• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need some input from y'all

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well if it is for women mostly that will bid. Then gear for them. I have seen tools that were "Pink", hammers, screwdrivers and the like for the basic tool kit. A good set of leather work gloves and knee pads (no really for work).

http://www.tools-for-women.com/

You could call it the "Womens basic home repair kit".

What guy would want to be out hammering with a pink handled hammer...

Just a thought...

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
This is something for men to bid on and sadistic wives to bid on for their husbands. It's a clambake, so it will be mostly couples there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Why not just give them a trip to Toiletville without having to eat at Dead Lobster. That place is a pit, it stinks, and the people are not pleasant. At least that's been my experience at the local joint nearby. The carpeting is filthy, which just skeeves me to no end. But thank you kindly for the idea. I'll take the bamboo shoots under the finger nails instead.

(can you tell I don't like Dead Lobster?)
:ohmy: Sorry to hear the one near you is that bad.
Ours isn't as rundown as yours sounds.
The only problem with it is lack of patrons. Used to be you had to fight for a parking space. Not now. Last time I ate there it was me, about 3 other couples and a guy sitting at the bar area. This was around 6pm on a Saturday night.

(Your Dead Lobster sounds like our Pizza Hut. Used to have excellent crew of people working there-now, not so much. It still stinks from when smoking was permitted, the vinyl on the booth seating is torn on a lot of them, carpet disgusting, table and chair areas (chairs some very unstable)- restrooms HORRIBLE! Those little trivet trays they have with the parmesan cheese and hot pepper flakes, sugar and s&p are GROSS. Look like they haven't been wiped off or sanatized in any way for years.
Last time I ate there, I told them I wouldn't be coming back.
More because the lunch buffet had just ended 5 minutes before I walked in.
All the pizzas, pastas and bread sticks were still there under the heat smelling nice. I couldn't eat that food because it was past buffet.
So while I'm sitting there waiting for my order a couple walk in and see the buffet, pick up plates and start serving themselves then sit down and begin eating. Waitress sees them and tells them it ended. They said the food is there, we're eating it. No argument.
In the meantime, I am stuck with paying more for my meal than if I'd been allowed the buffet.
blahh.. sorry for the rant and going off topic.:yum:

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Might I suggest a couple/few nice lures, a good pocket or utility knife along with some high quality wool socks, a miniature survival kit featuring fire starting stuff, a sharpening stone and maybe a nice brand name (Columbia maybe) lightweight waterproof jacket w/hood and some shades. In fact, if you're going to try to get matching donations, maybe you could put together several themed baskets. Like one for hunting, one for fishing, sports, etc.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Why not just give them a trip to Toiletville without having to eat at Dead Lobster. That place is a pit, it stinks, and the people are not pleasant. At least that's been my experience at the local joint nearby. The carpeting is filthy, which just skeeves me to no end. But thank you kindly for the idea. I'll take the bamboo shoots under the finger nails instead.

(can you tell I don't like Dead Lobster?)

I think Red or Dead depends on the individual store. The one here in our town is good and one other one in the twin cities. But others is like the pendulum swinging to the other side. Dead.