• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My God What Have we Done

DAP

54 degrees in mid January in Mid Maine. I've been flooded out since October. The river is rising and crested for the 8th time in 3 months.

My tractor which I've owned for 4500 hours (3 months) has 12 hours on it. I have 2 horses, 2 goats and 7 acres. If the fields crests, the barn will flood. I will have to evacuate the animals.

I just lost power for 4 hours and the sump pump went with it. My generator failed and I borrowed the neighbors.

There is water everywhere.

Please make it stop.

Please.

I beg you.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez and I thought I had it bad with non-stop rain (hey! As I type this it stopped raining! It's hailing instead) for 20+ days.

You have my prayers and sympathies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Best luck to all our members at the uppermost corners. You guys are sure getting the weather extremes. Hang in there, it's got to get better!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It has gotten better...Yesterday it was 60 today it is 30. Yesterday the snow was just about gone, but it was replaced last night by a fresh delivery. Yesterday morning my snowblower was together...... by the afternoon, it was apart for servicing.. today it is waiting for parts.... :smileywac

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I still want my snow this winter dammit!! :mad: At least one snow anyway...

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I still want my snow this winter dammit!! :mad: At least one snow anyway...

You got it, probably more than the rest of us, just in liquid form! :yum:

humor_me

DAP said:
There is water everywhere.

Please make it stop.

Please.

I beg you.

I'm so jealous, we have not had any significant rainfall in a year! But, the Mesquite trees have never looked better.

Good Luck DAP!

Kubota King

Junkman said:
It has gotten better...Yesterday it was 60 today it is 30. Yesterday the snow was just about gone, but it was replaced last night by a fresh delivery. Yesterday morning my snowblower was together...... by the afternoon, it was apart for servicing.. today it is waiting for parts.... :smileywac

Junk - How much snow did you get there? we got about an 1 inch here.

Dap - You need to move up north a little bit. Bethel, Me (Sunday River) Got pounded with 10" - 12" I am heading up in four days to get some good snowmobiling in.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
We got about 1" on top of a freezing rain that lasted a few hours. No need to plow the snow off, because there is nothing but ice under it. Tonight it is about 6 degrees and the weather man is predicting 40+ degrees fro Tuesday through Sunday. What a roller coaster ride this winter has been. I can't wait for April, May, or June..........

If either show up while the wife is gone, I am going to get real hot....... :yum:

BadAttitude

I took my GSD puppy outside last night with just a T shirt on...60* and it was about 7PM. Tonight, about the same time it felt like -60* with the wind...BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! The thermo says 8* right now:eek:

When I went back inside, I had to climb into my freezer just to warm up:smileywac

Kubota King

Junkman said:
We got about 1" on top of a freezing rain that lasted a few hours. No need to plow the snow off, because there is nothing but ice under it. Tonight it is about 6 degrees and the weather man is predicting 40+ degrees fro Tuesday through Sunday. What a roller coaster ride this winter has been. I can't wait for April, May, or June..........

If either show up while the wife is gone, I am going to get real hot....... :yum:

Yeah....we got the 2 hour period of freezing rain first also. We did plow the 1" layer of snow on top just because we are required to by contract. I guess I got spoiled by the weather we had last week.