• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TBN Post Missing Bob Surka

JimR

Charter Member
Bob, It seems that you are missed over there. Someone is complimenting you on previous posts and information they needed. They also wanted to know where you have gone. The reply said that you were banned along with Junkman, OkeeDon and a few others. I bet this post gets deleted very quickly from TBN.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's already gone! Might a been because I posted a vague reason.....:whistle:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim

I was told about the thread. I also got a PM from Les (Rico304). I know him and trade real email with him. So I sent him the following via regular email (since I can't respond by PM since I got banned).

Les

In fact I was banned.

I turned my brother in law onto TBN while I was at my mother in law's funeral in New Mexico. Even though I quit, I found he needed help with his tractor (he has a 70hp Foton tractor marketed by Tractor King). He posted a handful of times. After the funeral, he returned to Indiana and posted one time from my computer. After he posted, I got a PM from Muhammad saying I broke the rules and was posting under two names.

My BIL is TexMex. He grew up in Indiana, moved to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for several years, then moved to New Mexico a couple years ago before his dad (my Father In Law) died. Now my MIL died. And now I am banned because he posted off my computer but still used his log in name. If you read his posts, he has a different opinion about tractors than I have. He hates Kioti tractors, and I do not. He loves Mahindra, and I think they are so-so. He loves Deere/Kubota but never priced a New Holland as there were no dealer near him, he only saw his first NH when he saw mine recently.

I was not posting on TBN, but I was sporadically trading PMs with people who PMed me. Now I cannot even answer PMs.

Bob

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a bit of an update, I got an email from another TBN member who asked me to return. Jim Slagle. I sent him essentially the same email that I sent to Rico304, with a bit more detail. But really I don't care to post on TBN at this point.

Weeks prior to my banishment I stopped posting. And when TBDonnelly posted against my brother in law's comments about Kioti, I had the perfect opportunity to take some major shots at that jerk. But coming out of my self imposed retirement to attack someone with as little integrity as "don" would only lower me to his standards.

Fact of the matter is there have been dozens of ways that I could have caused trouble and stirred up junk on TBN prior to my unnecessary banishment but I never did. Funny thing is I got kicked out for giving them a new member. He even misspelled my name (but he does that to me on purpose all the time). And the other funny thing is that he doesn't even believe the same things I believe about tractors. Then again, he doesn't know much about them at all.

As my 10 year old daughter would say in times when things are futile: Whatever!

JimR

Charter Member
They have deleted the post about Where is Bob? I guess they don't want the truth being told and do not want to lose any more members. A lot of websites have their day, others make it because the members make it for them.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
JimR said:
They have deleted the post about Where is Bob? I guess they don't want the truth being told and do not want to lose any more members. A lot of websites have their day, others make it because the members make it for them.

Yup, the whole thread was deleted. I suspect that the moderators consider it a private matter and don't want things like that discussed in public. I took a look at it and there were quite a few posts in the thread, I suspect if they left it up that it would have created quite a lot of questions by many members and created a bit of grief too? I have no idea how many posts were added after I peeked in on it, but I thing there were at least a half dozen replies in a fairly short amount of time.

I also got contacted by Makato. He is a Kioti CK30 owner that I have been helping over the past few days with some snow blade quesitons. Here is part of his reply to me when I told him I was no longer posting there:

I've followed your information for over a year and its to bad you got frustrated with the idiots that show up on the forum. I think your expertese and input was extremely valuable for us rookies.
One of those idiots got a riff started last week but it got quickly removed as soon as it was reported to the moderator. I think that's the key.

Dale

The reality is that even the Kioti guys are fed up with the antics of the "rabid dog" Kioti owners. I've said it a dozen times before, it is not the tractor it is the group of idiot owners who know more than all the rest of the folks what the "correct" answer is and they then jam it down the throats of the rest of us. And it is not limited to any one brand. KeithB, thingy,,,,,, gsrx1100, thegreatlandini all come to mind as confrontational posters in other forums.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,
Just had to comment. I am shocked at M. You put so much into that site over the past few years. You especially followed rule number 8 at all times. I admire your decision to move on, and not react vindictively. You were treated so unfair. I feel sorry for you and am dumbfounded by their actions.

We can build a Tractor forum right here for you. Your kind of knowledge and willingness to do studies with an open mind is hard to find. Maybe it will draw a following over to our side. :)

M's loss is our gain! :)

Doc

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it seems a bit silly to ban someone who stopped posting, but they can do what they want. I've not lowered myself to the level of the troublemakers who caused me to leave and the moderators can claim to be fair but I suggest they are protecting the troublemakers (or at least some of the moderators do), and I've even admitted that every post of mine that they deleted (except for 1 deleted by MossRoad) was a legitimate deletion. And the one I did have a problem with I handled via PM between myself and Moss. I still think he was totally wrong, in fact I think he simply totally misunderstood my post, and I think that because he posted after my post and his post had nothing to do with what I wrote. But I suppose a simple misunderstanding is bound to happen, heck I had 6000 posts over there, some were not appropriate, most were, and some were bound to be misunderstood by someone. But I didn't lash out at him or anyone else, I waited a few days, wrote him a letter and got it out of my system. I think I did that many times with other folks too. I only wish I would have saved the PMs that I got from several other TBN members that were forwarded to me but were originally written by "shoppintractors" where he was trying to turn people against me, against Neil Messick, Dargo, and one or two others. My habit was to read them and then delete them. That was unfortunate. I think at the very end I had a partial one that I received that I forwarded on to moderators, but it was not very damning. The shame is that some really good guys were lost, guys like BigAl, Indydirtfarmer, 5030, and many others who were helpful, non-confrontational, and good friends. I still email several of them, but I think they got burned out by the attacks.

Last edited:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a really busy day today, but I popped on to see that thread. What struck me was that one of the "new" Kioti morons rationalized Bob leaving as simply being someone who was one of the "old guard" who wasn't willing to conform to the new generation of TBN'ers. WTF!!!?? Basically I took his post as being a "good riddance" post.

I honestly started to reply, but figured that I'd let them show :moon: , and just watch TBN go :toilet: . I see it, but I still can hardly believe it. The vocal, uneducated, shop by price only, Kioti owners have moved in and have now honestly taken over TBN. I know M has to know this as well as the other mods. I have to simply assume that it is their will to allow their site to move this direction. I've never been, nor ever will be, a person who shops on sheer price alone, and then spends all of my energy trying to justify that my purchase wasn't based on price alone. :smileywac Oh well, do the deal, and feed them the fish heads. I don't feel as if I am welcomed there either. Any fact based discussion is not what is desired. You see, facts prevent the complete transformation to TBN to KBN.

I am quite aware that they do not want my suggestions, but why not be honest there, and actually change the name to KiotiByNet and start another TBN without any of the fanatical Kioti people allowed?! That sure seems to be a simple answer to me. There would be no need for fact based people to venture into the KBN site, and the people on the "new" TBN should be able to use fact to drive the rabid Kioti fools back to KBN. Why wouldn't that work?!

OregonAlex

Dargo said:
I am quite aware that they do not want my suggestions, but why not be honest there, and actually change the name to KiotiByNet and start another TBN without any of the fanatical Kioti people allowed?! That sure seems to be a simple answer to me. There would be no need for fact based people to venture into the KBN site, and the people on the "new" TBN should be able to use fact to drive the rabid Kioti fools back to KBN. Why wouldn't that work?!

Making the Kioti maniac leave TBN will not make TBN what it once was. The censorship is way out of control... With the current level of censorship and what I have seen them do, you are wasting your time and energy giving you suggestions. Your efforts and energy spent on suggestions are not yours anymore.. they are owned by the TBN moderators. And they can delete them as they wish. Silence peoples as they wish, prevent people from talking to each other in public or private PM, erase history, and build there own reality as they see fit. You have built their membership list, put money in their pocket by bringing in advertisers, and sold Muhammid's expert Tractor book..... with your energy, and when you don't agree with them or seem to be unloyal by suggesting free speech or to look at potentially competiting "tractor" web site forums, this is what they think of you and your energy you have put out. Just who do you think you are? You think you are special and we should value anything you have to say? We dont need you, we have THOUSANDs of members now. You are disposable.
:moon:

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OregonAlex said:
Making the Kioti maniac leave TBN will not make TBN what it once was. The censorship is way out of control... With the current level of censorship and what I have seen them do, you are wasting your time and energy giving you suggestions. Your efforts and energy spent on suggestions are not yours anymore.. they are owned by the TBN moderators. And they can delete them as they wish. Silence peoples as they wish, prevent people from talking to each other in public or private PM, erase history, and build there own reality as they see fit. You have built their membership list, put money in their pocket by bringing in advertisers, and sold Muhammid's expert Tractor book..... with your energy, and when you don't agree with them or seem to be unloyal by suggesting free speech or to look at potentially competiting "tractor" web site forums, this is what they think of you and your energy you have put out. Just who do you think you are? You think you are special and we should value anything you have to say? We dont need you, we have THOUSANDs of members now. You are disposable.

Good post OA.

I have to wonder how much censorship has gone on all along. Until this site I had no idea of how many posts were deleted, and now that we see the ones they delete and the extent of censorship going on I have to wonder: is it just now getting out of control, or has it been that way all along and TBN'ers just see what they allow period.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OregonAlex said:
Making the Kioti maniac leave TBN will not make TBN what it once was. The censorship is way out of control... With the current level of censorship and what I have seen them do, you are wasting your time and energy giving you suggestions.

I pushed my luck in the "to play in the playground" thread on TBN recently addressing this very issue. My only vague support came from Sigarms. They're gonna do what they want. Just like you said, participation will suffer!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigDog, it seems to me that you being a Kioti owner who is not part of the 'rabid pack' actually gives you more privleges than non-Kioti owners have. You can criticize the censorship of rational posts and cannot be accused of bashing. You can criticize the 'rabid pack' mentality. Of course, you can have your posts deleted too, but that would only go to prove how bad things have become.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Of course, you can have your posts deleted too, but that would only go to prove how bad things have become.

I've stated that very fact that some of my post have been deleted and let my displeasure known publicly on TBN. It's the result of friendly fire so they say. Doesn't negate the fact that my time was wasted!

BoneheadNW

OregonAlex said:

OA: Your post exactly summarizes the situation at TBN.

Muhammad: If you read this and decide to ban me from your site, that is your right. But OregonAlex's post above is exactly how I feel about TBN. I will abide by your TOS by no longer posting to your forum. I will only post to the PM at your site to communicate with my friends that are still members.

Bonehead

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
OA: Your post exactly summarizes the situation at TBN.

Muhammad: If you read this and decide to ban me from your site, that is your right. But OregonAlex's post above is exactly how I feel about TBN. I will abide by your TOS by no longer posting to your forum. I will only post to the PM at your site to communicate with my friends that are still members.

Bonehead

Bonehead, I would strongly suggest that you send your friends you real email address. It is easier than communicating by PM anyway. I had a group of folks I communicated with via email and a group I communicated with via PM. I've now lost contact with many of the people I used to only communicate with via PM, I wish that I had some email address for some of the guys I still consider friends but cannot converse with.