• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I scored today !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
A while back I think I wrote a thread about the wife wantin a big ole green house and how I was going to build it from old glass patio doors .

Today my ship came in !!!

I been puttin off doing anything until I could collect enough used glass doors the make the structure . Figured I could pick them up cheap at yard sales and places like that . Today as I was in the shop listening to the local "Call in" radio program where people want to sale stuff , a guy says he wants to get rid of a bunch of glass doors for free . I call the guy and he tells me he has 32 doors !!!! I'm going over tomorrow to pick them up . They are all thermo pane tempered units too !! All I need now is a thermostatic controlled fan and I am in business . :clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a very interesting project. Good thinking on how to reuse and get cheap materials. :thumb: What will you use for the roof on the green house? Are you building the GH in CA, IO or Panama?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Lee Valley tool sells a thermostatically controlled window opener for greenhouses - might not be a bad supplement to the fan. If I remember right, they ran $40-$50 each, but could open a decent sized window a couple of inches.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds like a very interesting project. Good thinking on how to reuse and get cheap materials. :thumb: What will you use for the roof on the green house? Are you building the GH in CA, IO or Panama?

I'm going to build it in Idaho behind the house . The pad is already cut .The glass panels will be the roof also . I have done one before and it worked well .

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I still have about 80 double glass windows still in the shop that are about 32x32 and I built my greenhouse out of plastic and pvc, go figure.:whistling:

Here is a link for a company out of Iowa that handles quite a bit of greenhouse items such as fans, etc.

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/home