• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Unusual toppings?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone else do unusual or otherwise non-traditional things like toppings to their food?

I like to put French Onion dip on a baked potato instead of sour cream.

How about either French or Ranch salad dressing on your pizza? Yum.

Skip the ketchup on a hot dog or hamburger. I prefer horseradish and hot sauce. On the same, I skip pickle or relish and put on hot peppers.

I'll think of more later...

EDIT TO ADD: Paprica (sp?) on potatoes.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How about parmesan cheese on buttered popcorn? ummmmm

Chinese hot chili sauce on a hot dog or added to sloppy joes adds some zing. :D

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Fresh homemade guacamole on spicy grilled chicken is da bomb!
Roasted jalapenoes and garlic salt on my taters, cayenne pepper and parmesan on asparagus and pineapple-coconut-banana salsa on my tortillas, please!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Between fresh cayenne, crushed, and ground, as well as Tabasco; not much at least one won't work on.

However, steak comes with it's own red sauce; if no longer has any: "YOU BURNT IT!" :puke2: Salt and pepper (or maybe dry "seasoned" salts or rubs are allowed)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
How about parmesan cheese on buttered popcorn? ummmmm

Chinese hot chili sauce on a hot dog or added to sloppy joes adds some zing. :D

Yep!!! :) with garlic salt too..

Baked beans on baked potato.. then topped with cheese.

My favourite junk indulgence... ranch Doritos dipped in KFC cole slaw..

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Peanut butter on Summer Sausage.

Oh, and someone brought Kohlrabi in today. I topped it with Braunschweiger. That was different.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Nacho cheese Doritos with Sour Cream & Onion dip.

Cheddar cheese Ruffles on a ham or turkey sandwich (layer the chips right between the bread with the meat & cheese & Miracle Whip)

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We like to marinate steaks in Italian Dressing for 8 hours before grilling.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Nutritional yeast on popcorn.

K

I dont even know what the hell that IS! :ermm::unsure::ermm:

I love Bleu cheese on steak! On anything really :thumb: Sometimes I'll put apple cider or rice vinegar in stews and soups. Hmmmmmm ...... ther has to be odder things but I cant think of em currently

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont even know what the hell that IS! :ermm::unsure::ermm:

I love Bleu cheese on steak! On anything really :thumb: Sometimes I'll put apple cider or rice vinegar in stews and soups. Hmmmmmm ...... ther has to be odder things but I cant think of em currently
You can buy it in health food stores.
It's yellowy brownish in colour, has a slight cheesy taste when you sprinkle it on popcorn-which I have.. I also add it to Gretchen's home made doggie food for the B-vitamins, and in my own veggie version of "meatloaf" ;)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not a topping per se but when you have a salad (especially chicken or steak salad), french fries should be mixed in with the greens.