• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ski dozer for sale

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
what is the going price for a skidozer in good condition i found one for 5 k needs work sme bad road wheels and grousers are rusted down to nothing i will take some pics and post for a appraisal soon enough but was wondering what it could be worth if i put some sweat equity in to it

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
what is the going price for a skidozer in good condition i found one for 5 k needs work sme bad road wheels and grousers are rusted down to nothing i will take some pics and post for a appraisal soon enough but was wondering what it could be worth if i put some sweat equity in to it
i took the dogs for a walk this morning and snapped some pics of this bombi skidozer that the guy wanth 5 k for looking at the general condition i think its a little high it does have a 300 ford and automatic but the pics will show the extent of the rust and condition of the road wheels

Attachments

• ski dozer pics 011.jpg
    ski dozer pics 011.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 875
  • ski dozer pics 010.jpg
    ski dozer pics 010.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 868
  • ski dozer pics 009.jpg
    ski dozer pics 009.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 866
  • ski dozer pics 008.jpg
    ski dozer pics 008.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 879
  • ski dozer pics 007.jpg
    ski dozer pics 007.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 853
  • ski dozer pics 005.jpg
    ski dozer pics 005.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 859

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting location for the fuel tank???? Better hope the carb needle and seat is in really good condition or have a fuel shutoff valve of some type installed........:ermm:
Someone will believe it is worth the dollars and buy it. A lot of people in the lower 48 are looking for fixer uppers and then put another 10K+ into them turning them in to a decent operational snow cat. Not a lot of snow cats available that even run in the 5K range and from your info I will assume it does run....:unsure:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting location for the fuel tank???? Better hope the carb needle and seat is in really good condition or have a fuel shutoff valve of some type installed........:ermm:
Someone will believe it is worth the dollars and buy it. A lot of people in the lower 48 are looking for fixer uppers and then put another 10K+ into them turning them in to a decent operational snow cat. Not a lot of snow cats available that even run in the 5K range and from your info I will assume it does run....:unsure:
i havn't heard it run i however know the durability of this power package and was told from a reliable source it runs like a swiss watch so i have to believe what you are saying is that in good condition it could be worth 15 k what would be an estimated price for new track steel and road wheels I will have to look at cost and decide if i want to under take this project

snowbird

I've not got a good handle on the value of a ski-dozer, but I did restore one last year. It had a bunch of rust and I had to replace the metal gas tank (I used a plastic marine one). I guess most in the forum would suggest you consider the drivetrain condition and track since they seem to be the most expensive to replace. Also forum members familiar with Bombardier would say the company must have had part interest in a body putty company because under that yellow paint is a ton of putty. We didn't get a bunch of snow last winter, but I enjoyed my ski-dozer.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
should i invest in it it will most likely be leased out because of the fact rigs like those are bullet proof contractors are always looking for over land transportation or something to move drills or survay equipment arund or general logistics vehicles i personaly think you cant beat the preformance of the snow trac but they are built light and if you are not skilled in their use you can do a lot of damage quickly i alse have a muskeg to go look at has a 3-53 detriot in it

DynatracGuy

I've not got a good handle on the value of a ski-dozer, but I did restore one last year. It had a bunch of rust and I had to replace the metal gas tank (I used a plastic marine one). I guess most in the forum would suggest you consider the drivetrain condition and track since they seem to be the most expensive to replace. Also forum members familiar with Bombardier would say the company must have had part interest in a body putty company because under that yellow paint is a ton of putty. We didn't get a bunch of snow last winter, but I enjoyed my ski-dozer.

I'm restoring a Muskeg tractor, so can tell you more about the putty. They used almost no stamped sheet metal. The cab is built with flat sheets on a tubing frame. Where there is a corner the metal is recessed and stitch welded. The putty is to give it a nice rounded shape. Same with the sheet metal that meets the angle iron bottom. More putty to taper between the two. If you like the retro smooth curve appearance it's OK. If I had to do much repair work I'd go with square edges and a continuous weld bead. Start with a stitch weld first to prevent distortion.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i'm confident the cab is ok for all but the hard core restorer right now alittle por 15 and paint could make it a money maker and should i invest in it it will be leased out wich i refuse to do with my snow trac i located a muskeg with a 3-53 detroit and i'm thinking about chasing owner ship of that one down too i'm betting it can be gotten for a song and a dance its also inland away from the salt