• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Amish flat tire

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what a flat looks like when you run steel wheels. They also have a buggy sitting at the barn with a broken wooden wheel. The wagon has been there for 4 days on the wrong side of the road and the buggy must have gotten broken Saturday night.

Attachments

• rusty 006.jpg
    rusty 006.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 353

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I see those damn kids were out hotrodding again:yum:
That could be what happened with the buggy. They usually get busted up after the saturday night parties. I think the dumb shits forgot the grease on the spindle for the wagon. Of course they let the kids drive them across some deep gutters also. They snapped the spindle off at the frame. not a cheap or easy fix. There is a shit spreader about 3 miles up the road has been broke down for over a month.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw that before. They do some crazy shit with the 2 wheel fore carts like that. Reminds you of the roman chariot races.:yum:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Horse must have had studded shoes.... What an idiot, if the horse had slipped, it would have broken a leg or something and had to be put down...

SShepherd

That could be what happened with the buggy. They usually get busted up after the saturday night parties. I think the dumb shits forgot the grease on the spindle for the wagon. Of course they let the kids drive them across some deep gutters also. They snapped the spindle off at the frame. not a cheap or easy fix. There is a shit spreader about 3 miles up the road has been broke down for over a month.

LOL..I was joking--you're serious? I would have figured they would get in some serious shit for breaking pops wagons ! letting thm sit around is an invitation for things to get stolen here

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That wagon will most likely be sitting there for a while. Yes they do race buggies up and down our hollow's road. They are usually owned by the kid who runs them. It is a rite of passage when they turn 17 the old man buys them their first buggy. They run about $1700 to $2200 for a nice beginner one. Up till they are that age they usually run the 2 wheel carts. When they turn 17 all hell breaks loose with some of them. That is also the age they start courting the young girls and learning how to unpin dresses. You can tell if they had a good time by the number of straight pins you see in the cracks of the buggy floor. I razz the boys about it so now they know to check them pretty close! The women pin their dresses together instead of sewing them up. Heck I find pins in my suburban after shopping trips with the gals. And no I ain't back there with them!:hammer:

SShepherd

That wagon will most likely be sitting there for a while. Yes they do race buggies up and down our hollow's road. They are usually owned by the kid who runs them. It is a rite of passage when they turn 17 the old man buys them their first buggy. They run about $1700 to $2200 for a nice beginner one. Up till they are that age they usually run the 2 wheel carts. When they turn 17 all hell breaks loose with some of them. That is also the age they start courting the young girls and learning how to unpin dresses. You can tell if they had a good time by the number of straight pins you see in the cracks of the buggy floor. I razz the boys about it so now they know to check them pretty close! The women pin their dresses together instead of sewing them up. Heck I find pins in my suburban after shopping trips with the gals. And no I ain't back there with them!:hammer:

HAHAHAHA....thats funny - so, whats a fancy buggy like? wood stove for heat? lanterns?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck I find pins in my suburban after shopping trips with the gals. And no I ain't back there with them!:hammer:
You run a "Yoder Toter?" Good bucks in haulin' the Amish around. I have two friends with 15-passenger "Yoder Toters" with trailers on the back for big shopping trips and garage sale trips to the big city, and they make a good living at it. Been thinking about it myself.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A fancy buggy will have a tufted leather "dash" and extra wraps for the passengers to keep the snow and wind out. They don't use the old stove brick heaters like i have up here. Down in Pa. they are real popular. I used to use them in the old skid steer to keep my feet warm.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter

Im starting to get into this Amish thing! :w00t:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Never heard of one; what is it?
It is a brick about 8"x12" wrapped in metal with some little stubby legs on it. You put it on the cookstove and let it get hot before you make a trip. The brick radiates heat and when used with the covers on the buggy it makes for a lot nicer ride. They were called carriage heaters years ago.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that so they know where the cash is? :poke:
Actually it directs them to read the card in my wallet that has my meds and what type of ICD I have implanted in me. If they read it they won't use heparin coated IV's on me as that is what tried to kill me in 2007.:hammer: Bad part is 95% of IV's are coated with it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I bust his bubble when i post about the real life experiences of Amish. No different than any other people regardless of race,religion or country of origin. People are people and some are good and some are bad. I do find the misconception of most folks funny. If you live with them and interact as I do they are good folks just a little different in their ways. I try to show them ways to make life easier within the confines of their beliefs. They certainly are smart enough to know that machinery makes a lot of jobs easier and faster. They certainly teach me ways to do things I have never experienced. They are amazed with the things I can find on the internet to help them out.

grizzer

I bust his bubble when i post about the real life experiences of Amish. No different than any other people regardless of race,religion or country of origin. People are people and some are good and some are bad. I do find the misconception of most folks funny. If you live with them and interact as I do they are good folks just a little different in their ways. I try to show them ways to make life easier within the confines of their beliefs. They certainly are smart enough to know that machinery makes a lot of jobs easier and faster. They certainly teach me ways to do things I have never experienced. They are amazed with the things I can find on the internet to help them out.

Agreed I bring them my broken, downtrodden, machinery & get out of their way. I just wish the neighbor would leave his loader there :smile:

ps they do not believe in ammonia based deodorant :w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the girls don't stink like the men do at times. I ain't proud and I will tell them they need to wash up if they want to ride with me. Got to be honest with them. If I pick up stuff for them I get the girls some lightly scented shampoo and they never complain.