• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DIETING !!!! Man that sucks !!!!!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Yummy! If it looks that good every meal, I think I could even stick to it.

Keep up the great efforts!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yummy! If it looks that good every meal, I think I could even stick to it.

I will tell you guys . I have been on and tried every weight loss diet and program there is . Weight Watchers , Nuti systems , Atkins , hollywood ,soup , you name it and I have tried it .
This is not dieting to me . I am not hungry and the weight is falling off .

If you cannot lose weight on my wife's diet routine , you just do not want to lose weight .
I think she should write a book . She has about 300 cookbooks that she uses to find healthy meal choices . I do not think I have had the same dinner twice ,since I started this new lifestyle .

Last night I even had Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas with nuts for dessert !! My total intake for the day was 960 calories . Dinner was a spicy Blackened Tuna Steak with honey flavored baby carrots and white rice ! Make sure you drink your 8 glasses of water a day !

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
UPDate:
Don't bust my bubble Guys ....... I already know the first week is a lot of water loss too , but it still feels good .:fart2:

It's not "water weight"...read on!

t's not "water weight" it is called "glycogen". Glycogen is a liquid form of stored energy, in the form of carbohydrate. It is stored in the muscle, and it is what we use, for example, in prolonged (like overnight) periods of fasting. Our bodies prefer to burn Carbohydrates first, then protein and fat...so it keeps anywhere from 2-6-8 lbs (depending on your size, if you are a big guy or a little girl, etc) of "stored liquid glycogen" in our muscles. This amount fluctuates throughout the day, and overnight. When you wake up in the morning and eat carbs, your body combines those carbs with water and other things, and forms the glycogen again.

When you want to lose weight, you've got to get rid of the glycogen stores so that your body can begin to burn your fat reserves, which are located in your adipose tissues (fat cells hold fat). So, many diets are low in carbohydrates, so your body will burn off the glycogen reserves first, then begin to burn the fat. This is why in the first two or three days you will drop, well, usually 2-6 lbs. Most of it is, in fact, the glycogen reserves depleting so that you can get down to the business of burning fat. It is real weight, for sure, and real volume, and you will notice it in your clothing fitting looser, etc...and no it isn't "water".

After the glycogen reserves are depleted, your body enters a state of "ketosis" where you are burning fat for energy. This is where you get the headaches and the like, because your brain loves glucose, and it loves glycogen, and when you run low on that your body has to switch gears and start to create glucose molecules from your fat...called gluconeogenesis...but your brain wants it NOW and it takes a bit of time to get into the glucose-producing state. So, we get to experience headaches, dizzyness, light headedness and all the joys of the "first 3 days!".

Now. If we have been cruising along on our diets, and doing well, and losing fat, and then we eat something that is high in carbs.....ever wonder why you can have "a few drinks" or "some chips" or "one piece of cake" or a "few chocolate bars" and gain 2-3 lbs the next day? Thank your body's desire to replentish those glycogen stores. It takes the carbs from what you ate, combines them with water and other things, and quickly replentishes your glycogen reserves....

So you're not really gaining fat if you cheat once on something small. You are replentishing your glycogen reserves. If you continue to cheat, or eat off program, you will gain fat after your glycogen reserves have been filled again...but usually not from the one cheat. That's why it comes off so quickly (and you get headaches and the like all over again!) when you go back on program.

So that's it, Glycogen 101.
-

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Eat 4 meals. Contents no larger than your fist. ALMOST anything you want.
One night of drinking. No more than 5 small drinks!
Eat whole foods. LOTS of fibre!! Here is my thing.... whole wheat pasta! It has 6 grams of fibre!! No more than 1/3 pound per serving!!! But load on the vegies. Broccoli with olive oil (good stuff NOT cheap!) with REAL cheese grated and a dash of bread crumbs. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc ,

Breakfast:
Cereral hot or cold ,juice,decaf hot tea. I can substitute eggs and turkey bacon if I wish too . I like cereral !

BigAl,
I am not overweight by any means but decided to start eating something for breakfast in the mornings. With my cholesterol, heart problems and diabetes I am eating oatmeal almost every day. My weight dropped 20 pounds and my cholesterol is now 134. And I feel better throughout the day. Just the single serving packets that are also available in Low Sugar variety.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok :thumb: :coolshade !!!!!. I have been on my new eating and workput lifestyle for two weeks as of today .I weighed in this morning ,now that we have the new "higher rated" scale for me to weigh on . I had hoped for 20 pounds lost in the first week and 10 Pounds the 2nd week . I lost 26 pounds in the first 10 days of this program and as of this morning ,I lost another 7 pounds, for a grand total of 33 pounds in two weeks .

My wife lost 8 pounds this week and she isn't really much over weight at all . She was hoping for 5 pounds this week . She has lost 13 pounds in two weeks .

So now i'll be weighing in once a week ,every Saturday, until we leave for Panama in a month .
I gotta go find my Bikini shorts :5boobs: :coolshade :boobies: !!!!

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Congrats, but did you HAVE to make me have a visual with the bikini comment? lmao

rico304

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! Very excited for you! :thumb: :respect:
I like the idea of frozen bananas. I recently read that some people grill them. Said they carmalize. I'll be trying that one as soon as I get gas for the grill.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND KEEP POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
UPDATE:

What a bunch of crap :snow2_smi: !!! I worked out harder than ever this week . I did not cheat and stayed on the new eating style like it was a religion .I could barely walk for 2 days after starting to jog again after 25 years . I only lost 2/10's of a pound for the whole damn week !!!
Before weighing in , I was thinking 10 pounds would be about right .

I figured out my Calorie intake and it is less than 5500 for the whole 7 days .I average about 750-800 calories a day now . My calorie output is probably close to 4000 plus a day , or 28000-30000 a week right now . I should be losing over a pound a day based on just that !!! I think I must have hit one of those Plateaus that the trainers talk about.

My wife actually gain 1 pound !!! That sucks because she busted her butt as hard or harder than I did .

I hate to think about how she is going to be cranking up the workouts in the mornings . I am sore 24/7 now . Pray for me .....:snow2_smi:
I hope next weeks numbers are better !!!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ohhhhh man. That sucks Al. It doesnt make sense either. You should have lost some pounds! Damn scale is broke. Get a new scale and use the old one as an anchor for one of your boats. :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Update :

Man :snow2_smi: ! I guess I need to start eating more to trigger my wieght loss to kick in better .My body is shutting down on calorie use . The last week has been some grueling workouts . I was hoping for 10 pounds . I ended up losing 5 pounds . Thats a total of 38 pounds loss ,as of this morning .
I been averaging about 850 calories a day maximum input . I guess thats not enough .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, you will reach plateaus like that when loosing weight. You don't need to cut any more calories. Do what you've been doing. No hurry. Weight doesn't come on us fast, nor does it leave fast. darn it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, you will reach plateaus like that when loosing weight. You don't need to cut any more calories. Do what you've been doing. No hurry. Weight doesn't come on us fast, nor does it leave fast. darn it.
Actually Doc ,
I think I may have cut too much in calories and need to start eating more to lose wieght faster ,according to my Nutrionist .The lady says I should be eating 2100 calories a day now and I am only averaging 850 . I have not been hungry ,but I am going to start eating more fruit as snacks during the day to try and rev up my metabolism .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like good advice Al. If your metabolism slows down to far it can cause other problems (that I can't think of now).

rico304

Small meals/snacks 5-6 times a day. You don't really have time to be hungry as your next meal/snack is just around the corner. Metabolism constantly burns because it knows the next meal is not far away. If you wait extended periods between meals, the body will start to store as fat, thinking that it might need it later.
That is what I read anyway. haha

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
UPDATE : 02/16/2008

Lost 5 more pounds this week . Thats 43 pounds lossed as of now ! I also loss 12" total in my overall measurements over last week . I am starting my 6th week today . Looks like I have settled into a routine of 5 pounds a week of weight loss .:coolshade

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: CONGRATS!!!!! :rock: Thats some hard work and determination! Keep it up buddy. :thumb:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter

Lost 5 more pounds this week . Thats 43 pounds lossed as of now ! I also loss 12" total in my overall measurements over last week . I am starting my 6th week today . Looks like I have settled into a routine of 5 pounds a week of weight loss .:coolshade

Congratulations on the progress.:thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I also loss 12" total in my overall measurements over last week .

Wow, do you want that :confused2: Oh you mean around your waist :hide:

You make me jealous Al, sure wished I had the drive you do. Congratulations.

murph

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
You're wasting away, man. I'm going to send you a 20oz prime rib, medium rare, with a loaded baked potato to help pack it down. :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow, do you want that :confused2: Oh you mean around your waist :hide:

You make me jealous Al, sure wished I had the drive you do. Congratulations.

murph

That was the total loss in inches from my waist,hips, thighs, neck.chest and biceps . If I loss 12" "there alone", I would be deep in the negative numbers !!!!:yum: :snow2_smi:

At least by measuring I can tell if I am losing inches weather the scales say so or not .

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
:hide: hide? :confused2:

Instead: "Took one for BigAl's benefit" sounds much more nobel! :respect:

Keep up the great efforts BigAl....or is it just Al now? :applause: :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
update: 2/23/2008

Another 5.2 pounds down this morning for the week :respect: . That puts me at a little over 48 Pounds of weight loss. Also lost another 2 3/4 inches in my waist alone this week .I guess all those "Crunches" each day are paying off !
As I said last week , I guess I have settled into a regular routine of 5 pounds a week of weight loss now .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Go Allen go!!!!! Good job man. Those gals in panama will sure be surprised. :D

I've just ordered the biggest losers cookbook we discussed on the cooking forum. :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I've just ordered the biggest losers cookbook we discussed on the cooking forum. :thumb:

Doc , I sure hope you enjoy it as much as my wife and I do . There is nothing difficult about losing weight using their recipes . I could easily eat a new meal every day from that book weather I was on a strict diet or not . If I can lose weight on it , anybody can .
I do know I could lose more weight if I increased my calorie intake a little to juice up my metabaism ,but about 800- 850 calories is about all I can stuff in my mouth a day now . I am just too full to eat any more !

The nice part is no more high blood pressure and the daily heartburn/Bile in the throat crap is long gone now .
Now if only I could get my old back injury to stop giving me fits, I would be so happy I would crap in my hand and rub it in my hair :thumb: !

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got some seat time yesterday pushing and pulling some snow around and boy is my back ever killing me. Advil and a heating pad helps, but it still hurts like heck.
I look forward to getting the book. I ordered the calorie counter to. Both were on sale on amazon.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So BigAl, are you going to change your name now to ThinAl?
SuaveAl?
:respect: Good job my dear and good health to you:thumb:
:weneedpic

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So BigAl, are you going to change your name now to ThinAl?
SuaveAl?

I will always be ole "BigAl":wave:
I got that name way back in the 60's from Rowan & Martins "Laugh In" . It just stuck . My hope is to someday be so "skinny" that

"if I turn sideways and stick out my tongue , i'll look like a zipper" !