• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ketchup that ruins the taste of your food!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
$4.59 per bottle.

Vine ripened sun dried tomato ketchup.

I thought it would be good on my burger tonight. I was wrong. Very very wrong.

Even if this was on sale for 50-cents in a close out bin at the Dollar Store it would be over-priced. Of course that is just my opinion. But as someone who loves sundried tomatoes I cannot recommend this ketchup for anything other than simulated blood splatter at the community theatre. Certainly not for consumption.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 148

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I refuse to have Ketchup on a piece of meat . Why am I hiding the flavor of the meat unless it taste like shit . I will just send it back . About the only thing I will have it with is sometimes French Fries . And if they are good and crisp I will not use it at all .

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I like a little ketchup on my fries but I really like it on my hashbrowns at breakfast unless there is sausage gravy on the table. :whistling:

I'm with Al on ketchup on meat. If you see me doing that there is something wrong.

Now that I'm thinking about it I might switch to sausage gravy on the french fries too.

If anyones looking for me in the morning I'll be at the Bob Evans in Leesburg.

Jim

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I don't put ketchup on my steak, or my eggs, and I don't eat hash browns. Rarely will I eat french fries and then they are usually just salted. More likely I will eat sweet potato fries and they would be awful with ketchup adorning them.

But I do put ketchup on my hamburger. Ketchup and Onion. They were made to go on top of a steaming hot hamburger, and all stacked in between a soft onion-bun.

And this is NOT the brand of ketchup you want to use on a burger!!!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll use it on burgers, fries or hot dogs. Otherwise I don't use it at all. And it's only Heinz for me.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Try RED GOLD ketchup. It is amazingly better than Heinz.

Thanks, I'll have to look for it. I don't remember seeing it but their website says they are one of the largest private labelers so I have some labels to read.

Jim

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, I'll have to look for it. I don't remember seeing it but their website says they are one of the largest private labelers so I have some labels to read.

Jim
But the RED GOLD recipe is not the same recipe they use for the private label. It is a regional brand but it sometimes can be found outside the midwest. Its the BEST ketchup on the market by a long margin.

One you try it you will got back and demand your local grocer keeps it in stock. :hammer:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
But the RED GOLD recipe is not the same recipe they use for the private label. It is a regional brand but it sometimes can be found outside the midwest. Its the BEST ketchup on the market by a long margin.

One you try it you will got back and demand your local grocer keeps it in stock. :hammer:

Found it on Amazon. 3 14 oz bottles shipped for $11.01.

Jim

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with ketchup, especialy HEINZ..... toasted bread with blueberry jam & ketchup.... great for breakfast !!!!!

You're a sick little puppy!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm one of those who very seldom uses ketchup. I use it on a hot dog which I eat very rarely or on a hamburger which I also eat very rarely. Once every couple of years when I eat breakfast out I'll run across some hash browns that really need help and then I'll use some.

So, I don't always use ketchup but, when I do, it's Heinz!!!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Dumb ass - didn't you see the word "California" at the top of the label?

That's the number one sign that it's going to be a shitty product.

:poke:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HP steak sauce. I put that $*@# on everything.

Do you call that "Brown Sauce" like the Brits? I was asked if I wanted some Brown Sauce and had now clue what they were asking.

As Churchill said, two nations separated by a common language.

jwstewar

I will put ketchup on fries and sometimes hashbrowns if there isn't sausage gravy. Once in awhile I will put it on a hot dog, but usually not. A Hamburger gets cheese, pickle, and tomato only.

If I'm at a restaurant and order a steak and they ask me if I was steak sauce I look at them and ask "Is there something wrong with the steak that I need to cover the taste up?" Most of the time they just look at me funny, but I actually had one manager say thank you, that is an honor and the chef appreciates it that you want to taste what he has prepared vs. covering it up with some nasty sauce.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Do you call that "Brown Sauce" like the Brits? I was asked if I wanted some Brown Sauce and had now clue what they were asking.

As Churchill said, two nations separated by a common language.

Ah!! the great HP Sauce. We Brits were brought up on the stuff. My father used it on everything.

They changed the recipe a couple of years back to comply with Government regulations on the salt content of food and I'm told that it's not nearly as good as it used to be.

Plain ol' brown sauce is slightly different from steak sauce. The recipe also varies slightly for sale in different parts of the world.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
My dad,myself and my oldest son will eat it on pretty much everything. I have even made sandwiches with it. Just bread and HP sauce.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter