• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

wires being chewd on,pepper spray ok ??

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I see that pepper tape is sold for wrapping wires to keep them from being chewed on. do you think a pepper spray would work easier? I never used the stuff does it have a strong lingering odor that would cause problems?
I was thinking like the cabin stove and car wires.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i don't know about rodents but bear spray is an attractant if you spray it on your camp stuff it only acts as a deterrent if a bear is hit in the eyes and nose . i know tabasco works well to train puppys not to chew on stuff might try that.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks ,don
I seen a clip on the news about protecting car wires and they said the pepper tape over them works. I just was wondering if I could cut loose with a can of pepper spray under my wife's car hood without winding up washing my own clothes for a month.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How about using some bait blocks like TomCat?

I lay them around in my buildings and no problems with wires.

You could probably use some wire and tie a couple of them under the hood.

048745312491lg.jpg

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I was told if you have a car stored in a garage leave the radio on kinda loud and it supposed to scare away mice. Or moth balls are supposed to keep them away. Never personally tried either one.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I ran onto these home made mouse traps and plan to make the first bucket one for my pole barn.

Attachments

• MouseTrap_SpinTheBottle.jpg
    MouseTrap_SpinTheBottle.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 26
  • MouseTrap_FlipPlate.jpg
    MouseTrap_FlipPlate.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 28

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I've heard peppermint oil is a good deterrent and would be more pleasant than bear spray.
Mike

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
something to think about is pepper spray comes from oc and is a highly corrosive acid you might want to go the peppermint rout