hours depending on the rains upstream to the north of us & what they do downstream in the big city .

They damn it up to keep the water level the same in the downtown area , so in the dry season theres not much of a current as its so slow & it gets fairlly stagnate up close to our bank . I hope that makes sense . :biggrin: .

I do plan on when I get my small pond done to use a mudpump to fill the pond from the river when needed though :brows: